The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will we finally get class change Tokens in Morrowind?

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    Class change = lazy people

There's nothing lazy about not wanting to wait several months to relearn 9 trait crafting on a character.

Why would you need to relearn it ? It is still there on your old character (if you would start a new one). isn't that enough ?

You're missing the point of my post. I know that I can easily make a new character to play on a different class as I do it pretty often to run some PvP in Blackwater. My point is that I would like to actually play more on an older character that has everything unlocked and full crafting available but I don't enjoy the class any more.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason this won't ever happen is the game would quickly become Flavor of the Month Online.

Everyone and their brother would be jumping to the best class each patch leaving zero diversity.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing lazy about not wanting to wait several months to relearn 9 trait crafting on a character.

Why would you need to relearn it ? It is still there on your old character (if you would start a new one). isn't that enough ?

You're missing the point of my post. I know that I can easily make a new character to play on a different class as I do it pretty often to run some PvP in Blackwater. My point is that I would like to actually play more on an older character that has everything unlocked and full crafting available but I don't enjoy the class any more.

But your talking about for a class you never played and content you never played either.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But your talking about for a class you never played and content you never played either.

What are you talking about?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That don't even make sense why change the class then I sure wouldn't change mine or it's race and if it's your only character then just make a new one
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personaly i don't want to run all Cadwell's silver/gold again, so i want a new class, but don't want to play all quests content again (so as skyshards, books, worldbosses, delves, guild/craft skills, mount skills, etc). And Undaunted line takes forever to up.

So class change token would be very nice for explorer-type players, not those who just grind to 50 for no reason (or pvp).
    Edited by mocap on May 21, 2017 1:31PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Those uncomfortable playing a non-FOTM class should be forced to suffer through re-grinding.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see how one class changing is anyone's problem.
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    From the other games i've played, class change is a normal store item. Despite what people think it really doesn't become a FOTM in those games (At least the ones i've played*). No one switches back and forth that much nor do that many class change where it's an imbalance. I don't see how it would be bad if they implemented a class change, especially if they put restrictions on it like someone mentioned: Can only be used once a month or several months.

Yes leveling in this game is fairly easy. So having many characters isn't that hard. However since things like achievements, research traits, etc aren't account wide you would have to do them again on that new character. If they changed that, then I would see the reason of not having a class change token.

Though I can see neither side is going to compromise in this thread. You're either for or against it.

I personally see nothing wrong with the idea. Especially if you have a job or kids and are willing to fork out the cash because you simply don't have the time to do it all again.
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Those uncomfortable playing a non-FOTM class should be forced to suffer through re-grinding.

What FOTM everybody talking about? The game already overrun with sorcs. Class change for explorer players, who play this game mostly like a single player RPG.

And ZOS always can do a cool down for this change like 12 months or just one change per account.

p.s
    spellcrafting can solve this problem, but... yeah )
    Edited by mocap on May 21, 2017 2:02PM
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in other similar threads. I think it would be great if ESO had a class change feature. I'd be fine if ZOS charged crowns for it so they get some monetary compensation. Right now I have my main character (Karbal) that I've completed most of the game on (main story, Cadwell quests, DLC stories, collected all skyshards, max Undaunted, high Alliance rank, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, mount upgrades, inventory upgrades, etc.). I think creating another character and "power grinding" your way to max level just to enjoy another class is way too restrictive and time consuming...I've completed the entire story and while it was enjoyable I have no desire to play through it again. I've ventured down the "power grind" path with my crafter and frankly it's mind numbing and not very fun...generally just trying to speed through everything to get the achievements that I've already unlocked on my main.

A few things to consider regarding class change:
    1) FOTM builds:
    There are some who might argue that it would foster a community of FOTM builds, in which everyone shifts to the class and race combo that is considered the "most powerful" for that patch window. I don't think this applies to the casual player though. I'm more of a casual player and I login to ESO to have fun and don't really care about my leaderboard stats or if I'm dominating everyone in Cyrodiil. I just want to continue to use my main character but have some fun trying out a different class. If FOTM builds due to class change is really a concern there could be ways to address that (e.g. increasing the cost in the Crown Store and/or in game gold). Plus as another player mentioned, people who migrate to FOTM class/set combos likely already have a lot of characters alts they shift to every patch to remain in the power curve.
    2) Implementation:
    The question has arisen as to how class skill levels would be handled during a class change. One way to handle this would be to have a system that counts the number of skills you have maxed on your current class and allows you to max the same number on your new class (kinda like assigning a skill point, you would be able to pick the skills you wanted to max). This could be extended to encompass class skill ranks, skill morphs, etc. This is just a quick idea. My main point here is it's not an unsolvable problem.
    3). To those who say "NO!" because old MMO's haven't offered class change in the past:
    How would another player having the option to change their class negatively impact your ESO adventures? I don't see that it would. If you personally enjoy creating a new character from scratch and restarting with a new class, by all means have fun with it. Similarly, if another player has a favorite toon and would much rather change his class to try something new...then let that player have fun doing it. A class change option isn't going to wreck anyone's day, so it would really be cool if people would stop trying to push their outdated "this is the way MMO's have always done it" vision down everyone's throat. Life is about growth, positive change, and so on. As I hear from others, ESO isn't like other MMO's...and in many ways that's a good thing because it means ESO can unshackle itself from old MMO traditions that make a game less fun and more grindy.

