The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Irylia's Morrowind Msorc Build

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go shackle, lich or CA, willpower or endurance depending on what the objective is.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Testla wrote: »
    Im using same gear since the release . If u wanna use this on bg i suggest getting atro mundus instead and dont use dark deal at all in there. For open world no cp i totally agree remove harness for dark deal. For cp i use different build which i find quite a bit stronger which is 5shackle-5alteration mastery 1 maelstorm . The reason its stronger with cp is u get 16% less costs in ur dodge and break free so u dont really need more than 1k stam reg. Nonetheless shackle+witchmother+ 3 prismatic will be sorc meta this patch.
    Also use streak and destroy every stamina build outhere instead of useless bol :dizzy:

mind sharing few more details on shackle + alt ? such as jewel glyphs, mundus etc ?

also, how would you adapt shackle + alt for no cp bg ?

Thanks

I forgot to clarify that in my amber shackle i use 2 reduce costs enchants and 1 spell damage. The reason being i dont use dark conversion at all in bg.
    I tried shackle and alteration in bg too but stamina issues were big enough for me to drop it.I don tthink its worth it for no cp bg.However if u cant run amber its second best so what i would do is run serpent mundus with 1 spell damage enchant 1 reduce cost 1 mag reg.The reason behind this is reduce cost enchants are less efficient if u run sets that reduce cost since the % from gear detracts from the already reduced base cost from the enchant.Also ull get mag reg +stam reg to make up for the lack of amber while having almost same costs with sligthly worse regens.Should work good but wont be as optimal.
    Now for cp pvp where alte/shackle is the best (imo) id use 2 spell damage 1 reduce cost with thief mundus
    Finally if ure breton u dont have to run any reduce cost with alteration mastery and can replace them with spell damage.Frankly I dont get why ppl play breton istead of altmer for sorc but whatever! Hope this helped
    EDIT: My personal opinion is that in any sorc build streak cost must be 2.8 or lower so i always build around that
    Not sure I would recommend 2 reduce cost enchants, cost reduction stacking was messed with this patch. After testing: 1st enchant gives 176 reduction (which is the same as the old formula that only gave 87% of the stated cost reduction), 2nd gives 130 reduction, and 3rd only gives 87 reduction.

After the first one, you're better off using regen glyphs if you're light armor. The exception to this is bolt escape, where the cost reduction glyphs also reduce the amount of the stacking cost increase portion; meaning that you save progressively more on each successive cast.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on May 28, 2017 8:11PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Irylia wrote: »
    Time your burst on a msorc. Every sorc has a unique pattern and ward re up effectiveness. Bait them to be more aggressive and use a db ini combo when they are unaware. I've never had an issue with sorcS. Those are my most enjoyable duels.
    Sustain and damage are perfect. No cp I'm running serpent and drop inner light for degen. Boundless dark deal back. Still one shot people.

I´m talking about those that stop being agressive when they realize they won´t win the fight and resort to jumping and only casting shields.

I could break those without pirate last patch. I can´t this one.

This is partially why I hardly ever play msorc anymore, as a stambuild/stamblade I can almost always time my burst to kill even the biggest shieldstackdefencesorcs. But msorc dmg burst is so easily predictable that even the newest of pvpers can foresee it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    "This is partially why I hardly ever play msorc anymore, as a stambuild/stamblade I can almost always time my burst to kill even the biggest shieldstackdefencesorcs. But msorc dmg burst is so easily predictable that even the newest of pvpers can foresee it."

this depends on the skill of the sorc.
    the combo most sorcs use who refuse to try new combos is ( as im sure you know) curse/fury/frag or crushing/ frag or crushing. while weaving light attacks.
    yes thats very predictable.
    however there are many more combos that work that people do not expect. and a good sorc will rotate different combos against a good opponent.
    against a pug he can just keep doing the standard rotation until something sticks

Edited by Barbaran on May 28, 2017 9:43PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    "This is partially why I hardly ever play msorc anymore, as a stambuild/stamblade I can almost always time my burst to kill even the biggest shieldstackdefencesorcs. But msorc dmg burst is so easily predictable that even the newest of pvpers can foresee it."

the combo most sorcs use who refuse to try new combos is ( as im sure you know) curse/fury/frag or crushing/ frag or crushing. while weaving light attacks.
    however there are many more combos that work that people do not expect. and a good sorc will rotate different combos against a good opponent.
    against a pug he can just keep doing the standard rotation until something sticks

The problem is this patch there are no combos that break full defense shieldstacking for sorcs on other sorcs.
    I use only hardened and even curse wrath meteor frags pulse barely scratches me.

Everything that involves curse is telegraphed and easy to avoid.
    Everything that does not involve curse is not enough dmg.

The only "burst" that actually kills fairly reliable is ironically fiery reach knockback into soulassault because that somehow bugs out breakfree and barswapping.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Barbaran wrote: »

The problem is this patch there are no combos that break full defense shieldstacking for sorcs on other sorcs.
    I use only hardened and even curse wrath meteor frags pulse barely scratches me.

Everything that involves curse is telegraphed and easy to avoid.
    Everything that does not involve curse is not enough dmg.

The only "burst" that actually kills fairly reliable is ironically fiery reach knockback into soulassault because that somehow bugs out breakfree and barswapping.

I'm actually glad to see another sorc understanding why using 1 shield is beneficial and adds to the 'not broken' Msorc gameplay.

Shieldstacking has been the problem since the beginning imo, and I main a Msorc since beta.

*buff Hardened Ward by a bit, disallow Hardened Ward and Harness/Dampen to stack
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell