The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I LOVE the New Island

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone explain me whats the point of this thread.
    I mean... There's nothing to discuss. I expected some screenshots showcasing OP's interior design skills or something like this, but whats so special about buying crown store item?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could really care a less about people how have money to purchase these expensive items and then come on here to tell everyone about it.
    Not pointed directly at the OP I do not know him/her or what they may contribute to humanity but, People die of hunger everyday, Kids go without and are abused everyday...the list goes on and on.
    If more people would start looking around at what a mess this world is in and give a little back instead of saying look what new shinny thing I got we might all be better off in the long run.
    Someone else can say this very same thing to YOU next time you spend money in a way they think is stupid ... like buying online games and paying for internet ... and I know for a fact you've done both of those things. It isn't appropriate to come here and preach, and try to shame people for spending their own money. It's not your business what they spend their money on.
    I'm not buying this island, personally, because it's too expensive for me, but I'm not going to jump on here to shame people who do buy it. If I had millions to spend, I'd buy this island AND give money to charity, both.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean... There's nothing to discuss. I expected some screenshots showcasing OP's interior design skills or something like this, but whats so special about buying crown store item?

Saying that they are happy with it and what they plan to do with it...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He is happy and celebrating!
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could really care a less about people how have money to purchase these expensive items and then come on here to tell everyone about it.

Not pointed directly at the OP I do not know him/her or what they may contribute to humanity but, People die of hunger everyday, Kids go without and are abused everyday...the list goes on and on.

If more people would start looking around at what a mess this world is in and give a little back instead of saying look what new shinny thing I got we might all be better off in the long run.

It's all well and good to be charitable, but that doesn't mean people can't have some fun in their lives. No one would be better off if there was no fun in life. Also, there are some 7 billion people on this planet, all with individual lives to lead within the scope of the circumstances they were born into. There is no way whatsoever that what any of us does in a video game matters either way in the grand scheme of things.

If every single person on the planet above the age of about 14 contributed, say, the equivalent of $10 to charity, that would be $70 billion. But spread over the many hundreds of thousands of charitable causes around the world. It would essentially be nearly meaningless. Our government alone has spent trillions upon trillions trying to stamp out poverty, drug abuse and other social ills, but those problems are still with us. The reasons are many, but lack of charity is not one of them.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He is happy and celebrating!

331834-sponge_bob-rainbow-wallpaper-660x330.jpg
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the item limit? I'd be tempted to buy it if the item limit was a bit higher than the manors, but if it's the same as the manors then I don' think I will cause it will look a bit empty
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    v27b.jpg

Boss The Dragon the Dragon the Dragon
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives us a break from rant threads? I like bitching as much as the next person, but it's nice to see someone happy with this, even if I think it's expensive.

PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darkestnght Just wondering, how much do you donate to charities from you pay cheque each month?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    What's the item limit? I'd be tempted to buy it if the item limit was a bit higher than the manors, but if it's the same as the manors then I don' think I will cause it will look a bit empty

@KaiVox22 I gotchu fam'.
    I7Lpt7b.jpg
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 27, 2017 4:50PM
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    I have to finish my day in the office before I can get it. Stupid career...

I feel you, man.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭

The money you spent on the base game could have fed a starving child in Africa for MONTHS.

@rotaugen454

The base game was a gift from a family member. So easy for you to make fun of something. You are part of the problem more than likely.

So you've spent zero money on entertainment? Otherwise it is simply a matter of scale and hypocritical to complain about how others spend THEIR money.

@rotaugen454

I do have to pay for an internet connection but that is about it other than my sub that I pay per month.So I should just apologize for my statement and keep my mouth shut. People can spend their money the way they want and have more than they need or will ever use. It's a free county. I have had "too much" money it the past and found myself giving to those in need. that is not the case now. I'm a single dad rasing to boys
    Turelus wrote: »

@Darkestnght Just wondering, how much do you donate to charities from you pay cheque each month?

@Turelus
    Nothing at this time.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPE825 wrote: »

I feel you, man.

