Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Still no ETA for housing item limits?

xmaveri
xmaveri
✭✭✭
Like the thousands of others im so disappointed in how empty my house looks with the item cap :/ my strident Springs is looking so sad with 4 unfinished projects only half way completed because I've used up my 600 item limit. (I feel for you non ESO+ members) can someone tell me why their js to be a cap on the first place? Others on here are asking for a couple hundred more spaces but I expect it to be at least 2-3000 item spaces for these large homes. If we pay what it costs to get an entire brand new video game for a house, I expect to have enough content to keep me busy and content. I'm just afraid they are going to put limit increases behind paywalls.
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    #IncreaseHouseItemLimit

Pliz
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread on this problem. And another thumb up from me! Make our dreams come true! Just! DO IT!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest doubling it for everyone. So for example for Hunding's Palatial Hall would become 600 slots for non-subbers and 1200 for subbers. And anything extra would be like bag/bank space : for gold (would have to be expensive and create another gold sink I guess) or for crowns. I'm aware that they need to make money, but as it is now it's just ridiculous. Subbers complain that even 600 isn't enough, so even if you increased the non-sub limit to 600, it would still be an incentive to sub/buy more slots.
    PC/EU DC
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I need more items in my Daggerfall Overlook. Half of the rooms look empty.
    One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
    Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed! I don't have any of the manors or any of the large homes (well, I have Tel Galen now), but I can't imagine trying to make them look nice and lived in and decorated with only 600 slots (isn't it 700 for the manors/notables?). And that's with ESO+. I can't imagine trying to decorate one of them with only 300 slots.

My largest home that I have decorated myself is a medium home (Velothi Reverie). It's not completely finished yet, but I'm well above the non-ESO+ limit. Thank god I don't really care about gardening, as that would easily put me over the limit just with the outdoors, and the inside still needs various decorative items to make it more lived in.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Strident Springs at 580/600 pieces. I reeeeally hope they give us some more space. Have they said they would raise it or do we hope falsely?
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've said on other threads for this subject, don't expect anything until the Patch we get when the next DLC drops in August.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. My Strident Springs is at cap and I have 2 areas still to complete which at this point are pretty much empty and useless.

Yet they continue to release more and more housing items. And they expect us to put them where...?
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same, I have the cavern and half way through decorating it I'm at my limit. The cavern is twice the size of daggerfall manor and can store the exact same amount of items?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmaveri wrote: »
    Like the thousands of others im so disappointed in how empty my house looks with the item cap :/ my strident Springs is looking so sad with 4 unfinished projects only half way completed because I've used up my 600 item limit. (I feel for you non ESO+ members) can someone tell me why their js to be a cap on the first place? Others on here are asking for a couple hundred more spaces but I expect it to be at least 2-3000 item spaces for these large homes. If we pay what it costs to get an entire brand new video game for a house, I expect to have enough content to keep me busy and content. I'm just afraid they are going to put limit increases behind paywalls.

Re: the bolded

It has to do with performance. They had stated prior to homestead that things were set low so they could monitor performance.

I can see it in action in my Amaya Lake Lodge property where I have a lot of trees and things very close to where you load into the property. It takes several seconds for all the items to load in.

Because they are all individual items that we as players can manipulate them, those items don't get to use the same kind of graphical sorcery that the devs can use to make static items on the landscape load in instantly.

Personally I would be ok with even longer pop-in times in my house, if I could get at least double the item slots - but its a balance they must find and making it take any longer is going to cause a bunch of complaints.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Needs to be severely increased. People don't care about an extra 10 seconds to loads their houses vs it being incomplete.

Those that do care about the extra time are using their house as a convenience item and, beyond crafting stations and whatever else they've got squirrelled away, aren't going to make use of the extra slots.

Also, you can only sell Crown furniture if people have enough space left in their houses to make use of it ;)
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet