The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tower constellation changes

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
Do we need these changes?

The Tower

Magician:
Renamed this passive to Siphoner.
This passive ability now reduces the enemy’s Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery for 3 seconds when you damage them with a Light or Heavy Attack, instead of reducing the cost of your Magicka abilities.
Note: This is now the antithesis of Healthy, Arcanist, and Mooncalf.
Warlord: This passive ability now reduces the cost of Break Free, instead of reducing the cost of your Stamina abilities.
Edited by WeerW3ir on April 17, 2017 9:06PM

Tower constellation changes 44 votes

No!
11%
IdinuseMorimizoMrCray78OdinForgebrandonv516 5 votes
Absolutely no!
56%
chancefate81_ESOTecorsuhRyDog7373MojmirVarisVariskaorunandrakLaerothKeykalynRajajshkaWeerW3irLylithF7sus4DetectorShanjijriAsgaribrandonv516DracindoMrFish024FischblutRachelejaye63 25 votes
Yes
22%
StamdenVycDarkshadowSydriaSodanToksly007bitelsDamianosNateS4Bobby_V_RockitSubversus 10 votes
Maybe
9%
LimeyInGinDerraToc de Malsvibrimstone74 4 votes
  • LimeyInGin
    LimeyInGin
    ✭✭
    Maybe
    To me all this does is cause us to dump points into regen. They took one passive away because, I am guessing, it was the main investment we all make and they felt it was too powerful. Now we will just dump points into a different place to try and mimic the effect as best we can. Until they take away the regen passive as well lol.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely. People simply do not run out of resources in PvP.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no!
    hell no,

They are balancing the whole game around a few individuals who can do everything easy and in the process will make it impossible for everyone else

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play pve almost exclusively so this is pretty much pointless to me.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need this type of change people need to run out of resources....this games a joke when you have infinite resources and can spam abilities for ever.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• brimstone74
    brimstone74
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe
    LimeyInGin wrote: »
    To me all this does is cause us to dump points into regen. They took one passive away because, I am guessing, it was the main investment we all make and they felt it was too powerful. Now we will just dump points into a different place to try and mimic the effect as best we can. Until they take away the regen passive as well lol.

They also front loaded the return point for point for regen...did they reduce the cap on it? I am reading different things.
    Edited by brimstone74 on April 17, 2017 10:42PM
    It's Mundumental!
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no!
    I understand the "never out of resources" argument but you gotta remember there are LOTS of people play sub optimal/ non "meta" builds. I have a nord two hand dragon knight, the changes that went into this patch just crippled him.

The bottom line is the change to these champion points were the easiest thing to do, with out buffs in other places race/class combos that under perform compared to the meta before will now do so even more.

There are plenty of people who play games for the challenge and pride of creating a build that goes against "what is best" and make it work, I am one of these people. I'm not a fan of these changes because they effect my build far more then they will the people the change is supposed to be targeting.

I'm sure given enough time I'll figure out how to make my build work again for me I always do, but honestly you guys really need to look at the SPECIFICALLY over performing builds dissect them figure out what is causing the issues you want to address look at all the things that are piling up to make this build the "monster it is" and make adjusts to keep those build from shooting forward in tier as much as they due.

For example redguard passives with 30k+ stam, these champion points, dk passives, and bloodspawn mean you have a stam monster. Whats the root cause here though? Over performing racial, followed by stacking resources. And why is the damage so high on this build? because resources also boost the damage of skills. That should also change.

if you want proof about the race being the main cause run that same setup with a nord or any other race that lacks the passives, your stam will be gone every time and your DPS/burst will be much lower on top of it.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no!
    Didnt even realize the change and wow... Total crap... cant program NPC improvement so they gotta default to wasting my GD time.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple change to make the game have balance eliminate animation canceling
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

This does not achieve "balance" in the way that most people mean it. "Balance" means that all classes and their magicka/stam variants are competitive in all content.

Eliminating animation canceling only achieves "balance" in that it significantly lowers the skill necessary to play the game, so players who (purely from an actions per minute perspective) who are "mediocre" now will be more on par with highly skilled players.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »

This does not achieve "balance" in the way that most people mean it. "Balance" means that all classes and their magicka/stam variants are competitive in all content.

Eliminating animation canceling only achieves "balance" in that it significantly lowers the skill necessary to play the game, so players who (purely from an actions per minute perspective) who are "mediocre" now will be more on par with highly skilled players.

How is that not balance then if a mediocre player is on par with a "skilled" player? A skill player with animation canceling can take any class and be competitive without animation canceling by your own words a mediocre player will be on par with "skilled play." Is that not balance.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also eliminating animation canceling will have a much desired effect on servers. Reduce lag through out the game.