The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESO Wiki now on HTTPS - SETS Revamped View Poll

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    @Fexelea ...you are my absolute hero!!!

I so wanna give you a big hug :p

can't tell you how many times a week, every single week, I use this tool...thank you very much...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    Oh, also noted that several DLC armor sets are not under their respective Light/Medium/Heavy sections. I'll start on adding them in. (Later tomorrow)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on May 15, 2017 9:01AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    howdy @Fexelea ...i hope your week is starting off well :)

i'm sure you're probably real busy, but, if you ever get the chance: seeing how well you know all the sets - just wondering the type of character(s) you play and what sets do you wear...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 15, 2017 6:49PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this since it's been a while and wondering if people have any further feedback :)
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    Oh, 'Slimecraw' and 'Strength of the Automaton' have unfinished pages, and therefor have blank/minimized popups on the main page.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Like it, but how about something else... (pls add suggestion in thread reply)
    I would really really like to be able to filter the sets whether they are BoE or BoP. This way I could know what sets are reachable through guild traders.

For example, some of the older wikis, FAQs etc showed Willpower set to be BoP. I had no idea it was BoE until I stumbled on one when browsing a trading kiosk.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    I'll check what's happening to automaton, it's possibly a link to the wrong page heh.

About the bind on equip... I'm not sure anyone makes their set decisions based on that, but we can make a list :)
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    Best site for looking up gear. This in combination with Itemization Browser = Awesomeness.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Kitiarah
    Kitiarah
    Love it
    I love your site. It is my go-to site anytime I need info on the game above all the others. Your hard work is very much appreciated <3
    Video games foster the mindset that allows creativity to grow. (Nolan Bushnell)

XBOX NA GT - BACONBITS1990

Belayna, Breton/Vampire Resto Templar
    Sir Lachlin, Breton/Vampire Resto Templar
    Kitanya, Nord StamDK
    Jurard, Imperial StamDK Tank
    Gavihn, High Elf Pet Sorc
    Deonna, Kahjitt StamNB
    Say-No-To-Lizard-Handbags, Argonian Warden Tank
    Nyneave Valinesti, High Elf Warden Healer

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks great!

I think that the tabs should have two rows, maybe: 1 for the DLC it was added, and 1 for the type?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    It looks great! Bro I absolutely love that site. I used it atleast once a day. It's so helpful with things like sets, quests, etc. I literally have it pinned to my internet home cuz I use it so much.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    @AdamBourke can you explain what you mean? All tabs say it the armour is medium light or heavy.

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    Thank you very much for doing this.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • theflawlessteabagger
    You forgot in the poll a "who cares "button
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fexelea wrote: »
    @AdamBourke can you explain what you mean? All tabs say it the armour is medium light or heavy.

I mean something like this:
    4vifyu.png

So you click first on one of the expansions (or ALL), and then choose whether you want light/medium/heavy/etc. It's be a lot more work - but it would be cool :-P

Also it might just be me, but currently when you press "all", somethign weird happens to the morrowind button - i think you have the icon as it's own button on that page.

Anyway, i'm in the middle of the forgotten wastes, so i'd better get on with that!
    PS4 - EU

• Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    @AdamBourke I fixed the issue, someone edited the page and broke it yesterday, thanks for the heads up!

Regarding your suggestion, I think it may just create a bit more pageloads than it's worth, and if I include scripts to allow for "show/hide" then mobile devices will be unhappy due to resource usage.

Morrowind aside, which does not have this because there's a total of 1 dropped light set, the other DLCs have clear delineations of what armor is heavy/medium/light

Examples:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Shadows+of+the+Hist+Sets
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Orsinium+Sets

Perhaps we can instead improve the tables on Morrowind to have a clear and easy "this is light armor" marker similarly to how we do with the base "all" listing.

