The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[STAM DK] Alternatives to Dizzying Swing - Suggestions?

Rickter
Rickter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Im a stam dk currently 2h and 1h/shield. I was called a wrecking blow spammer. what alternatives do i have as a stam dk to wrecking blow?

what exactly is the difference between wrecking blow spamming and templar jabs spamming? whats the difference between wrecking blow spamming and any spammable in the game?
Edited by Rickter on April 21, 2017 2:35PM
RickterESO
PC | NA | DC
YouTube
Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
PvE:
vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Best Answers

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter ignore people like that... Wreaking blow is slow ... It's the only spike you have ... Your class stam abilities provide no spike... /ignore them.... However if you are just spamming that ability that's really not the best way to go on a DK, but it works lol... If you fight someone that is of a higher skill they can avoid it pretty easily.....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Answer ✓
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer running SnB as damage bar and 2H with buffs/gapcloser.

Ransack weaves are then your spammable and you can output similar DPS. Heroic Slash is also an option, more expensive with higher tooltip but lacking Major Fracture.

What SnB lacks (DoTs), Stam DK has in spades. This also puts Reverb bash potentially on your DPS bar and I find SnB allows me to proactively block more.

This way you get to control how you CC and can wait until Venomous Claw is ticking strong before bursting if needed.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Answer ✓
    1. Durham
      Durham
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just use what you want nothing wrong with Dizzy Swings
      PVP DEADWAIT
      PVP The Unguildables
      Answer ✓
    2. Ulfgarde
      Ulfgarde
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Noxious Breath -> Heavy Attack -> Heroic Slash -> Bash -> Medium Attack -> Heroic Slash -> Bash

Rince and repeat with some reverb bashes here and there to stun them. You can dawnbreaker /dragon leap them after a good reverb bash. S&B setup is nice to play perma-defense and still be annoying with the Heroic Slash snare and pull off some nice damage.

Wrecking Blow is not a bad ability either and easier to pull off with a lot of potential burst. Don't worry about what people say; there's plenty of counters to WB and often times it depends on how well they can take the pressure.
      Edited by Ulfgarde on April 25, 2017 4:35PM
      Very athletic eso player
      PC EU
      Answer ✓
    • Rickter
      Rickter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      cool thanks. ransack weave is a good option, i may consider that. shut the cry babies up. right now my 1h/shield bar is dots and survivability utility. Dizzying Swing is not the only thing i do. i apply both venomous claw and noxious breath heavy attack and maintain buffs and shields/reflect. but you know, no one cares about that. they just see the wrecking blow and get mad.

i honestly wish there was a stam morph of whips.
      RickterESO
      PC | NA | DC
      YouTube
      Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
      PvE:
      vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• dmar613
      dmar613
      ✭✭✭
      i've said this before, as a stam dk venomous claw should not be a dot, just straight damage on par with a nb's suprise attack.
      also on this note gap closer should be quicker during gap closing on par with an ambush. this would allow for really quick twitch sensitive weaves that have a really nice flow. because as of now crit rush is too slow and so is wb (espicially in laggy situtions where you need those shots to register quickly)
      Edited by dmar613 on April 21, 2017 3:31PM
      4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
    • clocksstoppe
      clocksstoppe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The difference is wrecking blow sucks and good players will kite you.
    • rimmidimdim
      rimmidimdim
      ✭✭✭
      dmar613 wrote: »
      i've said this before, as a stam dk venomous claw should not be a dot, just straight damage on par with a nb's suprise attack.
      also on this note gap closer should be quicker during gap closing on par with an ambush. this would allow for really quick twitch sensitive weaves that have a really nice flow. because as of now crit rush is too slow and so is wb (espicially in laggy situtions where you need those shots to register quickly)

Hahahah. Give DK the best NB skills. OP class? OMG just a little.
    • Durham
      Durham
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Claw is just add-on damage only 2k initial a
      The difference is wrecking blow sucks and good players will kite you.

But there are so many bad players out there ... that live in battle groups...
      PVP DEADWAIT
      PVP The Unguildables
    • Lexxypwns
      Lexxypwns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Reroll, play mag warden or something
    • Vapirko
      Vapirko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wish I could spam wrecking blow lol. If youre lagging wrecking blow is next to useless. You'll never hit anyone with it.
    • FlyLionel
      FlyLionel
      ✭✭✭✭
      Rickter wrote: »
      cool thanks. ransack weave is a good option, i may consider that. shut the cry babies up. right now my 1h/shield bar is dots and survivability utility. Dizzying Swing is not the only thing i do. i apply both venomous claw and noxious breath heavy attack and maintain buffs and shields/reflect. but you know, no one cares about that. they just see the wrecking blow and get mad.

i honestly wish there was a stam morph of whips.

If you're using noxious breath(AOE major fracture) just use heroic slash. Built ult up for more resources as well. No point in running ransack and noxious.
      The Flyers
    • zuto40
      zuto40
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      dmar613 wrote: »

Ambush is not as smooth as you think it is
      Stamblade- Legate
      Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
      Magic DK- Corporal
      Stam DK- Sergeant
      Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
    • OdinForge
      OdinForge
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You won't get those whispers if you strip down and afk in zerg lanes, the people rage whispering you will be very happy.
      The Age of Wrobel.
    • Kas
      Kas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      personally, i think dizzying swing is a good choice. but IF you really want an alternative, i'd put my money on nothing but heavy attacks (and dots etc). HA heavy attacks aren't bad at all, they empower the next attack (e.g. executioner) and provide awesome resource mgmt wehn in heavy armor
      @bbu - AD/EU
      Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
      Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
      Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
      + many others
    • Betsararie
      Betsararie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hand to hand
    • Sensei_Brew
      Sensei_Brew
      ✭✭
      People still complain about dizzying swing? Do anyone even know what surprise attack can do? Easy to land....Buffs You resistance....Major fracture your opponent .....And stuns from cloak....Oh and hits for over 9k. People still saying buff nightblade lol
    • Hutch679
      Hutch679
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't use dizzy swing. I use critical rush, venomous claw, executioner, take flight, poison injection, and draining shot as my damage skills.

Combo is: heavy bow attack, poison injection, draining shot, swap bars, critical rush, medium attack, venom claw, medium attack, take flight, executioner.

If they don't die, rinse and repeat.