The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MNB Ganking

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So just curious why we don't get a stun from stealth like stam classes do if we use a staff.

Also using the staff I will get pulled out of stealth before my attack hits even if they dodge it. If I use a bow with a stam I don't get out of stealth until the attack hits. Can't I get a stun and not come out of stealth before the attacks even hit. That'd be great.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it has to do with staffs dealing magic based damage. The stealth stun/crit i believe has to be a physical damage type (poison/disease/physical).

I also think heavy attacks with staffs have undodgeable status effects or something along those lines, so if someone dodges the damage, they are still inflicted with something else possibly. Im just speculating.

It is also possibly the player you hit had radiant mage light, preventing the stun and dodged the attack with shuffle or something.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it has to do with staffs dealing magic based damage. The stealth stun/crit i believe has to be a physical damage type (poison/disease/physical).

I also think heavy attacks with staffs have undodgeable status effects or something along those lines, so if someone dodges the damage, they are still inflicted with something else possibly. Im just speculating.

It is also possibly the player you hit had radiant mage light, preventing the stun and dodged the attack with shuffle or something.

Thank you for at least some kinda answers. Even the target dummy pulls me out of stealth when the attack is about halfway. I have to cloak as soon as it leaves my hand. The magic damage stun isn't that big of a deal. But a snipe spammer can have 3 in the air while still in stealth and stun but I can't even heavy attack :( It sucks because the passives for stealth only work for things like concealed. I guess the damage from stealth is getting removed reguardless. Hope this build still works next patch( most likely will from what I've read)
  • randomguy
    randomguy
    ✭✭✭
    i havent had this issue on my MNB using stygian and CA. as far as I have experienced you can spam LA and HA into thin air without getting pulled from stealth, it is not until the damage lands that you are pulled out. I will have an enemy out of range and HA into the air and it wont pull me out of stealth
    anything over a 4 man is a zerg, anything over a duo is sweaty. true pvp is erp and telling ahtu to shut up
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    randomguy wrote: »
    i havent had this issue on my MNB using stygian and CA. as far as I have experienced you can spam LA and HA into thin air without getting pulled from stealth, it is not until the damage lands that you are pulled out. I will have an enemy out of range and HA into the air and it wont pull me out of stealth

It's doesn't happen if I wasn't going to hit them. If they are out of range I stay in stealth. But if I am going to connect to the target it pulls me out. I buff inner light hold heavy and about halfway to the target I have to spam invis.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

It's doesn't happen if I wasn't going to hit them. If they are out of range I stay in stealth. But if I am going to connect to the target it pulls me out. I buff inner light hold heavy and about halfway to the target I have to spam invis.

You have just enough time to finish a heavy attack in cloak. For magblade ganking you want to combine a heavy attack with a soul harvest or for tankier players heavy attack into flame clench and then soul harvest with impale to finish them.

You will get pulled out of stealth if your attack is going to hit someone wether you are invisible or just crouching. I don't know why staffs don't get a stun from stealth it would make magblade ganking a lot easier. Also heavy attacks just randomly miss your target for no reason
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer I don't get a stun from stealth...I'll explain why.

***NOTE*** this only applies when ganking more experienced players. Potatoes will die regardless.

When you gank someone on a stam toon, you have such a small window to kill people because as soon as they see they've been stunned from stealth they will immediately break free (giving cc immunity) and then most likely start dodge rolling while healing. Because they are cc immune, if you can't properly finish your combo/execute there is no other way to stop them from healing back up and dodging all your attacks.

Now, on a magicka gank build, it is the opposite. You can land an insane one, two combo from stealth and possibly take an enemy down to 10-20% health that will sill be vulnerable to a cc. If you do happen to get a cc off, it makes finishing them extremely easy.

My suggestion is get close to your target while charging a destro heavy. As soon as it gets let go, ani cancel another instant dps ability and/or into a CC -> execute and voila, he deaaaad.
    Edited by Moglijuana on May 3, 2017 7:33PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »

***NOTE*** this only applies when ganking more experienced players. Potatoes will die regardless.

When you gank someone on a stam toon, you have such a small window to kill people because as soon as they see they've been stunned from stealth they will immediately break free (giving cc immunity) and then most likely start dodge rolling while healing. Because they are cc immune, if you can't properly finish your combo/execute there is no other way to stop them from healing back up and dodging all your attacks.

Now, on a magicka gank build, it is the opposite. You can land an insane one, two combo from stealth and possibly take an enemy down to 10-20% health that will sill be vulnerable to a cc. If you do happen to get a cc off, it makes finishing them extremely easy.

My suggestion is get close to your target while charging a destro heavy. As soon as it gets let go, ani cancel another instant dps ability and/or into a CC -> execute and voila, he deaaaad.

Definitely good suggestions however I've ran my build for about 6 months. So I've got my combos down and know who I can bank with what combo so on and so forth. With the upcoming changes with crit damage from stealth they "left the stun". I don't get a stun so I just get the damage Nerf.

So I was hoping to get things even. But once again MMB gets the shaft.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have just enough time to finish a heavy attack in cloak. For magblade ganking you want to combine a heavy attack with a soul harvest or for tankier players heavy attack into flame clench and then soul harvest with impale to finish them.

You will get pulled out of stealth if your attack is going to hit someone wether you are invisible or just crouching. I don't know why staffs don't get a stun from stealth it would make magblade ganking a lot easier. Also heavy attacks just randomly miss your target for no reason

Why though. Stam NB can get 3-4 snipes in the air without breaking stealth but MNB can't even heavy attack.

The fact they "miss" is another issue

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289779/issue-destro-heavy-attack-targeting-misses-no-shuffle
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely good suggestions however I've ran my build for about 6 months. So I've got my combos down and know who I can bank with what combo so on and so forth. With the upcoming changes with crit damage from stealth they "left the stun". I don't get a stun so I just get the damage Nerf.

Yea the crit nerf does hurt a little bit =/...but with the new front loaded CP changes, you will technically still hit just as hard (actually a little harder iirc).
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea the crit nerf does hurt a little bit =/...but with the new front loaded CP changes, you will technically still hit just as hard (actually a little harder iirc).

If I go the traditional heavy attack build but I don't. Still MNB and still heavy attack. But run it a good bit different after adjusting patch to patch. I will see a large nerf on my already niche build
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    once morrowwind comes out there is literally no advantage going into stealth for a magblade. so as a magblade just run around spamming cloak and cloak heavy att combo or whatever. you already have the crit bonus and not stunning your enemy is sometimes good.
    PS4 NA DC