The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Improving Craftable Armor

Kaymorolis
Kaymorolis
✭✭✭
If I craft a low CP armor set for myself, can I improve it later to a higher CP rating, or do I have to craft a whole new set later? Assuming I've spend the skill points on the appropriate passives of course.

I'm only level 47 ATM, so I'm trying to plan for later. I've just been using whatever quest or loot drops I get for my gear.
PC | NA
CP: 240+
Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    1. You are first off all now really crafting armor sets, but more just following blueprints out there
    2. The crafted sets are nothing compared to drop / dungeon/arena runs - over and over again
    3. Lies from the beginning - that the crafted armor should be the best in the game
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, you cannot upgrade sets to higher CP level.

That being said, you can use dropped sets, or you can get away with using your crafted sets all the way to CP160 for most content.

You're going to miss some bonuses, but you'll save mats. If you do update your gear, you'll only need to do so maybe once, at CP80 or so, to get you the rest of the way.

Alternatively, if you have the mats (since each set uses it's own mat for a CP range), and you want to make new gear, make a new set only when the raw may changes over.

Once you hit CP160, there are only 3 mats you'll ever need.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS