The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Let this thread die

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Let this thread die
Edited by React on October 10, 2018 2:38PM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well bow is now totaly riped
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just PvP. Being able to hold the charge was extremely useful in PvE as well, particularly in Maelstrom and DSA.

No one is going to be heavy weaving on the bow bar.

This is the kind of change that leads to the "do they even play the game?" questions.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the shout out Liam! And yes this is a TERRIBLE change!

From the patch notes: Bow
    Heavy Attacks now automatically fire when they are fully charged.

Developer Comment:
    Fully-charged Heavy Attacks will be more important with the resource changes coming in this update, so we want to make sure there are no gameplay barriers to using them.

I have allot of trouble seeing how this change does anything but ADD BARIERS to using a UNIQUELY FUNCTIONING HEAVY ATTACK. zeni max seems determined to water down all playstyles to be the same.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree one of my favorite things about the bow was being able to hold it and wait. I will say heavy weaving with a bow is difficult, but only because i almost never do it. I played around with it in anticipation of the sorrorwind update, and it wasnt fun, but its truly unnecessary.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that this is the first elder scrolls game to do this to bows...
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Developer Comment:
    Fully-charged Heavy Attacks will be more important with the resource changes coming in this update, so we want to make sure there are no gameplay barriers to using them.

I have allot of trouble seeing how this change does anything but ADD BARIERS to using a UNIQUELY FUNCTIONING HEAVY ATTACK. zeni max seems determined to water down all playstyles to be the same.

All because of the new battlegrounds maybe?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, i vaguely remeber someone asking for this change in the first patch notes thread.... so thank that person.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad because one of my favorite things about Bow was being able to HOLD it until an enemy got right up to me and shooting them in the face... now I will no longer have any control over my own combat timing.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i totally agree. Not allowing to hold your bow you are eliminating many other options to game play.

A good example that i would like to show and i personally like to use is that i hold my bow against cloaked nb's until the person came out of cloak and then release my shot. What if the person stays hidden longer than what i am allowed to charge? what if it fires during the wrong time and i am stuck during the release animation phase? that would be counter intuitive. So so bad for fast paced game play.
    Edited by Kalante on May 8, 2017 8:29PM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Horrible change and completely unneeded. I seriously doubt anyone would view the need to release a mousebutton as a "gameplay barrier"...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • D0ntevenL1ft
      D0ntevenL1ft
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I honestly hate this change, charging a heavy immediately followed by a poison injection into crit rush was at least one way to take a sorcs shields down.

Sorc buff or everyone else nerf? JK keep it off sorcs; this still needs to be reverted.
    • Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Developer Comment:

I also have a terrible time seeing it from a real life application too. Bow hunters boast how accurate they can be with how long they can hold the how's draw. Some people can hold abow string pull for 2 minutes before firing off an accurate shot.

Edit:
      Source = https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/how-long-can-you-honestly-hold-your-bow-back-and-still-shoot-accurately.34465/
      Edited by Minno on May 8, 2017 8:06PM
      Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Toggle would be the best way to go about this. It is a choice of the player.

It makes me sad that the Devs themselves need to be told this stuff.
    • React
      React
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Also to touch on what SEEMS to be the dev reasoning for this. In PVE since heavy weaving will be required, they think this will make it easier to heavy weave. HOWEVER. Anyone using bow in PvE is also using Dual wield, as their main source of damage. It is infinitely easier to weave a heavy DW attack, as well as more time and cost effective. NO ONE WEAVES HEAVY BOW ATTACKS.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. You devs are actually making fools of yourselves with this change, as this CLEARLY shows that you do not have enough experience with the game to UNDERSTAND stamina DPS in PvE and the general applications for bow heavy attacks in both PvE and PvP.
      Edited by React on May 8, 2017 8:13PM
      Content
      Twitch.tv/reactfaster
      Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    • SodanTok
      SodanTok
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Liam12548 wrote: »
      Also to touch on what SEEMS to be the dev reasoning for this. In PVE since heavy weaving will be required, they think this will make it easier to heavy weave. HOWEVER. Anyone using bow in PvE is also using Dual wield, as their main source of damage. It is infinitely easier to weave a heavy DW attack, as well as more time and cost effective. NO ONE WEAVES HEAVY BOW ATTACKS.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. You devs are actually making fools of yourselves with this change, as this CLEARLY shows that you do not have enough experience with the game to UNDERSTAND stamina DPS in PvE and the general applications for bow heavy attacks.

