The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Examine-able Dragon Frogs around Hew's Bane Lamia World Boss

• Shgon_Dunstan
    Shgon_Dunstan
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    This mysterious issue with frogs is like with the sitting that doesn't work, Hews Bane is such a peculiar place :).
    l5x4orc.jpg

... Looks like the urn is just in the way. Like how you can't sit in a chair in your house if you put it too close to a table.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But unfortunately that doesn't help solve the mystery of the dragon frogs.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's one of those frogs in a room in the house that must be entered during the first Thieves Guild quest in Hews Bane. It's just for immersion purposes, I guess.
    Halcyon Black
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But can you examine it? Or is it just or decoration?

The dead dragon frogs around the World Boss encounter are examine-able.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let this be an unsolved mystery
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another very similar mystery is the examine-able dead brigands in the back tunnels of Shark Teeth's Grotto
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But can you examine it? Or is it just or decoration?

The dead dragon frogs around the World Boss encounter are examine-able.

You can examine the ones in the house too. It looks like a someone was experimenting on the poor frogs, maybe trying to use them for smuggling.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the ones in the house do anything? Those around the World Boss Encounter only seem to make a noise.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No further information?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never noticed before, but now I'm kinda intrigued. I wish you well on your quest for frog-related answers.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the Dragon Frogs were sold as pets via the crown store at one point?

That said (and assuming), the "examine" interaction was probably put in there for nothing more than to showcase the frogs and make money. Shame really, Molag Bal is a good guy compared to ZOS.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not going to be helpful, don't bother posting...
    Useful stuff like this?
    It's Fine, Learn to Play

Adapt and Overcome
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    If you're not going to be helpful, don't bother posting...

QFE!

QFE yet again...

Quality Frog Emote?

Trolling is against ToS FYI ;-)
    So is padding your own comment count and bumping your own post, FYI

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Dragon Frogs were sold as pets via the crown store at one point?

That said (and assuming), the "examine" interaction was probably put in there for nothing more than to showcase the frogs and make money. Shame really, Molag Bal is a good guy compared to ZOS.

ruuc896a4b198.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the Quest Givers mentions these Frogs. It might be the Daily from the Re-Acquisition Board, but not sure. Anyway, there was probably a more complex quest created for this that did not make the game.

However there are several corpses in the game that you are invited to exam to no avail, this is just one group of them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    One of the Quest Givers mentions these Frogs. It might be the Daily from the Re-Acquisition Board, but not sure. Anyway, there was probably a more complex quest created for this that did not make the game.

However there are several corpses in the game that you are invited to exam to no avail, this is just one group of them.

Thank you :-)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dead frogs croak when examined (assuming you have your audio setup correctly). That's it. Sorry!
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the sound seems to be the only thing.

When I first made the thread I was expecting the answer to be something mechanics related with the World Boss Encounter
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    You can say that about the entire game. It's a conspiracy!

B)B)B)

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 9, 2017 4:41AM
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if we should start getting out our tin-foil hats just yet though
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Case closed?