The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recommendation for Name Change Token

MNsnowtaTy
MNsnowtaTy
✭✭✭
It would be nice if before purchasing the name change token you could verify if the name already existed.

Basically you'd test the name out and if available you could select a character and apply the change and then you'd be charged the crowns.
Edited by MNsnowtaTy on May 19, 2017 2:43PM

Recommendation for Name Change Token 22 votes

Name Available And Accepted Then Charged Crowns
90%
EZBakedMuffinTurelusLadyAstrumDanikatzippo_taylorb16_ESOAlienSlofmitebaArcVelarianTheShadowScoutEasily_LostallthatsleftO_LYKOSSovjetAthymhormiaemilyhyoyeonGT409SydneyGreyMNsnowtaTyPwoovsar 20 votes
Fine The Way It Is
4%
Voxicity 1 vote
Other (suggestion)
4%
Cillion3117 1 vote
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would actually be a nice option.

If you could enter a name change screen and if you find a new name you like, you then click a button which takes the Crowns from your account.

In fact it would be nice if all customisations worked this way. That or the option to refund name change icons if not used (consumption on completion of changes).

I guess the only work around right now is to go make a new character to check, which isn't possible with a full account.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it is nice that the token is not used until the new name is accepted, you still have to buy it first.

I honestly think they might get more sales if they sold the token on acceptance of the name change. More people would be encourage to try to change their name this way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the whole system is kinda clumsy in the first place. Why do we have to buy a token in the in-game crown store, then switch to the character selection screen to spend the token...

I mean, I get why we have to make those alterations in the character selection screen, since the game appearently is not set up to change character info while the character is loaded into the game world... makes sense, you also don't change your cars tires while driving it after all.

But why do the tokens have to be purchased in game? Why not just charge the people their crowns from the edit screen? That way it all would be "pay on acceptance", and if you find your desired name is taken... you don't spend any crowns at all.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd appreciate a reduced cost considering the combined cost of race change and name change bundle.

But yes, I do agree with the point in question.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266