People using bow as main CANT WEAVE DW ATTACKS so they WEAVE HEAVY BOW ATTACKS. Seriously people stop using BS excuses for your lack of knowledge. Or complain about ZoS "not enough experience" when you are obviously the one lacking.
      Edited by SodanTok on May 8, 2017 8:14PM
    • JackDaniell
      JackDaniell
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Minno wrote: »

Developer Comment:

I also have a terrible time seeing it from a real life application too. Bow hunters boast how accurate they can be with how long they can hold the how's draw. Some people can hold abow string pull for 2 minutes before firing off an accurate shot.

Edit:
      Source = https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/how-long-can-you-honestly-hold-your-bow-back-and-still-shoot-accurately.34465/

(From google)How to fire a bow:

1. Stance. Stance prior to shooting the bow: Stand upright with feet shoulder width apart, and feet at 90 degrees to the target.
      2. Grip. ...
      3. Place The Arrow On The Bow. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

Notice step 5. DRAW coming in before aiming and release.

https://youtu.be/wESnn1ox85U

In this instructional video on firing an arrow the instructor STRESSES THE IMPORTANCE OF DRAWING YOUR SHOT AND SETTING IT BEFORE RELEASING THE ARROW.

ZENIMAX MY IMMERSION. ZENIMAX MY UNIQUE GAMEPLAY.

seriously though, only a tard would fire arrows like they are proposing.
      Edited by JackDaniell on May 8, 2017 8:21PM
      Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
    • React
      React
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      People using bow as main CANT WEAVE DW ATTACKS so they WEAVE HEAVY BOW ATTACKS. Seriously people stop using BS excuses for your lack of knowledge. Or complain about ZoS "not enough experience" when you are obviously the one lacking.

I'm a little confused about what you're saying? Are you suggesting that stamina DPS players in PvE use bow as a main weapon? Because if so, that is blatantly false. There are but a handful of builds that almost NO ONE uses that use bow/bow, and in terms of parsing & single target any stamina dps is going to use bow/dw. Thus, they will heavy attack on the DW bar because it is more fluid (Regardless of whether or not bow heavies could be held), procs their main hand enchant, etc. In PVP, the use for bow heavy attacks is to set up burst on a target, and resource return from a distance. Making them fire as soon as charged will destroy ALL of these applications and create no new ones.
      Edited by React on May 8, 2017 8:24PM
      Content
      Twitch.tv/reactfaster
      Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    • Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Developer Comment:

Edit:

1. Stance. Stance prior to shooting the bow: Stand upright with feet shoulder width apart, and feet at 90 degrees to the target.
      2. Grip. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

In this instructional video on firing an arrow the instructor STRESSES THE IMPORTANCE OF DRAWING YOUR SHOT AND SETTING IT BEFORE RELEASING THE ARROW.

Yup!

Want your mind blown? Check out this video for a counter to the stationary archery:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    • Tholian1
      Tholian1
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Developer Comment:

Edit:

2. Grip. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

Yup!

Want your mind blown? Check out this video for a counter to the stationary archery:

Looks like a great real world example of in game bow light attacks.
      PS4 Pro NA
    • Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tholian1 wrote: »

Developer Comment:

Edit:

2. Grip. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

Yup!

Looks like a great real world example of in game bow light attacks.

