The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Make All Skins Available Via the Crown Store

Palidon
Palidon
✭✭✭✭✭
As with a simular thread asking for Polymorphs make all the Skins in the game available via the Crown Store or in Crown Crates. Would be nice to have an option to just purchase them instead of farming for them. Having them in the Crown Store would not come under Pay to Win either.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. A skin, like a title or an achievement, is not only comestic. It is a way to show other people your accomplishments. They are pretty good looking indeed, but you will have to earn it. Pay to win is incorrect term to describe a bad system. People actually fear when someone sells accomplishments. It is not because it makes you better, it is because it makes you do better things.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »
    It is a way to show other people your accomplishments.
    A very questionable way to show everyone your accomplishments by wearing towel and looking like an "electric plum"... But agreed, some content must stay behind the achievement wall to amuse try harders make them more reasonable to get.

EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with this.

The game needs a nice balance of both, those people can buy and express themselves via customisation and those people can display as a statement of pride in their completion of content.

Right now the Crown Store has much more to offer than the games unlockable items so it's not like people are starved for choice.

I say this as someone who wants but will likely never get the skins and pets from many veteran dungeons/trials (I need to make friends again).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id hate this. As much as i want certain skins, it incentives me to do that content. Such as SOTH dungeons i wouldn't bother going back to otherwise.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anything introduce more skins, polymorphs, costumes & pets that are quest/achievement locked
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no dont include them in Crown Store, instead introduce new skins to crown store like they introduced Mindshriven back when IC launched.
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do that, but maybe just add some crown store exclusive skins for not too much. Nothing hugely fancy tho.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be against this....now.....I simply don´t care. You want the skin, fine. Here it is
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care - as long as those who pay instead of play for them, pay a LOT.

At least 5000 crowns if they shortcut an "high skill achievement" playin by paying. That was they finance more content for the rest of us all that sooner, and thus I would swallow my resentment over getting some skin, ploymorph, whatever without putting in the (sometimes) paniful playtime.

On that thought...

...what I would prefer to see way more then this would be crown store unlocks for dyes and guild features.

Some dyes are really, really hard to get gaming for, and yet look pretty nifty... I might be tempted to pay for a shortcut there myself (My goth librarian -really- wants legate black, but I suck at PvPness, so...)

And I would love to see a way to pay for a guild bank for small "circle of friends" guilds without having to conscript strangers...
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    As with a simular thread asking for Polymorphs make all the Skins in the game available via the Crown Store or in Crown Crates. Would be nice to have an option to just purchase them instead of farming for them. Having them in the Crown Store would not come under Pay to Win either.

There is only one skin that requires grinding btw. A big aspect of this game would die the day they do this.

Would you also like to purchase title in the CS as well (I guess the housing titles can be purchased)?
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you. Skins are earned and I'd like to earn mine. Putting them in the crown store removes their exclusivity.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266