The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store item account-wide? No way?

Pico
Pico
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I own ESO on PC with 4/5 DLC and on Xbox with some Crown Store purchases.
I did buy the Xbox version, since I quit ESO on PC back in the days and now I quit ESO
on the Xbox only to come back to masterrace :wink: .

Both accounts are linked.

While I was playing (on the PC version), a loading screen reminded me, once you buy
something in the Crown Store, it is ACCOUNT WIDE.
Aren't my PC and XBOX accounts linked to the same MASTER ACCOUNT?

I would REALLY like to see my LIMITED TIME horse on my PC version of the game,
since I don't touch the Xbox version anymore.

Otherwise this loading screen is kind of false advertising I suppose.

I really like some serious answers on this issue.

Spending more money doesn't bother me at all, claiming items I bought does.

Thanks in advance for whoever can help me out on this.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are account wide for the one platform/server. They are not across servers .....
  • Pico
    Pico
    Soul Shriven
    Balibe wrote: »
    They are account wide for the one platform/server. They are not across servers .....

And where does it state that?

Imagine you have crowns, you load the game on Xbox One and see something like:
    'When you buy a crown store item, it is account wide.'
    The game is loaded and you buy a Horse...

Where INGAME does it state it's only for use on an Xbox One?

So I bought an item for what? To use several weeks and can't use it in the SAME GAME anymore?
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't state it anywhere. You're beating a dead horse with this as many have complained about it and asked the same questions. When you claim it on a specific platform/server that is where it remains. If you play on another server or platform with the same account/login you will have to purchase crown items additionally on those other locations to have them available elsewhere.

It's shady as heck, but the way they do business.

Oddly enough, even their support page and if you send a ticket in their auto response tells you items can be used account wide (does not state server wide).
    Edited by Damianos on April 24, 2017 4:50PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soooo wish the items were account wide.... it's preventing friends from playing who switched platforms (ie. they wont play because their items wont transfer).
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    By account wide they mean your game account, on a given megaserver.

The only things that span across megaservers are codes redeemed on the website, and crowns, which are shared across megaservers, but can only be spent once.

Don't know if even that is shared for console, as I've never played on one, and never will.

Now if you had done some research prior to making such purchases, rather than going by assumptions based on some loading screen... :neutral:
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pico wrote: »
    And where does it state that?

Imagine you have crowns, you load the game on Xbox One and see something like:
    'When you buy a crown store item, it is account wide.'
    The game is loaded and you buy a Horse...

Where INGAME does it state it's only for use on an Xbox One?

So I bought an item for what? To use several weeks and can't use it in the SAME GAME anymore?

@Pico ...... As others have stated, this has been known since the inception of the Crown Store, nothing new. A quick search of the forums would of shown a lot of posts like yours .....

Hopefully you will believe the link since you will not believe the posters trying to help ..... Below is quoted from the Tamriel Unlimited FAQ .....

Does purchased downloadable content (DLC) come with me if I switch megaservers?

No. DLC purchased in the Crown Store is only available on the megaserver where it was purchased. (For example, if you buy DLC on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver.)

Do my crowns and purchased items come with me if I switch megaservers?

PC/Mac and console players can play on either the North America or European megaservers, and crowns carry over from one server to the other. However, all items purchased via the Crown Store are only available on the server where they were purchased. For example, if you buy a pet on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver. If you want the pet to be available when playing on the European megaserver, you will need to purchase that pet on the European server.