The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Knight Slayer set needs to be removed from the game !

Dracane
Dracane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This set needs to be removed from the game. Imagine if 10 people in a zerg wear this, they can just one shot any player. Even if only a few wear it, this will be completely unbalanced.
This set will be the pvp meta if it remains as it is.

Oblivion damage is irresistable damage that ignores your resistance and damage shields and is not reduces by battle spirit. So this is obviously easily exploitable.
These new sets are creative, but this one in particular is what worries me the most.
Edited by Dracane on April 19, 2017 1:06AM
Auri-El is my lord,
Trinimac is my shield,
Magnus is my mind.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this break the NDA seeing as its a set introduced with morrowind?
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing that argument. "10 people shooting the same person and there gunna die because of this set"

No you fools, they're going to die because there is 10 people shooting them. If 10 people are shooting you at the exact same time, you screwed up and you should be dead.

People are really overestimating this set, and %Health true damage is a really good, healthy system for dealing with tanks. Look at any other game and you will see similar concepts.

Also nice job breaking NDA...
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

What NDA ? This is from the pts and everyone has access to it. That's what we have on the templates.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tetrao
    Tetrao
    Soul Shriven
    Dracane wrote: »

What NDA ? This is from the pts and everyone has access to it. That's what we have on the templates.

Read the top of the page "ALL CONTENT ON THE PTS IS CURRENTLY UNDER AN NDA. Please note that Morrowind and its contents are accessible only if you have received an invitation via email."
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrao wrote: »

Read the top of the page "ALL CONTENT ON THE PTS IS CURRENTLY UNDER AN NDA. Please note that Morrowind and its contents are accessible only if you have received an invitation via email."

Well, we are on the pts forum here. So I think it's legit to discuss things ON the pts. What's the point otherwise ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tetrao wrote: »

Probably ZOS screwed up big time and gave everyone who pre-ordered full PTS access without NDA. :smiley:
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did think it was weird they didn't release any of the new set information in the patch notes.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    I did think it was weird they didn't release any of the new set information in the patch notes.

They never do. They only name them in the patchnotes, never what exactly they do.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your allowed to say set bonuses can anyone get a list for the rest of us who are very curious, the crafted ones in paticular!
  • YoshinJaa
    YoshinJaa
    ✭✭✭
    If your allowed to say set bonuses can anyone get a list for the rest of us who are very curious, the crafted ones in paticular!

I concur. Is it breaking NDA to list set bonuses for all of the new sets?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bf sent me the picture after I have requested it from him, my pts is still downloading.
    The crafted sets don't seem to be on the pts. Btw none of us has a Morrowind invitation, at least I never check my emails. So I will never know if I do :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    I keep hearing that argument. "10 people shooting the same person and there gunna die because of this set"

No you fools, they're going to die because there is 10 people shooting them. If 10 people are shooting you at the exact same time, you screwed up and you should be dead.

People are really overestimating this set, and %Health true damage is a really good, healthy system for dealing with tanks. Look at any other game and you will see similar concepts.

Agree, percentage health means this is a 2.4-3k hit against any non tank. It requires a fully charged heavy to even get the appreciable bonus. Elegant is much stronger against any non tank, non Mag Sorc.

This is really a meh set for fights against* non tank, non Mag Sorc. Viper is way better, you will get much more significant sustained damage with Viper or Poisonous Serpent, or Elegant.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on April 19, 2017 12:23AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that plus a lightning staff, and who needs to spec for resource management? Lol
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, wtf are you talking about? Just stop. "Imagine 10 people wearing viper and velidreth jumping on you from stealth..."

1) Get real and stop this nonsense.
    2) Hope you get banned for breaking the NDA
    3) have a nice day.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually, I am fairly certain it does.

LOL

You're a funny one. Ever heard of lightning staves?

OP is right, this needs to be removed. You don't even need 10 people. Have like 4 or 5 run around with this while just heavy attacking with lightning staves. The passive aoe effect ensures everyone gets hit. Now add some Ilambris to this to get your multikills.

Heavy attacking through entire zerg swarms in cyrodiil. I am beginning to think with the sustain changes and what, ZOS is getting a huge fetish for heavy attacks.

Edited by Mordenkainen on April 19, 2017 12:43AM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

OP is right, this *** needs to be removed. You don't even need 10 people. Have like 4 or 5 run around with this while just heavy attacking with lightning staves. The passive aoe effect ensures everyone gets hit. Now add some Ilambris to this to get your multikills.

Nice and all that with just holding the left mouse button down.

You are assuming that the Passive AOE effect will carry over the 5 piece bonus, that is a big assumption.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL

OP is right, this *** needs to be removed. You don't even need 10 people. Have like 4 or 5 run around with this while just heavy attacking with lightning staves. The passive aoe effect ensures everyone gets hit. Now add some Ilambris to this to get your multikills.

Nice and all that with just holding the left mouse button down.

You are assuming that the Passive AOE effect will carry over the 5 piece bonus, that is a big assumption.

Last I remember assumptions don't come in sizes.

But yes since there is no statement anywhere about it from ZOS or anyone who tested this - Yes, yes I'll assume.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what exactly is this nda ? It says I may not discuss pts stuff on the pts forum ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what exactly is this nda ? It says I may not discuss pts stuff on the pts forum ?

Look at the top of the page at the giant gold banners.

Then go back and look at the extremely document you had to at a minimum scroll through to agree to saying you wouldn't do what you did and are subject to action taken by ZOS
    Edited by acw37162 on April 19, 2017 12:51AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's their own forum and what's the pts section there for, if not discussing pts related things ? I don't see the issue. How are we supposed to provide feedback if not here. ^^ We do this on the pts since I can remember and it has never been an issue.
    Edited by Dracane on April 19, 2017 12:54AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy done go test the set first then report back here.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't seem like it's going to hurt anybody but blazing shield templars, assuming you're at 25k health you'll only be taking 1.2k damage per fully charged lightning staff (I think it's like 2.2 secs for the full channel?) Shield Breaker proccing off of every tick of a lightning/resto heavy attack is a much larger problem.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it can be NDA violation posting it here not on closed forum. Yes it is PTS related stuff but this set like every other new set is from morrowind included content which You shouldnt discuss publicly. You have closed forum part to do this.

But I can be wrong.
    Edited by Juhasow on April 19, 2017 1:09AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I imagine how zerggroups here on the EU server are playing, I feel like this set is going to be abused by them.
    The set itself is probably not unbalanced, just like elemental storm itself is not unbalanced. But when stacked.... you know how this ends.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I have now removed the picture of the set. Maybe this calms you down a little.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awsome. This set + shieldbreaker + lightningstaff + cost increase poisons. The tears <3
    EU | PC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Awsome. This set + shieldbreaker + lightningstaff + cost increase poisons. The tears <3

Yes :( My consumption of tissues will drastically increase. I'm already so emtional.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • AweBiTr
    AweBiTr
    ✭✭
    I like this set, because I'm bad at pvp, but with it I can deal at least some damage to high lvl persons...