The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reducing Ult on a dk

FloppyTouch
FloppyTouch
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If I use gear on my dk that reduces the cost of ult do I get less resources back from battle roar passive?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. You get the same amount regardless.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 19, 2017 9:25AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tysm
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    What? You read patch notes? Standart of might nerfed from release 50%, any decrease cost. LOL
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LorDrek wrote: »
    What? You read patch notes? Standart of might nerfed from release 50%, any decrease cost. LOL

That is not what he asked, LOL yourself. You get the same amount of resources back now with or without ulti cost reduction, it will be the same after the patch, though the resources will be scaled to your level, instead of percentage based like right now.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how Morrowind changes will affect this, but it used to be (and could still be) that if you wore Salvation set (33% Werewolf reduction cost) and popped the WW ultimate, you'd get really high return on Battle Roar for 2/3 of the initial 300 cost (provided you actually wanted to change into a Werewolf).

If used properly it was a pivotal move in the midst of battle.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I use gear on my dk that reduces the cost of ult do I get less resources back from battle roar passive?

You should get the same res...

Theres' an interesting idea I had for a vamp stamDK sometime ago pairing Potentates with Witchman and Blood spawn... but grinding a DK again is something I don't want to do...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was messing around with a mdk tank and wanted to use potentates just was not sure is the 15% less ult would give me less return but ty for replying
    Edited by FloppyTouch on May 19, 2017 7:36PM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you get x resource pool per Ultimate points spent. Spending less Ultimate points means less resource return.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was messing around with a mdk tank and wanted to use potentates just was not sure is the 15% less ult would give me less return but ty for replying

Potentates is a 10% reduction

ADG is a 15% reduction

IMHO, Shalk is better option and can be paired with sun
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Yes, you get x resource pool per Ultimate points spent. Spending less Ultimate points means less resource return.

That is not how it works, you can test it yourself, battle roar always give the original amount for the ulti cost, regardless of the actual cost, so meteor at 200 cost will give the same as meteor at 170 with dragongaurd. Try it, that is the way works.
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭

That is not what he asked, LOL yourself. You get the same amount of resources back now with or without ulti cost reduction, it will be the same after the patch, though the resources will be scaled to your level, instead of percentage based like right now.

More often ulti more resource, easy.
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Again, not what he was asking about, easy yourself. He was asking about a specific thing and you have failed twice now to help explain it.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Again, not what he was asking about, easy yourself. He was asking about a specific thing and you have failed twice now to help explain it.

Yh pretty much just wanted to know if I reduce ult do I get less resources but I got my answer
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you don't. You literally never even read the battle roar passive to say this.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No you don't. You literally never even read the battle roar passive to say this.

i have literally tested this, you can do it for yourself, get an addon that tell you how much you get healed for, then use an ultimate, write down the number, then equip dragon guard, and then use an ulti, as long as your health is the same, you will get the same amount of health regardless, ezpz.

protip, never trust the tooltips in this game, always test it.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 22, 2017 2:51AM
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭

i have literally tested this, you can do it for yourself, get an addon that tell you how much you get healed for, then use an ultimate, write down the number, then equip dragon guard, and then use an ulti, as long as your health is the same, you will get the same amount of health regardless, ezpz.

You are right, if you use sets decreace cost ulti, mayby bug.
    Edited by LorDrek on May 22, 2017 5:06AM
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You dont need addon test, just read: battle roar-when you cast an ultimate ability, you restore health, mag, stam for each point of ultimates cost. Now test use standart 250 ulti, use leap 110 ulti. Standart more ulti more resource.

what are you talking about? Of course if you use two different ultimates, with two different costs, you will get different resources back, that is NOT what the op is asking about, the question posed is if you reduce the cost of the SAME ultimate, ie, wearing dragongaurd will take your standard from 250 to 213 ultimate point cost, will you get the same amount of resourses for the ultimate and the answer is yes, you will. Please read more carefully.