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    I actully kinda like it.
    Edited by Dr.NRG on June 27, 2017 4:55AM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fexelea Yeah - I didn't look at all the tabs, I didn't realise they were separated nicely like that in the other ones! :-)
    PS4 - EU

• Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    Thank you for this. Has made it SO much easier reviewing which sets in game.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    altemriel wrote: »
    thank you for this web page, it helped me many times!! ♥♥

Yea this. This post cannot be said enough times, thank you for keeping the site up to date. It is very helpful!
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I clicked "like it", but really I was looking for a "love it, but here's a suggestion" :)

I don't run my browser in full screen, so sets I hover over near the bottom tend to chop the 5-piece text off. It's easy enough to scroll down a bit and do it again, but (as a suggestion) what might be helpful is if you take the header block off entirely. Basically the black block that includes the set title plus "lvl 50 champion 160".

IMO the title is unnecessary (you are after all hovering over the set title) and the lvl 50 cp160 stuff can be included as a note at the top of the screen (maybe right above the "all ESO sets in alphabetical order") for those who don't already know you are showing stats for max level stuff.

PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    That's an interesting idea, I'll have to rethink how the tooltips are generated though so it may take a while to see if it is feasible

• Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    Way too much small text to look through, the old style was great to look through at a glance, i could press ctrl+f type in part of the name and it would scroll the table to the set i wanted and i could see there and then the map when i needed to check the location, now it's multiple clicks and squinty eyed searching through almost indecipherable text, i guess i'l just have to download the maps and print them out and not bother going back now.

Scrub that, i was thinking this was replacing the Set Location pages, my bad, sorry.
    Edited by Belidos on June 27, 2017 3:38PM
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    For mobile users, the tables took too long to load due to the icons, and looked odd.

No they didn't, at least they were great on my phone.
    Mouseovers do not trigger on mobile at all, so we are providing simply a list of all the sets to click for perusal for them.

Mouse overs suck, it's a clunky and resource hungry way of giving info.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    @Belidos

I can see from pagespeed data that mobile was suffering from having a table as the "landing page" for sets. I honestly want everyone to have a good browsing experience :)

It's ok that you don't like mouseovers, the page is meant to be gateway information.

The tables as you know them are still there for each category listed at the top. Previously, the most recent category showed in the "landing page", now it shows you all the sets and you can opt to just look at a category table by clicking any of the provided links :)

• Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    I can see from pagespeed data that mobile was suffering from having a table as the "landing page" for sets. I honestly want everyone to have a good browsing experience :)

I was just going by my experiences with it, it seemed to run fine (faster than most wikis i use) for me on both my iphone and my android phone.
    The tables as you know them are still there for each category listed at the top. Previously, the most recent category showed in the "landing page", now it shows you all the sets and you can opt to just look at a category table by clicking any of the provided links :)

Yeah i realized that after posting, that's why i edited my previous post, i thought you meant the set locations page.
    Edited by Belidos on June 28, 2017 10:27AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Love it
    I revamped the sets page on the ESO wiki at Fextralife. I'm looking for some feedback :)

The updates include:

1. Alphabetical "All" layout, without images, as the default landing page
    2. Easy view of what sets are L/M/H, Crafted or DLC via icons
    3. Tooltips (Mouseovers) for preview of page contents >>> BETA. Please disable Adblock as it messes it up.
    4. Set Categories at the top have been refined for easier access
    5. Overall faster loading on mobile & desktop (no images means no waiting time for default page)

eso-sets-revamp.jpg

The previous view is still available under the individual categories (ie. Morrowind Sets).

Please let me know how you like it! If you hate it or dislike it, please also let me know why so I can work on it!

@Fexelea you are our hero!!!
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Updating that the "all" tab now has the Horns of the Reach sets - sorry it took so long to get them in there :)

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it just one change: light, heavy and medium should include the dlc drops, perhaps at the bottom.
    Crafted include all the dlc, makes sense even if you don't have it its easy to get some to craft for you.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Love it just one change: light, heavy and medium should include the dlc drops, perhaps at the bottom.
    Crafted include all the dlc, makes sense even if you don't have it its easy to get some to craft for you.

Some people ask to see only basegame gear, so we tried to separate them into different tables. Crafted DLC gear can be bought from a fellow player, but a dungeon drop is not available for trade outside of the group, so the division there is for that reason.

I could make yet another tab but it feels it's becoming too many xD