The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What if... new trial is too easy? - Vet Halls of Fabrication - Question to ZOS

Meld777
Meld777
✭✭✭✭✭
To say it upfront, I have not gotten a closed beta invitation. I do not know what is actually going on on PTS. This question is purely hypothetical!

What if one or multiple guilds would have already completed vHoF (HM) on PTS? Would you make it harder for Live?
Are the trials on PTS easier in general for testing purposes?

I would really appreciate it if the trial took guilds about as long to complete as vMoL after its launch. As far as I remember no one made it even close to beating vMoL when it was on PTS back then. Not saying it's different now in vHoF. I obviously can't know that. But just hypothetically if it were like this...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you tagging Gina I a purely hypothetical post? It would not make sense to expect her to reply on such a matter since there is no basis for the suggestions made other than to start a conversation with the rest of us.
    Edited by idk on April 25, 2017 12:23PM
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are you tagging Gina I a purely hypothetical pots? It would not make sense to expect her to reply on such a matter since there is no basis for the suggestions made other than to start a conversation with the rest of us.

Because if his question wasn't hypothetical, he would be banned.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait

How do you know it it's hard or not if you don't have beta access lol
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on April 25, 2017 12:24PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you tagging Gina I a purely hypothetical pots? It would not make sense to expect her to reply on such a matter since there is no basis for the suggestions made other than to start a conversation with the rest of us.

Because if his question wasn't hypothetical, he would be banned.

By his own admission he could only pose a hypothetical question so my question is appropriate and unanswered.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the recent nerfs I don't think you have to worry about it, even if the mechanics are easy only very very good players will be able to maybe reach the final boss.

We cannot tell you anything but don't worry is not easy and the mechanics are not easier neither.

I am worried about people that want to get into Trials tho, they can completely forget it.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    to committed players, everything will become easy eventually

for everyone else, clearing content will forever and ever be a myth

sadly 90% of ESO belongs in the latter
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CultOfMMO wrote: »

That's true. Sad. But true. Believe it or not, a vast majority of the player base still haven't beaten VMA. Let alone attempted it. As for VMoL? Pffft. Forget about it. I personally think that if we were to take every platform, and add-up all those who've beaten VMoL? It'd probably not even be 5% of the total player base. I'm just being honest. Then again, I don't think too many people care enough to even bother trying. And to those people, I don't blame them.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy trial? Sustain is actually a thing now and you think HoF might be too easy? :o
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

That's true. Sad. But true. Believe it or not, a vast majority of the player base still haven't beaten VMA. Let alone attempted it. As for VMoL? Pffft. Forget about it. I personally think that if we were to take every platform, and add-up all those who've beaten VMoL? It'd probably not even be 5% of the total player base. I'm just being honest. Then again, I don't think too many people care enough to even bother trying. And to those people, I don't blame them.

Some are more interested than others. It all comes down to how one difines how they want to play.

• jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    lol farm before it gets buffed lol
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hard truth is Trials aren't really important enough to most people who play ESO to actually matter. ZoS sorta wedged Trials in as a bone for the uber gamers...which might 4 or 5% of the playerbase.

The new Trial probably won't be anything mind blowing, because ESO isn't a Raid centric game. In three years and you can count the number of Trials on one hand, that puts ESO in the Post Raid column of games.
    Edited by Balamoor on April 25, 2017 2:29PM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes about as much sense as this picture OP.

49f3911de28324f76988f67adc74ea4c.jpg
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    The hard truth is Trials aren't really important enough to most people who play ESO to actually matter. ZoS sorta wedged Trials in as a bone for the uber gamers...which might 4 or 5% of the playerbase.

The new Trial probably won't be anything mind blowing, because ESO isn't a Raid centric game. In three years and you can count the number of Trials on one hand, that puts ESO in the Post Raid column of games.

That's very sad tho, it means raids are way too hard.

In my opinion they should adapt them more for average players and give the elite another mode who rewards them with gold gear, and skins should of course be for that hard mode.

You have games like Destiny who are 95% casuals and Raids are crowded and they are the second most played feature behind PvP.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »

In my opinion they should adapt them more for average players and give the elite another mode who rewards them with gold gear, and skins should of course be for that hard mode.

You have games like Destiny who are 95% casuals and Raids are crowded and they are the second most played feature behind PvP.

@Kay1

It really. First off there is normal trials as well.

Second off there is a great many players who enjoy playing as they want. They enjoy the game, but they hit like a wet noodle. Trials, even normal, should not be setup to be that easy or their would not be a point since many could sold a trial that easy.

Heck, someone posted a video this week of their solo kill on the first boss in normal MoL.

