The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardest class to pvp with?

DivyathFyr
DivyathFyr
✭✭
Lol just curious and for fun
What do you guys think is the hardest class to play and do well with in pvp?
Im thinking nb cause theyre so squishy ha.
If ur seen and dont react fast enough ur pretty much dead
Edited by DivyathFyr on April 29, 2017 1:14AM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all seem about the same, put on broom and bucket and follow crown.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've faced some amazing players with all classes.

I for one main as a Magplar and would fight the best nightblade I've ever faced versus the best sorcerer I've ever faced.

That said, I think each class does well to one class and does poorly towards another.
    It all depends on how your play style and the opponents.

My magplar can't run and hide like a nightblade.
    Or streak away like a sorc can. Nor can they constantly snare and cc you like a MDK can, but I can heal for dayssss.. Muahahaha

I'm going to have to select none. They all are terrible and are all great depending on you!

Edited by Eshelmen on April 29, 2017 1:24AM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Crafter....I just can't seem to kill anyone.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world is hard to say: it depends on many factors and the player.

Imo stam dk is top for open world in terms of survivability and still killing ppl.

Worst open world well I guess it depends on a number of things but a caught mag nb or mag sorc are trapped.
    Mag temp and mag dk can mist form and tank damage then nuke with ulti.
    Mag sorc and mag nb are usually in light and with staffs (good small scale but get 5 ppl on them using talons etc they're toast.)

Stam builds can LoS etc.
    Stamblade is squishiest usually in medium but is very good in the right hands.
    Stam temp is tanky like a dk and sorc has mobility and tankyish in heavy. Most stam builds have mobility.

Edit: by tanky I mean can take and soak up damage then still have the capability of nuking down ppl.

Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on April 29, 2017 1:36AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to PVPing effectively is spamming Mutagen on as many people as possible.

So let's break it down by class.

First up, Nightblades.
    • The "Refreshing Shadows" passive gives you 15% more Magic recovery.
    • "Magicka Flood" gives 8% more Magicka, but only if you have a Siphoning ability slotted. Agony would be a great choice here (either morph, doesn't matter).
    • Load up the rest of your bar with Drain Power, Siphoning Strikes, Funnel Health, and Soul Shred. Note: never actually use any of these, remember: you're just slotting them for the 15% extra Mutagen healing from the "Soul Siphoner" passive.
    Next up, Dragon Knights
    • Slotting Inferno gives Mutagen heals more chance to Crit
    • Even though you have to stop spamming Mutagen every 30 seconds to waste a global cooldown casting Molten Weapons... trust me, it's worth it.
    Ah yes, Sorcerers...
    • The Capacitor, Expert Mage, and Unholy Knowledge passives and casting Power Surge every 33 seconds makes Mutagen spamming a breeze!
    • Best part: you can have 2 pets out at all times. That's zero downtime for 3 simultaneous Mutagen HOTs before you even find a zerg to surf!
    • The "Exploitation" Passive can increase Mutagen criticals. The only downside is you have to actually cast a Dark Magic ability. I wouldn't recommend it, but I guess if you're ever low on Magicka (for some reason) Dark Conversion would trigger this buff...
    Lastly, Templars
    • I feel a bit conflicted about this one. Templar has so many other good heals you'll be tempted to just ignore Mutagen altogether. Don't give in!
    • The "Illuminate" passive can increase your Mutagens by 5% for 20 seconds. This requires you to take time out your busy schedule to cast a Dawn's Wrath ability. Yes... I know... it's not ideal. However, I've found that Radiant Destruction's spell effect looks similar enough to the Mutagen beam that the enemy zerg might not be able to tell the difference until it's too late!
    • Just slot Repentance. Repentance is great! For now...

So yeah, to answer your question: for the reasons outlined above (and only these reasons) Dragon Knights are definitely the hardest class to PvP with. Avoid like the plague!
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on April 29, 2017 3:06AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely magicka NBs

No burst heal, very very poor defence, doesnt have the burst damage their stamina counterparts have, requires several buffs to constantly be up.

I think its the hardest class to play and takes the most skill, not saying theyre the worst.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think all classes can be useful as long as they're in the right hands really. A lot of people think that nightblades are the worst class in eso; but I guarantee that at least half of the people that say that are the ones who try to play nb's like dk's or something, it just doesn't work that way, nor is it supposed to.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on April 29, 2017 3:32AM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MisterBigglesworth

Please tell me that was satire. Because I honestly can't tell.

Cheers!
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    Nightblade are actually one of the better classes for Cyrodil. Just throw about 15-18 points in health and take the cloak morph that gives minor protection....They become ruthless
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KingYogi415
    I think my record speaks for itself :trollface:
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Templar

:trollface:
  • hassubhai
    hassubhai
    ✭✭✭
    The only answer is magblade
  • Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    Mageblade is meh open world even those who are good with the class struggle with it open world just because the lack of survivability and their cloak being bad

Stamblade still best open world class imho.