The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will we finally get class change Tokens in Morrowind?

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think this would be easy money for ZOS. That are some classes that are just easier and more enjoyable to level than others. I would think people would be willing to pay for a class change token so they level using the easy mode classes and just pay for the change later
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will never allow a class change, because if they did, Tamrial would have a population of 85% Soccers and 15% roleplayers.
    I think you meant sorcerors, and no, this wouldn't happen. People have the option to make new sorcerors RIGHT NOW, and yet sorcerors still aren't 85% of the game. Nothing is stopping people from playing sorcerors if they wanted to.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are already 85% sorcs in the game, doesn't matter where exactly. Everywhere!
    I just want to change my damn mag templar for warden and not to lose all my world PvE progresss.
  • UberGameMasters
    UberGameMasters
    Soul Shriven
    ADarklore wrote: »
    They've said a long time ago they have absolutely no plans to add a Class change option. They have, however, added the option to buy two more character slots to create a NEW Warden.

Source? (i.e. Is there a link to this "They've said a long time ago...")
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to follow up from a previous post of mine to supplement my take on this. I stated that getting to level 50 could be done in 3 hours, but I left it on a flexible note by mentioning that even if it took a bit longer, it still wouldn't merit a class change token (in my opinion).

I created my Warden the day after Early Access. I'm currently working overtime at work, running two progression runs of vHoF and two casual trials runs per week, as well as leading a guild and helping people with their gear and rotation. It took me approximately 4 hours to get to level 50, which is longer than I estimated, but not by much. Part of the reason it took longer is because I didn't get a full carry through skyreach, me and my friend did part of our leveling together in Skyreach instead of a straight carry.

By the following Monday (6 days later), I had fully morphed/maxed skills and passives from all class skill lines, heavy armor, 1H&S, undaunted, racial, alchemy, Aggressive Horn and Efficient purge, Vigor. In this time I also farmed/crafted 3 full sets of gear. I went from ground zero to main trials tank in less than a week.

I don't think class change tokens are a necessary feature in ESO. I believe that class selection should be a meaningful and permanent choice. I won't be butthurt if ZOS decides to have them, and I'm sure they would make some decent money off of it. I'm not judging anyone who disagrees. I simply wanted to support my perspective here by backing it up with a real example.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm considering changing my oldest character which I now use for crafting into a Stamina class rather than Magicka so that I would actually play it more but if I had the option I'd more greatly prefer to change it from a Templar to a Sorcerer or Warden. Any chance were getting class change Tokens in Morrowind?

No.
  • Delegator
    Delegator
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the player hostility to the idea of a class change when so many would appreciate it. From my perspective with 9 maxed-level characters, I am letting my ESO+ subscription expire after 3 years because, while I would definitely like to play around with the Warden class, I am not interested in leveling up yet another character.

Before you trot out the usual pablum of "you can level to 50 in a day," let me call BS on that line of thought. You cannot get a decent riding speed and capacity in a day (all my characters have been leveled up to max riding skill in all areas with the exception of my most recent, who I am tediously leveling at 1 point per day after spending my last subscription's crowns on the character slot and some riding skill packs). You can't acquire skill points in a day either.

Going through the main story line...and the fighter's guild line...and the mages guild line...and then each dungeon...again...after doing it nine times...is just tedium in order to acquire skill points.

I would pay crowns for a class change just as I have for a race change. I wouldn't mind leveling skills in order to spend my acquired skill points. But as a long term PVP-focused player, leveling another character simply holds no appeal for me.