@SPE825 You're buying the island also? Dude, I'm telling you. It's amazing. Ah-Mei-Zing. Lol. It's so spacious that it doesn't make any damn sense. I'd front another 2k crowns just for ZOS to allow buyers of this island to use their mounts to get around. It's that big. No exaggeration. :joy:
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭

Not @Darkestnght but approximately 40% of my gross income goes to taxes at the end of the year. I'd say that's more than enough charity from me.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

@KaiVox22 I gotchu fam'.
    I7Lpt7b.jpg

So it's the same. Hmm. I'll see if my inner yolo side shows itself over the weekend :D definitely looks really cool anyway!
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cancel your internet. It's taking food out of an orphans mouth.

Sell your cell phone too.

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you, man.

@SPE825 You're buying the island also? Dude, I'm telling you. It's amazing. Ah-Mei-Zing. Lol. It's so spacious that it doesn't make any damn sense. I'd front another 2k crowns just for ZOS to allow buyers of this island to use their mounts to get around. It's that big. No exaggeration. :joy:
    My mag sorcerer will have to use Streak, the other mag builds are out of luck.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you, man.

That's how I'm getting around currently. Should've been called "Streak Island". Lmao. :D
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, my resolve not to buy is weakening. Also, @Ch4mpTW - what's that skin you're using on your character?
    Edited by Jaeysa on April 27, 2017 4:58PM

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    People need to get a grip and not be so defensive.
    Blackshark wrote: »

Not @Darkestnght but approximately 40% of my gross income goes to taxes at the end of the year. I'd say that's more than enough charity from me.

@Blackshark
    Wow you are awesome!

Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Says the guy likely not on a public PC talking about a game. Listen I agree with your sentiment but don't blast people for how they choose to spend the spoils of their hardwork and effort. You don't know everyone's life
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on April 27, 2017 5:02PM
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Ugh, my resolve not to buy is weakening. Also, @Ch4mpTW - what's that skin you're using on your character?

@Jaeysa As I've told everyone who's asked me if it's worth it, yes. It's without a doubt worth it. Worth every single crown. I don't know if you've visited it, and had a walk around for yourself. But, for what you're getting it is insane. Even for the unfurnished version (I got that that option), you're getting something truly remarkable. Besides, that feeling of knowing that you literally show-up by boat and leave by boat feels so classy. Be like, "Gotta take a boat to get to my house." Lol.

As for the skin, it's Dro-m'Athra. The skin for beating VMoL. Matches my mount. :)
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭
    People need to get a grip and not be so defensive.
    Blackshark wrote: »

@Blackshark
    Wow you are awesome!

@Darkestnght Not sure if sarcastic but I was defending you by highlighting that some of us pay ridiculous amounts in taxes of which, theoretically, a not-inconsequential portion goes to those in need.

In reality? Ha.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jaeysa As I've told everyone who's asked me if it's worth it, yes. It's without a doubt worth it. Worth every single crown. I don't know if you've visited it, and had a walk around for yourself. But, for what you're getting it is insane. Even for the unfurnished version (I got that that option), you're getting something truly remarkable. Besides, that feeling of knowing that you literally show-up by boat and leave by boat feels so classy. Be like, "Gotta take a boat to get to my house." Lol.

As for the skin, it's Dro-m'Athra. The skin for beating VMoL. Matches my mount. :)

XD I probably will - just going to rant about the price. Because it's what nerds do. I've been looking for a good place to make my labrynth.

And thanks! I'm glad it's still achievable - it's pretty enough I might try and join a group working towards it.

• Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

@ N0TPLAYER2
    Thanks that is great advise
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you, man.

That's how I'm getting around currently. Should've been called "Streak Island". Lmao. :D

I'm tempted to make a video of my sorc with all their armor removed, moving around the island using Streak while that old 70s song "The Streak" plays, and put it on YouTube.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Logging out at my favourite Bar in Schornhelm is Housing enough for me :)
  • Blackshark
    Blackshark
    ✭✭✭

@Ch4mpTW Wait, you can only get to it via boat from Grahtwood? No way to fast travel?
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

@ N0TPLAYER2
    Thanks that is great advise

It's advice.