In general, giving players more options and flexibility to enjoy ESO on their own terms is a VERY good thing. We as players should be wary of taking a stance towards other players of "I don't want you to have that option.", especially if having a certain option would appeal to a large number of players and doesn't impinge on our own ESO adventures.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Omnipresent
    Omnipresent
    ✭✭
    hellls Noo, itd be even more sorc
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    They've said a long time ago they have absolutely no plans to add a Class change option. They have, however, added the option to buy two more character slots to create a NEW Warden.

Long time ago they also said if you had ESO+ you would get access to all future DLC. How far did that get us? ;) Money is the only thing ZOS cares about atm, they will eventually add class change token.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've said a long time ago they have absolutely no plans to add a Class change option. They have, however, added the option to buy two more character slots to create a NEW Warden.

Long time ago they also said if you had ESO+ you would get access to all future DLC. How far did that get us? ;) Money is the only thing ZOS cares about atm, they will eventually add class change token.

I don't think the people who buy the physical edition feel they've received a DLC... and I don't know of any other 'DLCs' that you can buy a physical copy of. Just because PC and console players can DOWNLOAD the new 'chapter' doesn't equate it to 'DLC content'.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the people who buy the physical edition feel they've received a DLC... and I don't know of any other 'DLCs' that you can buy a physical copy of. Just because PC and console players can DOWNLOAD the new 'chapter' doesn't equate it to 'DLC content'.

Sheogorath would be most disappointed to hear you say that.

8374-the-elder-scrolls-iv-shivering-isles.png?t=1181659066

The fallout 3 DLC's were available on disc too FYI.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sheogorath would be most disappointed to hear you say that.

8374-the-elder-scrolls-iv-shivering-isles.png?t=1181659066

The fallout 3 DLC's were available on disc too FYI.

Oh I'm sorry, but we're talking about Elder Scrolls ONLINE... and ZOS... I don't care what 'other' games have done. People love to pick and choose what something means, especially when it suits their arguments. However, ZOS is free to pick and choose what a DLC means to them and what a Chapter means, and if players don't like it, I think Rich said it best when he said, "Nobody is forced to play ESO."
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    The answer is No.

For extremely personal reason I wish they would give everyone who purchases Morrowind a one-time one-way trip to Warden.

I would thoroughly enjoy the buckets and buckets of tears with people who change their mains to Wardens only to find they don't enjoy it with no way back.

When DCUO launched the Light power set they had no class change tokens. If you purchased the Power of the Light DLC you got a not time token to switch to light powers the token tooltip expressly explained if you change a pre-existing character you WILL NOT be able to change back.

The backlash over people who hated the power when it launched was extraordinary.

People cried, complained, bitched, moaned, and all together beat the developers to death until they put class change tokens in their in game store.

Ever since the forums ***, complain, cry, and otherwise bemoan how the developers are cash grabbing every time they release something new. It really is awesome ina trollish way but we all have a little Troll in us.

Thing is dcuo players aren't even trolling when they complain about this cause the devs have gone through several "balancing" and "power revamps" since this all started happening. The devs very much would make the newly revamped power or newly added power way op then hot fix it just in time for the next one....I played that game for 5 years I I witnessed it myself. I used earth powers for the majority of my time on dcuo only switching cause I wanted feats you could only get on a healer or controller class at the time (style feats that a lt one time only were available for that role) earth was a bottom tier dps power and a second rate tank after they revamped it it was the best dps power in the game and among the best in tank. Here's how you know it was way over buffed before the revamp less than 1% of the population were earth I think it was like maybe 1000 people total and the ones at end game were maybe 100 maybe. After revamp it was the most popular power in the game.

They definitely played the power respec game over there selling 10 dollar la every month or every other month. I don't want that to happen to this game so I vote no on class respec as much as I'd rather reroll my templar tank a dragon knight tank at this point
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sn1per0 wrote: »
    Ill give it a .01% chance of happening at anytime.

Sorry but you will need to reroll a new char.

This is probably true because horrible class imbalances would cause a strange balance of classes in the game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    It takes 3 full hours to level from 1-50 in Skyreach.

It takes at most 3 days to have a character from level 1 to FULL undaunted, mages guild, fighters guild, and any necessary pvp skills, all passives, etc. Basically 3 days of giving an honest effort to level your toon and it will be ready to run vet trials, assuming you have the gear.

I don't see a real need for class change tokens personally.

1 - 50 in three hours, yeah ok

3 days to max out a toon, only if you have no job, no significant other, no kids, and no other hobbies or life.

Yeah, no.

