The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will we finally get class change Tokens in Morrowind?

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm considering changing my oldest character which I now use for crafting into a Stamina class rather than Magicka so that I would actually play it more but if I had the option I'd more greatly prefer to change it from a Templar to a Sorcerer or Warden. Any chance were getting class change Tokens in Morrowind?
  • Sn1per0
    Sn1per0
    ✭✭✭
    Ill give it a .01% chance of happening at anytime.

Sorry but you will need to reroll a new char.
  • MrBeatDown_
    MrBeatDown_
    ✭✭✭
    The best option at this point would be to make all achievements and alliance rank Shared across the account. That way people wont have as much of a problem rerolling a new character and losing all the progress on there "Main" character. I would happily reroll a new class since DK is such a POS and its only getting worst for them.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've said a long time ago they have absolutely no plans to add a Class change option. They have, however, added the option to buy two more character slots to create a NEW Warden.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    They've said a long time ago they have absolutely no plans to add a Class change option. They have, however, added the option to buy two more character slots to create a NEW Warden.

Yeah but you always have to go from lvl 1-49, unlock zones and wayshrines, etc with each new character. Class change token would be nice option to offer players.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but you always have to go from lvl 1-49, unlock zones and wayshrines, etc with each new character. Class change token would be nice option to offer players.

Your comment about new charactersdoesn't make sense... because you'd be doing a CLASS change on an existing (already leveled) character... so you'd have a max level character with zero leveled class skills on the new class... which means they'd have to re-level all their class skills all over again. Which would be fine, but I wonder how many players would find that acceptable? I recall all the squawking when ZOS changed the order of a couple skills and players were complaining about having to re-level a single skill. Plus, I think ZOS makes a LOT more money off new characters than they ever would with Class changes... because on every character people normally increase inventory, mount skills, etc.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your comment about new charactersdoesn't make sense... because you'd be doing a CLASS change on an existing (already leveled) character... so you'd have a max level character with zero leveled class skills on the new class... which means they'd have to re-level all their class skills all over again. Which would be fine, but I wonder how many players would find that acceptable? I recall all the squawking when ZOS changed the order of a couple skills and players were complaining about having to re-level a single skill. Plus, I think ZOS makes a LOT more money off new characters than they ever would with Class changes... because on every character people normally increase inventory, mount skills, etc.

I don't know how it doesn't make sense. You'd already be leveled, have skill points refunded to you and you can open the class skill lines right off the bat and level them. You won't have to level weapon skill lines again for example or any of the passives. Just the class specific skill lines. You don't have to do everything else a new character requires.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game gives you 8 character slots. Far more than the average MMO.

Leveling is fairly quick, and there's nearly four times as much content than what you actually need to reach the cap.

ZOS wants you to make new characters, rather than immediately jump to endgame.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given how many quests there are, achievements, character locked motifs, character locked research, etc.. I really really wish they'd add a class change token. I really don't understand why they haven't done it yet. Give it a price of 6000 crowns and lock it to 1 use per character per month. Tada. Money maker. Seeing how much garbage I have to do again.. for the umpteenth time.. really makes me NOT want to play a warden.
    Edited by Krileon on May 17, 2017 3:31AM
  • Alease
    Alease
    Soul Shriven
    Giving you the ability to change your class is not a good idea. There are way to many downsides for it like having to be 50 with zero leveled skills. With all training gear and your knowledge, you can easy level a new character to max in hours. What they could do is just make a lot more things account bound like mount progression, waypoints/map, motifs and other things to that extent. It would make way more since for them to do things like that.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they mentioned it would be too complicated to implement. So I wouldn't hold my breath any time soon.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

Leveling is fairly quick, and there's nearly four times as much content than what you actually need to reach the cap.

TBH, EVE Online was the only game I played with less than six or eight.

To answer your question not with Morrowind, from what the Devs have said not ever. We will see how long that one holds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class change = lazy people
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

To answer your question not with Morrowind, from what the Devs have said not ever. We will see how long that one holds.

Iirc SWToR gives you two per server if you don't own at least a preferred costumer status.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blizzard gives 12. Per server. Account max 50.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is No.

For extremely personal reason I wish they would give everyone who purchases Morrowind a one-time one-way trip to Warden.

I would thoroughly enjoy the buckets and buckets of tears with people who change their mains to Wardens only to find they don't enjoy it with no way back.

When DCUO launched the Light power set they had no class change tokens. If you purchased the Power of the Light DLC you got a not time token to switch to light powers the token tooltip expressly explained if you change a pre-existing character you WILL NOT be able to change back.

The backlash over people who hated the power when it launched was extraordinary.

People cried, complained, bitched, moaned, and all together beat the developers to death until they put class change tokens in their in game store.

