Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Apartment House - Cannot Leave Home - Stuck Loading Screen - The Ebony Flask Inn Ebonheart

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Not able to exit The Ebony Flask Inn by the front door. Can warp out. Can leave if playing on a super gaming computer. Cannot exit if on a lesser computer. The zone goes into a hotel that has no population other than a few npc's. There should not be a problem. Considered maybe having items to close to the door might foul a zoning. But the zoning executes to the art screen just fine. If it was furniture blockage then I would think it would not even let me enter the load screen. No furniture touches the door. There is a clothes-line close to it. Have had the furniture in this position for a while now. I have had no problem in the past zoning via the front door even tho clothes-line close (not on) door. Like I said, if using a super computer I can zone using the front door. But it makes no sense that a slower pc could not handle leaving The Ebony Flask Inn. There is nothing complex being loaded on the other side of that door. I have no problem loading any zones in the game even on high pop yet I cannot leave my apartment. I have no problem running dolmens on this old pc yet I cannot leave a quiet villa? Very confused about this. I have and use addons. They do not interfere with my leaving other housing in the game so not going to bother taking them out to test if it is addons. They are for the UI and should have no effect on this.

My old computer's specs:
dxdiag.png
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jemcrystal :

Microsoft recommends 8 GB as the minimum amount of system memory for a 64-bit computer to run Windows, which is twice what the Dell Inspiron has. Also, apparently 2048 MB of the system memory ("shared memory") is used by the NVidia GeForce GTX 750 TI graphics display card. Running the 32-bit game client instead of exo64.exe won't resolve that issue, insofar as the system will simply store 32-bits of data in each 64-bit memory module instead of using its entire capacity.

Whether you can increase the amount of memory, and whether it is worth the cost, depends upon the particulars of the computer. Unless you have the technical knowledge necessary to do that, you should ask about it at a computer repair shop.

Regardless, using the Launcher's Game Options menu to Repair Files can resolve issues that you might have with corruption of the game installation, which is most likely to occur when the game client crashes. (It can also happen if the storage media is getting old or something is wrong with the disk drive controller. ..... )

If using Repair Files (and/or increasing the amount of system memory on the Inspiron) doesn't resolve the issue that you described, then please use the SUPPORT hyperlink in the banner of this forum page to search the Knowledge Base for information, and/or to send an e-mail to the Customer Support staff. You should also post your OP as a message in the Customer Support section of this forum, according to the platform and megaserver on which you play the game.

That said, in my experience, the Homestead Update has so many bugs that it can be next to impossible to ascertain which problems originate with the game software and which might be caused by performance issues, i.e., by the hardware, the ISP, the Internet (or the bandwidth), and/or the Bethesda network. Nonetheless, the issue that you describe probably isn't a software bug, since the issue would probably occur while you play the game on the super gaming-computer, too, if it were.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi