The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

About Bound Armor/Aegis/Armaments

Benemime
Benemime
✭✭✭✭
We still can mistakenly remove the buff, i don't know why they didn't give the same treatment as Daedric Summoning pets, that can only be removed by switching them off from the character menu buff section...that seemed to work on console at least, because when we use super, sometimes the Armor can get down, and that can be somewhat problematic on boss fight for example, when we are focusing our attention on everything else that is going on...

This problem persists without a proper fix since the launch of the game by the way...

Side note: I guess me and others players would like to have this skill working as a Summoning Ability so it can be benefited from Daedric Summoning passive, "Expert Summoner", maybe by changing its name to "Summon Bound Armor", that would fit.
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be too powerful to allow it to use the expert summoner passive. Especially since it's not a pet. A big boost to magicka AND health would be pretty big. I think it is pretty weird though that summoned armor gives pretty pathetic protection so I'd be into tweaking the ability. I too have accidentally turned off my armor during the worst possible times and think that it would be awesome if despawning it worked like pets. I feel like a lot of people are just going to say "tighten up that rotation bro" or the ever popular "Get gud" in all it's poorly spelled and infinitely annoying glory.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound armor need an active ability, like pets, when you click on it, cuz it's very weak atm.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Bound armor need an active ability, like pets, when you click on it, cuz it's very weak atm.

Like a damage shield?

Seriously though, it does need something. Its just not on par with the mag boost you get from a pet (with necropotence) when you also take into the pets normal and special attacks.
    For PvP, I can't justify taking up 2 slots (3 if using overload) just for some passive buffs.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, Aegis is underwhelming. So annoying that magblades get the same buff for just slotting a siphoning skill.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be awesome to make it do something. I dunno what but it'd be cool!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be awesome to make it do something. I dunno what but it'd be cool!

Summoned axes like the mage in AA,lol
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound Aegis active ability: Activating this skill again causes your bound armor to explode, dealing X magic damage within a 6 meter radius around you. (+8% Magicka for slotting the skill, doesn't matter if it's on or not) After exploding, you need to reapply the armor for the defensive buffs.
    Edited by dpencil1 on May 20, 2017 4:35PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No place for bound aegis on a mag sorc bar right now.

Not bothered by it, never liked the skill anyway.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Benemime I'm sorry to say deactivating Bound Armor is more of a personal issue than a mechanical issue... there isn't really any difference between accidently deactivating Bound Armor and accidently using any other skill than the one you intended to. Pets/summons, like you said can't be unsummoned that same way due to active abilities being added.

That's not to say improving Bound Armor isn't a great idea! It's a very bland, boring skill right now... and frankly sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of the Daedric Summoning tree. I mean, the stamina morph is a fine option for stamina sorcs (albeit one of the only options for +% stamina) but the generic +slight armor/spell resist is very dull. Apart from the +magicka, it really doesn't do anything related to the rest of the skilltree.

I mean, consider Daedric Summoning:
    - A DPS or Tanking based combat pet
    - A pet-empowering damage skill
    - A "DPS" or Healing based combat pet (Tormentor sucks so it's really just Matriach or bust)
    - A damage-blocking shield for the user AND all their pets
    - A temporary and stationary DPS based combat pet Ultimate

Then you have Bound Armor: the only benefit it provides to someone actually using the rest of the skill-line is... +% max magicka as a passive, which is what pets scale with. It's not bad, but it's not amazing either... it's just sort of there and doesn't do anything else. It's just really boring. All of it's bonuses could be part of Sorceror passives and you wouldn't notice the difference.

An active ability of some kind (like the summons received) would do wonders: I am personally bias of course, but while it could be any kind of active I'd really like if it interacted with the rest of the skill line it's part of... that is, being combat pet related in some way. Whether it summons something, makes pet CC immune, makes pets apply debuffs for a period etc, so long as it is somehow related to combat pets... because come on, it is part of the Daedric Summoning skill line... it should be related SOMEHOW.

But again, literally any kind of beneficial active would at least make this skill less boring. Right now you just activate it every time you change zones then forget it for hours at a time.
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Benemime I'm sorry to say deactivating Bound Armor is more of a personal issue than a mechanical issue... there isn't really any difference between accidently deactivating Bound Armor and accidently using any other skill than the one you intended to.

I play on console, so when we use Ult we have to press LB+RB (on xbox, and L1+R1 on ps4) both at the same time, synced. So you might trigger the skills slotted there if the sync is not perfect when pressing those buttons (LB+RB), it happens!