The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cannot Log-in to Play Since ~ 5:00 PM EDST Saturday, 22 April 2018 [Incident: 170422-005279]

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_PeterT
FYI: I began receiving Error 200 around 5 PM EDST on Saturday, 22 April 2018. I made at least 4 attempts during the following hour, and at least 3 or 4 during each ensuing hour.

Each attempt consisted of entering the password on the main log-in dialog, which pre-loads my "Player Name", and receiving the Error 200 message as the outcome. Typically, I have re-entered the password at least two more times in succession, usually waiting about 5 - 15 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd.

In between attempts to log-in, I power-cycled the router, which contains a DOCSIS 3.0 cable "modem". I also used the Betheseda.net Launcher Game Options menu to Repair Files. I reviewed the Port Triggering configuration on the router. I have run the Windows command: ipconfig /flushdns . I have Quit the ESO log-in dialog many times and ran the executable again for the next attempt(s) to log-on.

As far as I can determine, there is no malfunction with my computer, my LAN, my ISP (*** Communications), or using the Internet to access e-mail or other web sites. So the problem is evidently with the Bethesda.net megaserver.

Nothing changed before I finally stopped attempting to log-in after 04:00 AM EDST on Sunday, 23 April 2018. I resumed attempting to log-in to play the game at about 2:00 PM EDST on Sunday afternoon, but I have not attempted to log-in again as frequently as I did before. Regardless, all attempts have received the Error 200 message.

Of course, I sent an e-mail message to Customer Support, to which the acknowledgement message assigned Incident: 170422-005279 A staff member replied on Sunday that, if the issue was not resolved, to reply with a screenshot of the Error message. I did that and have yet to receive another message from them. I cannot help but wonder whether this incident is related to Incident: 170415-000817 which occurred previously last week.

The most recent Service Alert was and still is: 2017.04.22 - 17:00 UTC (13:00 EDT) stating: "The issues related to logging in to the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time." Which, if I may say so, sounds as though ZOS and/or Bethesda are missing in action.

Will ZOS shut-down the megaserver for maintenance at 04:00 EDST on Monday, 24 April, as currently announced? What would be the point if so many customers cannot log-in to play the game?

The situation remains as described in this message at the time that I am posting it. It is an edited and updated copy of a message that I originally posted on a discussion in the Bug Report section "Access to Authentication Servers Down", which currently has over 30 messages.

It is now more than 29 hours since the first occasion that I was denied access to the megaserver. I don't know whether the FCC and/or the FTC have any regulations pertaining to online games such as The Elder Scrolls Online which address the problem of service outages. Perhaps I should ask a lawyer.

Edited by Shadowshire on April 24, 2017 2:52AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • E-Zekiel
    E-Zekiel
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem the last few weeks, where I'd have to spend 30-60 minutes trying to get on before being successful. It's been even worse since Friday or so for me.