The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crashes visually but can still hear sounds/actions

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, since the update, I keep getting a lot of crashes. The crash appers a couple od ways:

1. Game visually 'freezes' but can hear sound continuing. Eg, if I'm running *crash* can 'stop' running then start running again (because I hear the sound of feet running).
2. Game crashes to black screem but sound continues as above.

As for when it happens - usually if I stop moving in game for any length of time. Also, if I 'wondows key' out of the game then return, the visiual freeze-type crash will have happened.

Before the last patch I made some alterations tto the user settings that one of the devs posted and that really helped. Not sure if its possible to use them now due to the Morrowind update.

Any help/suggestions please?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • CorruptionDX
    CorruptionDX
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, i haven't found a fix that lasts for more than a day.
  • Shorty1861
    I have encountered this issue before the release of Morrowind. Almost always happened in Cyrodiil. The screen would freeze, but like you the music and sound effects would continue. On the task bar a second instance of the game would appear so it looked like I had two instances of the game running.