All this is irrelevant to the thread though. OP hasn't made a comment since he started this thread which probably says much that he/she is just trying to stir the pot and troll the forums.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Easy trial? Sustain is actually a thing now and you think HoF might be too easy? :o
    Without ZOS changing forthcoming sustain any hardmode Trial will become a challenge. Especially DPS-race fights (Varlariel in vAA, Zhaj'hassa in vMOL and partially also vMOL Twins).
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't agree here as you have normal trials. Problem is a bit to get in an group who teach you the mechanics and let you practice as group fall apart after a few wipes.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Without ZOS changing forthcoming sustain any hardmode Trial will become a challenge. Especially DPS-race fights (Varlariel in vAA, Zhaj'hassa in vMOL and partially also vMOL Twins).

The only dps race boss worth mentioning in this game is vAA hardmode, and I'm almost tempted to say this fight MUST be tuned if the sustain nerfs are as bad as they seem to be.

All other bosses can do done with lower dps checks than people make them out to be
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post does not make any sense,

Any latest dungekn or trial release found by anyone easier?

ICP or SOTH or VMOL?

Even if it is easier then better for people to do!
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the new Trial must be harder..look behind at MOL..is the hardest trial in the live server.

So I can presume when NDA will be lifted will know more about the HOF.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the new Trial must be harder..look behind at MOL..is the hardest trial in the live server.

So I can presume when NDA will be lifted will know more about the HOF.

The increase is more with mechanica. It's normal that end game raids become more mechanic driven as more are developed. MoL isn't that hard as long as the mechanics are followed. Only one fight has a hard limit for length of the fight. Eventually no pillars spawn on the first boss of the fight lasts to long but it's a really long time.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kay1

It really. First off there is normal trials as well.

Second off there is a great many players who enjoy playing as they want. They enjoy the game, but they hit like a wet noodle. Trials, even normal, should not be setup to be that easy or their would not be a point since many could sold a trial that easy.

Heck, someone posted a video this week of their solo kill on the first boss in normal MoL.

All this is irrelevant to the thread though. OP hasn't made a comment since he started this thread which probably says much that he/she is just trying to stir the pot and troll the forums.

Yeah I know but normal trials doesn't have enough rewards to push people into doing more and more until they can do the vet version, the lack of trials tutorials is also there.
    zaria wrote: »

Don't agree here as you have normal trials. Problem is a bit to get in an group who teach you the mechanics and let you practice as group fall apart after a few wipes.

The community is very elitist and once Morrowind goes live the elitism will get on another level and you will have to do a dps test to get into spindleclutch in vet.

A good tutorial will maybe help? I wish Zenimax will put more efforts into making Trials something possible for everyone and funny, they are in my opinion the funniest PvE content in this game and it's a shamr that only few of us can try them.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most what was said here.

But let me elaborate a little bit on the topic. When vMoL just came out, it was extremely hard. On PTS, which was online for over a month, nobody was able to get past the 2nd boss. The first guild beat vMoL HM half a year into the content being on Live, my raid beat it a month after that, and Hodor beat it sometime in between.

But until we beat it - that was one awesome half a year of raiding: theorycrafting, trying different tactics, getting frustrated over and over again. I was raiding with 2 different guilds, overall 5 times a week, for over 4 months, trying to beat it. It was awesome to open the vMoL leaderboard and see that there is content that is so hard, no one has beaten it yet.

And even after we beat it, it wasn't the easiest thing to do it over and over again. We still had to follow mechanics, do lunar phase, etc. But that was when 25k single target DPS was what 55k ST is today. Then came the power creep and great tactics turned into stack and whack. But that's the normal way of MMO life. As many of you mentioned, it's still a minority of people that are even able to complete vMA and vMoL.

It might sound elitist and selfish, but the reason I created this thread is I don't want vHoF to come to Live in stack and whack shape to begin with! I want to experience it the same way I experienced vMoL. And this is not the case if people are completing it on Vet HM already on PTS. Which I of course can't know about... just have that weird gut feeling.

It took so much dedicated teamwork to get vMoL HM, no death, all achievements. I wish vHoF was the same. But even for those who haven't completed vMA/vMoL yet, isn't it a good feeling to know that there is still a lot of room for improvement?
    Edited by Meld777 on April 25, 2017 4:44PM

PC EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kay1

Normal trials do little to prepare someone for vet so the connection is kinds mute. The mechanics in the existing normal trials can be ignored in almost every case.

Casual guilds can do the vet trials. It is merely a choice. A causal guild I run with chose to do get. Set requirements for those who enacted to run vet trials. Those that didn't cut it are backups if they ge enough of the ones who have passed.

The struggles and eventually got all three craglorn trials cleared and are working on the twins in vMoL. The guild is very much casual but they chose to do more and those that went with the choice are really doing well.

I'm proud of ther accomplishments and if proves that anyone who wants to do vet trials on live can. It takes a choice and desire to move forward and improve.

