The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Two Houses I'd pay 20k Crowns for

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I suspect that price of the island is going to be more than I'm willing to pay for it, which got me to thinking: "What kind of house would I pay a ridiculous amount of crowns for?"

I can think of two:

- An Ayleid Ruin
- A Dwemer Ruin

I'm not sure which I would pick over the other, but they are my two favorite environments in the game.

Anyone else feel similarly?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a ship to live on. I'd pay a ton for that.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to have a penthouse on top of the Ghost Gate in Morrowind but it hasn't been built yet.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Even better, let me live on the ship in the harbor outside my castle in Daggerfall!
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭

Even better, let me live on the ship in the harbor outside my castle in Daggerfall!

Interestingly enough the lower portion of Daggerfall Overlook has a hatch that leads where? Directly into slaughterfish infested waters with nowhere to go but back inside. If I were to speculate why there was a pointless section of a home with water it would perhaps lead me to theorize that personal transportation via boats may eventually make an appearance into the game. It's literally the perfect place for a boat and the only thing you can do in it currently is die to slaughterfish or go back inside...has to be a reason for it if you ask me :wink: Though this is all speculation.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of saying, I would pay X amount of crowns. Let's just say, I would buy. Last thing we need is ZOS getting any ideas to sell overpriced stuff.
    Edited by TimidGazelle on April 27, 2017 4:59AM
  • theblackninja22
    theblackninja22
    Soul Shriven
    For additional crowns can we store stuff inside our house and not include it as a personal banker
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of saying, I would pay X amount of crowns. Let's just say, I would buy. Last thing we need is ZOS getting any ideas to sell overpriced stuff.

much too late
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a really awesome house, I'd love to buy something like the Ancestor Moth cavern in Skyrim where it was inside a hollowed out mountain with trees and waterfalls. Bugs were flying around and sunlight filtered in from the opening. That is something I would spend crowns on.
    Edited by Nordic_Pirate on April 27, 2017 10:37AM
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For additional crowns can we store stuff inside our house and not include it as a personal banker

This would be handy just for the sake of sorting and inventory management.

The same with mannequins.
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I kind of hope for this as well. You were able to do it in the Daggerfall game and use it for fast travel. :)
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a lighthouse, with like a huge hive below like in resident evil :D
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15k for the island, 18k furnished. Not too bad for the amount of space. Inventory management will get a boost with Morrowind if you are eso +, double bank space.

Edited to add
    You can put planks at the bottom of Daggerfall and use that space.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on April 28, 2017 9:44PM
  • Brazen_Blade
    Brazen_Blade
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a Dwemer skyship/blimp that hovers over Cyrodiil so I could watch the destro ult stacks bloom across the landscape.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ha, ha! I would love that Nord Mansion!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YES! I'd definitely buy this.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf 20k crowns for a virtual house that has no use, haha mate, hang yourself already.
    Edited by vMaick on May 2, 2017 5:48AM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pay real cash for a ESO house that gives you no in game functionality - not much chance of me doing that.

Buy every home you can with in game gold - working on it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh, the money doesn't bother me for a simple reason. I play eso exclusively so if I spend a couple hundred dollars a year it's no more than buying the amount of games I used to buy. While some people don't see any value in housing, which is perfectly fine, some of us do. Funationality as far as what? No storage? No but I have all the crafting stations in mine, I have duels in mine, I also have a place just to chill with friends that are instanced. Not to mention I have free travel to any areas in game that I have a house in, I can also use any of my guild memebers homes as free travel shrines.

On functionality arguments sake, our guild has the island, every attunable crafting station in the game is there. So when I need to do master writs or make armor for someone I only have to go to one place. No fighting through IC to finish a master writ, not zone travel all over tamriel to make sets. So while there isn't storage there is functionality, if you choose to see other ways of making it functional.

Not to mention some people have made very impressive homes, because they enjoy it.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my own Dark Brotherhood style Sanctuary... at least thats what I'm hoping for atm
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    Swifigames wrote: »

Interestingly enough the lower portion of Daggerfall Overlook has a hatch that leads where? Directly into slaughterfish infested waters with nowhere to go but back inside. If I were to speculate why there was a pointless section of a home with water it would perhaps lead me to theorize that personal transportation via boats may eventually make an appearance into the game. It's literally the perfect place for a boat and the only thing you can do in it currently is die to slaughterfish or go back inside...has to be a reason for it if you ask me :wink: Though this is all speculation.

Hmm is there room to build a little arena, that if you fall off you get nom nomed on slaughter fish? I started to build one on my island, but the invis wall kept getting in the way -.-
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we fix bugs and combat problems instead of more 20k houses?
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »

Everyone has different priorities for the game. For me, I'd like to see more attention to housing.
  • ZeroZero77
    ZeroZero77
    ✭✭✭
    Snow Island

Bit smaller than the actuall island.
    In the middle a Dead Vulcan with a hot well in it and green around, a tunnel to the outside, a small plateau at the tunnel entrance. And then a very small Harbour with a Ship.

Instead of many Houses or a big one only a Small House and some Caves
    Edited by ZeroZero77 on May 15, 2017 6:05PM
    Mein Eso Setup System I7-4790k Non OC, 16GB Ram , GTX 1060, 3 mal 1920x1080, SSD für OS + Anwendungen und Spiele, 16k Leitung nahe Köln
    Wieso kürzt der typische MMO Spieler eigentlich fast jedes Wort ab. Schreibt aber fast ein Buch wenn er eine einfache Frage hat ?
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massive imperial villa with gladiator school located in Gold Coast.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The building on High Hrotgar, and at least one Greybeard inside, often talking in dragon tongue, but mostly meditating.
    Edited by Dracindo on May 19, 2017 2:33PM
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight... From the title of this thread I take it you would be willing to pay about $176 for virtual space within a video game?...

:/

Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight... From the title of this thread I take it you would be willing to pay about $176 for virtual space within a video game?...

No, but I'd be willing to pay my accumulated ESO Plus crowns for it.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »

And you dont think money would help fund those fixes? hmm??
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭

That's bad how?? Lets say you play 10 hours a weeks, so 520 hours a year. For 1 year of usage, that's only 34 cents (American) an hour.