Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing furniture items cap and Hundings Palatial Hall.

Aurie
Aurie
✭✭✭✭✭

I have Hundings Palatial Hall as one of my main houses. Although it is listed under Classic homes with 300/600 furnishing items allowable, it is far larger both inside and outside than any other classic home....and also much larger than the Notable homes (with the exception of Earthtear Cavern), which attract a slightly more generous cap of 350/700.

The thing is, the larger the property the more items it takes to appear fully furnished/landscaped, and even with ESO+ double allowance I am starting to struggle....and it's not nearly finished! So please @ZOS bring Hundings' cap in line with the Notable properties because of its size.

Although the caps do appear at first glance to be generous, it is surprising how quickly they are reached. Whilst it's easy enough to get a house equipped with base furniture, it's the small items such as tableware, knicknacks that rapidly fill up one's quota....and that's before landscaping the garden is even taken into consideration (and this alone can take a massive amount of one's allocation). Yet these are the things that make a house and its grounds look properly lived in, and are just as important as the major bits of furniture. I wonder if many other players are finding the same thing?

So I was wondering if there was a technical reason for the current items cap for furnishing our houses. If there is, then I totally understand. But if not, then @ZOS please could you increase the furniture cap and make those of us who take our housing very seriously and love decorating very happy!

And just as an afterthought, the Crown Store will love the inevitable extra sales :smile:
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone that actually enjoys housing (and we are admittedly some of the biggest whales in ESO atm) is having issues with housing item limits on pretty much every home we purchased. It's beyond frustrating, and there is no real reason that has been given that they've put these arbitrary limits in place. My first place was Strident Springs and I've been at 600 there since a few days after housing dropped. I love that place, and need a few hundred more item slots to fully decorate it, and even then it won't be cluttered.

It has nothing to do with performance issues - no one I've spoken with in game has had any issues at this limit, and doubling it will only really effect load times. Who cares about those because we want to be able to be creative and decorate our homes!

You can see that even ZoS knows their item limits suck. Just look at any of the screen shots when loading into any home. The amount of items in those pics is impossible to actually do in game because of item limits.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the same boat here with my hundings. We definitely need an option to upgrade furnishing limits. I think they could have helped by the types of furniture available as well. Making too many tiny items that take up a lot of slots. Example: An apple and a seperate basket. Why not just design a simple basket of 5 or 6 apples that is just one solid deco item. Takes up one slot instead of seven. Same with small flowers.....another is items that are seperate from the pedestal displays. Make it all one piece. I would love to see solid bridges, steps, walls etc. to build with instead of one plank or block. I could go on and on......Anyway, just my thoughts.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on April 28, 2017 6:33AM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat with every house I buy and so are all my guildies
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad there are others out there who think the limit is definitely too low. Maybe if enough of us keep posting, ZOS will consider raising it. :)

Lady Destiny, I agree about the stupidity of having to buy many separate items to make up a whole.

As for the blocks, I have used those to build fireplaces in houses that for some weird reason don't have one. They are very effective, but we shouldn't have to waste resources on a feature that should already be in every house. Something else to consider, @ZOS?

• lifeoff
    lifeoff
    Soul Shriven
    i have the same problem with you @Aurelle1. They should increase the limit.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to buy stuff from the crown store for housing if my limit is maxed out, hope they realize that.
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely needs raising. A lot.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    The limit is so low that I really was discouraged by that from actually working on it. I knew as soon as I set the table and made a few beds it would all over. There should be no limit as to how many items we can put in our homes. After all, don't they want us to continue to spend money to play this game? Happy homemakers spend lots of money.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the same boat here with my hundings. We definitely need an option to upgrade furnishing limits. I think they could have helped by the types of furniture available as well. Making too many tiny items that take up a lot of slots. Example: An apple and a seperate basket. Why not just design a simple basket of 5 or 6 apples that is just one solid deco item. Takes up one slot instead of seven. Same with small flowers.....another is items that are seperate from the pedestal displays. Make it all one piece. I would love to see solid bridges, steps, walls etc. to build with instead of one plank or block. I could go on and on......Anyway, just my thoughts.

Same! Because of Hundings' lack of privacy, I used stone slabs to build a private bedroom upstairs. but you would be shocked just how many spaces that takes up. If I had a large stone slab, I could probably get away with using 2-3 instead of 100. Or more. Same with stairs.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • hooked82
    hooked82
    Agree with everything above as I'm always running into the limit issue even with ESO+. I couldn't imagine what my houses would look like without it.

Maybe allow us to group items so that they only take up 1 slot? Not thought out all the way, but who knows.
  • Boradordin
    Boradordin
    ✭✭
    Have you noticed that no Zenimax agent has chimed in. They know of the problem, and chose not to comment.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boradordin wrote: »
    Have you noticed that no Zenimax agent has chimed in. They know of the problem, and chose not to comment.

There are multiple threads on this subject. And not a single reaction from @ZOS.

And it is the same for the rest of the forum too. Frankly, out of all the MMOs I've played (and that is quite a few over the years), this team is by far the worst at communicating with their player base. Having actively followed these forums over the last few weeks, I am astonished at the sheer silence on the part of @ZOS when time after time members have posted with legitimate queries, complaints and requests to get things fixed.....it's like talking to a brick wall.

They do have at least one community representative on their team, but what that member of the team does with his/her day I really don't know. One thing I am sure about is that they do read most threads, as they are quick enough to jump in when something happens that they don't like.

@ZOS, I hope you are reading this....come on, please be more responsive to us.
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to be the sour meower, but they are likely gearing up to offer Limit Increases via the crown store at some point, a la bank/bag upgrades . It is just too much potential earning for them to pass up.
    If you are cool with that, than yay!... but I will not spend real money to raise their arbitrarily low caps.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to be the sour meower, but they are likely gearing up to offer Limit Increases via the crown store at some point, a la bank/bag upgrades . It is just too much potential earning for them to pass up.
    If you are cool with that, than yay!... but I will not spend real money to raise their arbitrarily low caps.

I'm afraid you are probably right. However, for those of us who really want to make our homes look just so, that would be better than nothing. Provided the increases are at least 100 items per upgrade!
    Edited by Aurie on May 2, 2017 3:24PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be priceless - charge players money to enable them to buy more furniture from the crown store. It would be like Home Depot charging an admission fee... lol
    PS4NA
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem. I really love Hunding's Palatial Hall, so far it's my favourite house. However even with 600 furnishing slots due to being an ESO plus subscriber I'm not even close to decorating all areas of my home to my liking.
    Right after housing dropped I still had lots of fun, moving things around, trying to build some new interesting structures, putting books in bookshelves and so on. Then I reached the cap and thought "oh well, that sucks, not even half of my home is done yet". So I started putting things away that weren't perfect, swapped out my personal bookshelves containing my favourite lorebooks with the generic prefilled version just to save space. This helped a little and enabled me to furnish more areas of my home but there are still some very empty spaces left.

Every weekend I hope there are no cool things at the luxury vendor because I just don't know where to put them.

Getting a second house is not an option either, I want the first house to be decorated to my liking before I start running into the same problems all over again. It's frustrating, especially considering the fact that there is no real use to the houses, like additional bank space. The only use they have is providing fun times decorating them and maybe training at a target skeleton.

I would love an option to merge multiple furnishings into one. Wouldn't even mind if it was permanent and only allowed a specific number of items/size/whatever. This way my pot of flowers wouldnt have to consist of 6 items but one. Since I have no clue about programming this might be a very utopian wish but to me it seems like the devs creating the furnishings do exactly that with some pieces.