Yup!
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    • Sugaroverdose
      Sugaroverdose
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Any vids about holding fireball on the edge of inferno staff?
    • Minno
      Minno
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

No but all ranged weapon attacks should be this way.
      - Guild-lead for MV
      - Filthy Casual
    • diktorius85
      diktorius85
      Soul Shriven
      I kinda like the change, but i'd prefer toggle
    • Strider_Roshin
      Strider_Roshin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah this change harms way more yeah it benefits. The better route would be to make the option a toggle in your gameplay settings.
    • jakeedmundson
      jakeedmundson
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Developer Comment:

Edit:

2. Grip. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

I know this is just a joke... but people want to talk about immersion and making it seem realistic or ruining some random niche build...it's insane... get over it. This style fits with every other weapon in the game now.

To prove your immersion concept doesn't fit...

first - Go out and find a bow... not a compound bow... find a recurve bow or a long bow... 50lb draw weight is pretty average for an adult. I use a 55lb when i target shoot (i have a friend that hunts with a 70lb draw and he's a monster)

second - do a full draw all the way to anchor... if you're even able to

third - attempt to HOLD that draw while you aim at something indefinitely....just like you are wanting to do in this game.

come back and let me know how long you could hold it... here's a hint, it won't be very long. Most people only hold it for a couple seconds. (compound bows like the one in the video... are MUCH easier to hold - we dont' have those in ESO)

Sorry, did that ruin your "immersion"?
      CP690
      Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
      Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
      Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
      Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
      Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
      PS4 - DC
      vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
    • MADshadowman_
      MADshadowman_
      ✭✭✭
      Zenimax, stop this nonsense. I beg you, pleeeaaase.

Why do you guys ignore player feedback and instead add stuff no one wants?

This patch is full of things no one has ever asked for. Stop wasting development time with useless crap like this, you got bugs to fix. Get on it, for god's sake, GET. ON. IT.
    • MADshadowman_
      MADshadowman_
      ✭✭✭

Developer Comment:

Edit:

2. Grip. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

I know this is just a joke... but people want to talk about immersion and making it seem realistic or ruining some random niche build...it's insane... get over it. This style fits with every other weapon in the game now.

first - Go out and find a bow... not a compound bow... find a recurve bow or a long bow... 50lb draw weight is pretty average for an adult. I use a 55lb when i target shoot (i have a friend that hunts with a 70lb draw and he's a monster)

third - attempt to HOLD that draw while you aim at something indefinitely....just like you are wanting to do in this game.

come back and let me know how long you could hold it... here's a hint, it won't be very long. Most people only hold it for a couple seconds. (compound bows like the one in the video... are MUCH easier to hold - we dont' have those in ESO)

Go out and find a fire staff.

Oh, did I just prove your whole argument invalid?

Keep walking, pal.
    • Sugaroverdose
      Sugaroverdose
      ✭✭✭✭✭

No but all ranged weapon attacks should be this way.
      That's would be pretty OP for fHA gankdk

• jakeedmundson
      jakeedmundson
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Developer Comment:

Edit:

2. Grip. ...
      4. Finger Position. ...
      5. Draw. ...
      6. Aiming. ...
      7. Release.

Go out and find a fire staff.

Oh, did I just prove your whole argument invalid?

Keep walking, pal.

umm... no? that's literally what i brought up in the first sentence of my post... that this isn't real.
      nice try though.

If you were paying attention... i was responding to people posting real videos of people using a bow.
      Edited by jakeedmundson on May 8, 2017 8:46PM
      CP690
      Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
      Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
      Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
      Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
      Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
      PS4 - DC
      vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
    • Xvorg
      Xvorg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Is there any player who doesn't feel that with MW ZoS has gone too far touching certain area of his body not to be named and shamed?
      Edited by Xvorg on May 8, 2017 8:47PM
      Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
      In the wrong house
      With the wrong ascendancy
      I took the wrong road
      That led to the wrong tendencies
      I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
      For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
      On the wrong day of the wrong week
      Used the wrong method with the wrong technique