Further, there are plenty of trial tutorials. No one in their right mind reinvents the wheel and no one in their right mind blindly goes into vet trials without reviewing what is available. The groups with the initial clears publish plenty of information including videos. Plenty of tutorials out there. It's an excuse to say otherwise.

Your comments about elitism are also misplaced. Those with elitist attitudes are often not elite. I think they're more bitter that they are not the strongest so they take it out ok others.

Their is an assortment of guilds. Some that are great training guilds and others that are great for starting out in the game. Any guild that takes raiding vet trials seriously will have requirements since a certain amount of requirement and general skill is required to meet their objectives. They also have people to help other players improve.

If all comes down to a choice. Excuses are just a statement of what choice has been made.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad elitists will always exist and infect the community with false "DPS check tactics".

Fact is, when we completed vMoL for the first time, 20 - 25k DPS was what our DDs had.

When I completed vMA for the first time? Don't even ask. I had not only ~300 CP, but the meta was also different. Sustained DPS without support? Slightly above 10k maybe? And all the guides didn't exist yet. Even my first flawless run took me 90 min or so. 3 times as long as it takes me now. That shows the extent of the power creep in 1.5 years.

So if anyone tells you you need better gear/higher DPS for the content that's been around for 1.5 years? Hell no! Higher DPS makes it easier, you can skip mechanics, but if you choose not to skip them, it's still possible. The only real DPS check boss in game is the 1st boss in vMoL. And 20k per DD is more than enough to beat him. Every other boss can be beaten by simply following the game's mechanics. Even with 10k DPS.
    Edited by Meld777 on April 25, 2017 5:07PM

PC EU
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

The only dps race boss worth mentioning in this game is vAA hardmode, and I'm almost tempted to say this fight MUST be tuned if the sustain nerfs are as bad as they seem to be.

All other bosses can do done with lower dps checks than people make them out to be
    This is general notice for current PTS raid meta. After clearing all the mentioned above in 3.0.x we can easily tell they have a great potential of becoming a struggle for semi-pro/mid-place level raiding teams. PTS vMOL Twins with 5+ prayer phases not being anything super unexpected with gimped group DPS output will require some additional coordination and extraordinary ads placement management. Bye-bye to Rakkat 5/6th platform kill. The list is long and the conclusion is simple - the best teams will still suceed whereas the mid-ground ones will probably be prevented from clearing the content soon again.

Meld777 wrote: »
    Bad elitists will always exist and infect the community with false "DPS check tactics".
    Those "bad elitists" usually have higher DPS numbers in mind with the only intention to have a smooth run as low DPS obviously introduces more hassle and prevents skipping mechanics. Group panic-wipe in that scenario is also possible.

Edited by F7sus4 on April 25, 2017 9:14PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The community is very elitist and once Morrowind goes live the elitism will get on another level and you will have to do a dps test to get into spindleclutch in vet.

A good tutorial will maybe help? I wish Zenimax will put more efforts into making Trials something possible for everyone and funny, they are in my opinion the funniest PvE content in this game and it's a shamr that only few of us can try them.
    Many guilds are very elitists, I drop them fast :)
    And yes they will get serious issues then Morrowind, lots of new players and lots of old QQ.
    Extinction level events are good for something, had not Mexico taken an big one we would be Argonians :)

Tutorials for dungeons yes, think the undaunted boot camp was my idea, make it an stereotype parody with the grizzled Orc sergeant and the nose in the sky Altmer instructor.
    However this would be general, for mechanic you have to rely on group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't ZOS tend to release dungeons/trials as extra hard for a while, then nerf them when a new "hardest" one comes out. I feel fairly safe in saying the new trial will be plenty hard, at least until the next trial is released.

Of course, that's no less speculation than the OP's post. But I think history shows it to be a bit more likely.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't ZOS tend to release dungeons/trials as extra hard for a while, then nerf them when a new "hardest" one comes out. I feel fairly safe in saying the new trial will be plenty hard, at least until the next trial is released.
    Works on both levels as usually they nerf the content a bit and also slowly increase the CP cap. A friendly reminder that we still had VR16 when vMOL was first released. :)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we stop with the "game is too easy"? :v

Use your imagination to create a build that isn't number crunched to death but feels fun playing. Use crafted sets. Animation cancel more by accident instead of training for a twitch marathon.

There are masochistic games out there yknow, try Flappy Bird ferchrissakes
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Can we stop with the "game is too easy"? :v

Use your imagination to create a build that isn't number crunched to death but feels fun playing. Use crafted sets. Animation cancel more by accident instead of training for a twitch marathon.

There are masochistic games out there yknow, try Flappy Bird ferchrissakes

What's the point of making the game artificially hard? None.
    Edited by Izaki on April 25, 2017 9:35PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade