The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Morrowind Sap Tank

• aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Engine is random resources unfortuntealy, you don't know what you'll get.

Swarm mothers was my tanking set, for the mob management, and getting them in to the dps's pools of stuff on the ground, not sure where that will go.

I don't think siphoning is as broken as a health based dk tank with igneous and bone wall, that's near enough unkillable. I have one, they are just mega boring to play.

NB needs a complete overhaul now tbh, siphoning allowed them to tank most things easily if the player put in a lot of work learning the class. With its removal life will be a lot tougher and there is already too much work in playing a nb tank properly given its lack of group utility. DK are way stronger and way easier. (I loved lotros warden gambit system) There are huge gaps where skills could be tweaked for pve tanking to bring them in line with dk/warden. Most morphs have one used and one ignored.
    Edited by aeowulf on May 14, 2017 2:10AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are so many ways NB can be reworked it's not even funny.

Changing the Fear Rune morph into being a Charm effect so that enemies go towards the NB would be interesting. Not so much a taunt but just a way for NB to gather enemies together. Would make NB tanking more feasible without jumping thru hoops.

Rework Shades to offer more useful effects overall as well as a Damage increase. Minor Fracture/Breech, Major Maim, or even a Silence effect on targets could make it a very interesting tool and infinitely more useful for NB in general than a painfully weak DoT that provides a redundant debuff.

Reaper's Mark should provide Minor (Or even Major) Vulnerability. It's 100% useless to get Major Berserk AFTER killing your target unless there's multiple targets and even then it's not for a very long time. I'd much rather have a means of making this skill useful by providing it with an actual benefit over what it currently has.

Path should have a synergy to improve the damage/heal of the skill. Nothing wrong with making the game have more synergies, especially when sets like Moondancer and Alkosh are so commonplace nowadays not to mention that it would be more beneficial to the group as now there's more damage/healing from the path.

Blur should be able to apply to multiple allies. For those that say that it would invalidate the Gossamer set, that's a crap excuse as there are other sets that do similar functions to class abilities but not as effectively. Swarm Mother is a prime example of this as it imitates DK chains but is nowhere near as a effective as chains. This would be no different.

I'm up for a complete reworking of Agony and it's morphs. I would love if, instead of a long duration stun that breaks when you so much as look at your enemy, it became a cloak of damage around the NB that would provide an AoE minor Life Steal effect. Morphs could be to include a Minor Stamina steal effect or increase the radius/damage of the cloak. It would fit into the Siphoning nature of NBs, would give a great group sustain tool in both health and stamina and it would give NB more AoE/DoT damage.

Debilitate to Stamina morph with Disease Damage for the love of god. I've said this so many times I should just make it my signature so I don't have to type it anymore.

Consuming Darkness and it's morphs need an improved radius, even if it means uping the cost a little. Next, the synergy needs to be reworked so that it is actually useful because the invisibility benefit is useless in PvE and the heal threshold is so bad that you'll likely die before it can do anything. Just make the heal component natural to the skill so that standing in it grants a nice HoT and make the Synergy grant Minor or Major Protection for the player.

You hear me ZOS.
    I fixed NB for you.
    I expect my 1st check in the mail by Friday.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on May 15, 2017 6:13AM
    Argonian forever
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I NB tanked for a little, liked SAPping throught hordes of enemies.

I think if ZOS would change one of Silver Leash morphs to be universal pull attack (like it used to be) it would open up a lot of build diversity for tanking on other classes.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I NB tanked for a little, liked SAPping throught hordes of enemies.

I think if ZOS would change one of Silver Leash morphs to be universal pull attack (like it used to be) it would open up a lot of build diversity for tanking on other classes.
    Fully agreed. Other classes need access to a pull ability. Swarm mother is just too clunky.

• actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swarm mother was a good idea basicly.
    I have tanked everything except vmol hm on all four classes and currently working on a pretty long feedbackpost to show how they could be improved without making them a copy of dk`s.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Swarm mother was a good idea basicly.
    I have tanked everything except vmol hm on all four classes and currently working on a pretty long feedbackpost to show how they could be improved without making them a copy of dk`s.

i look forward to that
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    is vengeance of the leech set going to be any good.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, tanks don't get the killing blow on much.
  • SEQU3L
    SEQU3L
    Wahoozie

I like the build and i really wanna go for it.

Would it work in pvp to?

Or would you chance some thinks around like gear?

Have you testet it out yet?

Thanks

SEQU3L

Fear is a lie.
  • SEQU3L
    SEQU3L
    And yeah what about using the new set war maiden?
    Fear is a lie.
  • SEQU3L
    SEQU3L
    What about using 5x rattlecage + 5x war maiden?
    Fear is a lie.