Ever since the forums ***, complain, cry, and otherwise bemoan how the developers are cash grabbing every time they release something new. It really is awesome ina trollish way but we all have a little Troll in us.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They will never allow a class change, because if they did, Tamrial would have a population of 85% Soccers and 15% roleplayers.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes 3 full hours to level from 1-50 in Skyreach.

It takes at most 3 days to have a character from level 1 to FULL undaunted, mages guild, fighters guild, and any necessary pvp skills, all passives, etc. Basically 3 days of giving an honest effort to level your toon and it will be ready to run vet trials, assuming you have the gear.

I don't see a real need for class change tokens personally.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The obvious solution would be to just make all that dumb grindy crap like wayshrines, map pins, skyshards, achievements, etc all account based.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm considering changing my oldest character which I now use for crafting into a Stamina class rather than Magicka so that I would actually play it more but if I had the option I'd more greatly prefer to change it from a Templar to a Sorcerer or Warden. Any chance were getting class change Tokens in Morrowind?

I am so sick of these threads all these entitled kids think they need a class token for crying outloud play the morrowind content you lazy children. And stop posting this in pts.

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif
    Edited by DragonBound on May 17, 2017 2:33PM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    The answer is No.

For extremely personal reason I wish they would give everyone who purchases Morrowind a one-time one-way trip to Warden.

I would thoroughly enjoy the buckets and buckets of tears with people who change their mains to Wardens only to find they don't enjoy it with no way back.

When DCUO launched the Light power set they had no class change tokens. If you purchased the Power of the Light DLC you got a not time token to switch to light powers the token tooltip expressly explained if you change a pre-existing character you WILL NOT be able to change back.

The backlash over people who hated the power when it launched was extraordinary.

People cried, complained, bitched, moaned, and all together beat the developers to death until they put class change tokens in their in game store.

Ever since the forums ***, complain, cry, and otherwise bemoan how the developers are cash grabbing every time they release something new. It really is awesome ina trollish way but we all have a little Troll in us.

Yep this does indeed happen, dcuo was one of the worst.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Iirc SWToR gives you two per server if you don't own at least a preferred costumer status.
    Which wasn't the standard on release, it was the "hey let's take things away until people are annoyed enough to pay" F2P conversion.
    The exact business model ZOS should never follow.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God another class change thread ! Zos if you can't ban cheaters at least ban people who start these threads
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

It takes at most 3 days to have a character from level 1 to FULL undaunted, mages guild, fighters guild, and any necessary pvp skills, all passives, etc. Basically 3 days of giving an honest effort to level your toon and it will be ready to run vet trials, assuming you have the gear.

1 - 50 in three hours, yeah ok

3 days to max out a toon, only if you have no job, no significant other, no kids, and no other hobbies or life.

Yeah, no.

For mages guild alone there should be class change tokens.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 days to max out a toon, only if you have no job, no significant other, no kids, and no other hobbies or life.

Yeah, no.

I guess you haven't done a skyreach grind then? Use Ambrosia and go with a friend in all training gear (one ambrosia is good for 2-3 runs depending on who you take with you). It takes 3 hours.

Dungeon slayer achievements award massive progression towards Undaunted. If you aren't trying to get hardmodes, speed runs, no-death challenges, and slayers while doing your dungeons, then you're going a LOT slower than is possible. There is no need to bull *** here, as achievements have always been the quickest path to max Undaunted.

3 days to fully max out your toon even if you just play a couple hours each night. Even if it takes you a week I don't think it's a sign that class change tokens are necessary. I got all of my undaunted and mages guild in just a few hours total, and I have a full time job AND run a guild with multiple progression and casual runs every week. I also spend on average 5-10 hours every week helping people with their rotation and farming for gear. If I can do it, so can you.

I'm sure you will disagree still, forever and always, but you're the one missing out if so. Take this info any try it for yourself, and then maybe you will have an easier time leveling your toons quickly. You may choose to quote me again and refute, but it is still my opinion that there is no need for class change tokens currently.
    Edited by Autolycus on May 17, 2017 6:47PM
  • Roovin
    Roovin
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth would ZOS let you change a level 50 character to their new warden class on day 1?

Ridiculous to even think they would consider it
  • Roovin
    Roovin
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, no.

My with xp pots, training hear and someone who knows what they are doing, you can easily hit 50 in even less time then 3 hours grinding skyreach. My guildmates have done it alot. You can't solo do that, you need someone to power level you.

And if you skip all the dialogue, you can easily hit 50 in a few days.

None of that is hard
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, no.

Oh wow 50 hours to enjoy brand new content! How dreadful the journey must be for you!

Why do you even game if you do not like the journey? Sounds like you be better off with an entirely different hobby.
    Edited by DragonBound on May 17, 2017 6:29PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class change or do away with riding lessons.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing lazy about not wanting to wait several months to relearn 9 trait crafting on a character.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing lazy about not wanting to wait several months to relearn 9 trait crafting on a character.

Why would you need to relearn it ? It is still there on your old character (if you would start a new one). isn't that enough ?