The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is decent DPS?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys just couple questions about my DPS characters....

My current Stamina Sorcerer is pulling 28k single target DPS wearing 5 Spriggans, 3 Agility, 2 Kraghs. I do not have trial gear would there be a better setup like maybe leviathan?

Also thinking of tokening my Stamina Redguard DK back to Dunmer Magicka DK and wearing 5 Spellweave, 3 Willpower, 2 Grothdar. What kind of DPS can I expect with that setup single target? Some advice could save me 3000 crowns. Thanks!
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    As long as your over 9000 ;)
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just pulled 30k dps on my Magicka dragon knight with above mentioned setup. Rotation is harder to maintain for Sure. Any suggestions? Man this board seems kinda dead.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the Vet Banished Cells II HM pledge earlier with a group. My dps was around 12k, and looking at FTC, I did slightly more than half the damage to the boss.

Oh, and I was the healer. So the two dps were getting about 6k dps each I'm guessing? I'm not sure how they were so low, since my only damage abilities were shards, ritual, ele blockade and heavy attacks. I feel like you can get like 15k if you just heavy attack over and over.

We finished the pledge with only a few deaths and no wipes. So that pledge can be done with about 24k total group dps. lol.

All seriousness. 20-25K single target seems to be a decent amount for most 4 man vet pledges. You can also complete vet trials with that, but don't expect a really high score.

On my Mag DK I get about 35k, Stam Sorc I get about 22k (was 35k before Homestead Patch)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a healer and tank, I want you to do 20k plus. If you can do that, consistently while not dieing to one shots, that is all I want. Dummy's are good for practice but you need to learn the dungeons and not die.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those numbers are perfectly fine for just about all 4-man content. If you plan on vet trials, you're on the right track with that magdk. In the long run, you'd shoot for 35k-40k selfbuffed on a skele.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭

You really don't need much dps in this game. One dot, one aoe, one spammable and heavy attacks with gold weapons and thats 20k right there. That's all anyone needs except for Vet Trials which like 0.01 percent of 8 million people do.

My suggestion is: enjoy the game. No one can see your dps, nobody will notice if you are average or awesome unless you spam a report after fights which I beg you never to do that.

What people will notice about game play:
    1. Repeated deaths
    2. Not understanding dungeon mechanics
    3. Cleaning out your inventory during a run
    4. Not having a food buff
    5. Going AFK
    6. Not rezzing other players
    7. Not having enough soul stones
    8. Being a jerk
    9. Criticizing other players
    10. Posting your DPS report in chat
    11. Begging for gear that dropped to someone else