For mages guild alone there should be class change tokens.

Oh wow 50 hours to enjoy brand new content! How dreadful the journey must be for you!

Why do you even game if you do not like the journey? Sounds like you be better off with an entirely different hobby.

Oh wow someone who can judge others your revelations and wisdom are shocking your insight not so much.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys who want class change:
    - wise opinion, long description, arguments and facts

guys who don't want class change:
    - HELL NO, JUST NO, PLS NO
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I think Rich said it best when he said, "Nobody is forced to play ESO."
    Sounds legit. Source?

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »

No need to be advocate of any side to friendly remind everyone that ZOS already answered this with firm "no". This whole discussion is futile.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rather have alliance change token, so you can play your char from the class you want in PVP (with some kind of significant cooldown)
  • Sikthlight08xz
    I doubt they will ever mplement class tokens as the time it takes to relevel a char adds to the game's lifetime. Ultimately More time=More Money. Sinetunes i feel as if the reason they sometimes make radical changes to skills is to keep people occupied with respecing.

Wish eso was more like previous games, a classless system.. And yes this can be balanced via a limited constraint system, be that skillpoints or some kind of near-end-game specializations.
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they should add a class change token. It should cost 5,000 crowns and can only be used once per month per account.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krileon wrote: »
    Yes, they should add a class change token. It should cost 5,000 crowns and can only be used once per month per account.

5000 crowns isn't that much you would still have people changing for the fotm , if it is implemented then needs to be higher and you have to re learn all the class skills every one skill will transfer over

But I still pray and hope this doesn't happen , there really is no need for it
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall all the squawking when ZOS changed the order of a couple skills and players were complaining about having to re-level a single skill.

To be fair, that "squawking" was about a mandatory change that no one had really asked for but every character in that class who wasn't max level had to deal with. A class change would be an entirely voluntary process, so they'd get what they asked for.

I'm on the fence about class change. I wouldn't use it myself, but I understand why other people want it. That said... I'm leery about what it will do to the game. We already have a lot of problems with people following the flavor-of-the-month builds. This would make it even easier--albeit expensive--for everyone to switch to whatever's hot at the moment and oversaturate the game with one build.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall all the squawking when ZOS changed the order of a couple skills and players were complaining about having to re-level a single skill.

To be fair, that "squawking" was about a mandatory change that no one had really asked for but every character in that class who wasn't max level had to deal with. A class change would be an entirely voluntary process, so they'd get what they asked for.

I'm on the fence about class change. I wouldn't use it myself, but I understand why other people want it. That said... I'm leery about what it will do to the game. We already have a lot of problems with people following the flavor-of-the-month builds. This would make it even easier--albeit expensive--for everyone to switch to whatever's hot at the moment and oversaturate the game with one build.

My point was... people complained because they had to spend an extra 30 minutes or less to re-level a skill even though the change was designed to help thousands of new players just entering the game; in other words, it demonstrated how much selfishness abounds and how little people care about other players, particularly new players... you know, the vet players who constantly complain about how new players don't know how to play the game.

I also don't agree that it would cause a FOTM, even though I don't see a problem with that... but I don't see players constantly switching and then having to spend hours re-leveling a new class. If they were willing to spend that time, then I don't see what players are complaining about... do the crime, do the time.

With that, I also believe that ZOS will, at some point, implement a "Jump to Level 50" token... making it easier for new players to begin earning CP. Personally I think it sucks that below level 50 your character cannot earn CP, and I think the higher the CP levels are increased by ZOS, the more they will need to implement this type of mechanic... I'd wager a guess that most new players don't agree that spending 12-20+ hours to reach level 50 before earning CP in order to start building towards max CP is "fair".
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My point was... people complained because they had to spend an extra 30 minutes or less to re-level a skill even though the change was designed to help thousands of new players just entering the game; in other words, it demonstrated how much selfishness abounds and how little people care about other players, particularly new players... you know, the vet players who constantly complain about how new players don't know how to play the game.

I also don't agree that it would cause a FOTM, even though I don't see a problem with that... but I don't see players constantly switching and then having to spend hours re-leveling a new class. If they were willing to spend that time, then I don't see what players are complaining about... do the crime, do the time.

With that, I also believe that ZOS will, at some point, implement a "Jump to Level 50" token... making it easier for new players to begin earning CP. Personally I think it sucks that below level 50 your character cannot earn CP, and I think the higher the CP levels are increased by ZOS, the more they will need to implement this type of mechanic... I'd wager a guess that most new players don't agree that spending 12-20+ hours to reach level 50 before earning CP in order to start building towards max CP is "fair".

Hmmm not a new player but I'm levelling up a toon on another server and I have no issues that I wasn't earning cp until level 50
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    mocap wrote: »

No need to be advocate of any side to friendly remind everyone that ZOS already answered this with firm "no". This whole discussion is futile.
    ZOS said no to race change dozens of times before adding it.
    I'm almost sure they will add it soon, it's just a matter of time.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer