The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is magicka sorcerer actually OP in pvp

hassubhai
hassubhai
✭✭✭
I want an actual answer because its very unclear as to what the general view really is and i dont want zos nerfing magsorc just because the people who want a nerf speak louder or vice versa.
Edited by hassubhai on April 11, 2017 1:22PM

Is magicka sorcerer actually OP in pvp 168 votes

Yes
42%
StamdenSolarikenGilvothderekdew339_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESODeadlyReclusekadardeepseamk20b14_ESOgrendel_esoMJWesslingb14_ESOXsoruspjwb16_ESOIruil_ESOBaron_Atjasmelloni_aleb16_ESOKoensolKhenzykillimandrosb16_ESOSodanTokclocksstoppe 72 votes
No
57%
Joy_Divisiongrim_tacticsKovaJsmallsKasbronskiAenlirTHEDKEXPERIENCEDomanderLarsSdeshah119fr3_ESOjuha.smedsneb18_ESOGilGaladEejit1331SheeyDamien_UvirithArtemiisiaMercer29BramirToRelax 96 votes
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only thing a Sorc can do is shield stack and in a 1v1 that is a bit OP.

In PvP when things are going down, they are easily burned down or nullified more so than any other class.

Templar is much more OP than Sorc at the moment.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope

The most-used builds are just pretty good for 1v1, 1vX and zerg surfing. Unlike many other classes. For many others, most youtube'd builds are either just terrible or good but special-purpose.

That aside, with streak and good shields, it's also fairly easy to become "good" (You have a rather effective way to kite and disengage). Sorcs can do that naturally using builds that are competitive in duels.
    However, they are competitive, not dominant.
    And if played really well, most other builds can kite okay, too.
    Even if some are used to use mistform (sorry magdks and magplars).

In large groups, everything is different anyway. Imho there, stamsorcs (speed support + negate), magplars (heals) and magnbs (VD destros with the best gap closer in the game + nice passives + sap essence) are even more important than good magsorcs (i prefer encase + purge bots with tons of negates). Btw: curse, frags, etc are for small-scale. Either way, I don't see this as "magsorc op" evidence either.

Thus, magsorcs are strong right now. They're also very flexible and fairly easy to play (maybe not at very low skill levels, but beyond that, the way to decent 1vX isn't all too far). But I wouldn't call them OP. They're just not as *** as archers or gankers and obviously easily defeat zergbombers in 1v1 situations. But imho that's those buld's fault, not sorc OP'ness
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think this was 1.6 with all these sorc threads.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah, it is one of the strongest though. Stam DK is up there with it.

Mainly because you can play defensive with good survivability and still have burst potential. Magica templar is crazy good for staying alive, but outnumbered, going offensive is really hard.

When the heavy armor meta goes though and people are back in light and medium (if CP changes forces that next patch), mag sorc will be so much stronger than other classes though.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I honestly can't see why people are complaining Sorcs are OP in the current meta.

I mean, in a 1v1 situation I can see why some would think that, but against good players that run good rotations, those shields get burned and the bursts just melt Sorcs.

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    mSorc is totally out of control this patch, half of PC EU Cyrodiil jumped already on the bandwagon. Raw damage, pressure uptime and shield stacking together makes it THE best xv1 class by far and still incredibly strong in 1v1, while still being a potent negate/destro ult bot for zerg settings.

There is no other class who can burst as frequent and as dangerous as a mSorc with so much uncounterable damage, for very little effort (this patch, hi haunting and destro ult). Everything in your average mSorcs arsenal has the potential to hit incredibly hard and lines up far too easy (curse, frags, wrath explosion, fire heavies and last but not least destro ult).

It was once an art to line up burst well with mSorc, now you have to be very unfortunate to not just burst people by accident.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    mSorc is totally out of control this patch, half of PC EU Cyrodiil jumped already on the bandwagon. Raw damage, pressure uptime and shield stacking together makes it THE best xv1 class by far and still incredibly strong in 1v1, while still being a potent negate/destro ult bot for zerg settings.

There is no other class who can burst as frequent and as dangerous as a mSorc with so much uncounterable damage, for very little effort (this patch, hi haunting and destro ult). Everything in your average mSorcs arsenal has the potential to hit incredibly hard and lines up far too easy (curse, frags, wrath explosion, fire heavies and last but not least destro ult).

It was once an art to line up burst well with mSorc, now you have to be very unfortunate to not just burst people by accident.

But my mNB has access to the same ult, same gear, better spammable damage move, better passive healing and crit damage, a comparable burst with merciless and the best hard CC in game.

Sorcs are good, no question there, but if they were OP, I certainly would have noticed a considerable loss of performance when I switched up to mNB
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    They need to get harder to play. Obviously I am all for nerfs (mostly to shields) since that solves the same problem too.
    In the middle of the pack (not noob, not 3 years of experience), they have easier time killing others than others have killing them.
    There is no excuse for it. That has to be addressed no matter what (and only that what should bring heated up debates)
    Edited by SodanTok on April 11, 2017 7:20PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I haven't worried about a magsorc since the patch when Imperial City came out. For those that are complaining about shield stacking ... c'mon ... it's 6 seconds. It used to be 20. Dudes would just stand around and clap at you until their ultimate was ready. Now it's way better.

Stamsorcs are a much bigger problem, but due to the hurricane nerf, not nearly to the level they were during the early winter.

Anyway, I truly don't think any one class is OP nowadays. Every class, however, can be OP in the right hands and without a meta build.

Quick note about meta builds: Don't use them. The moment they have become popular enough to get put on a YouTube video, you should already understand that it's too late. The best players all adjust really quickly and have figured out something innovative that would break most people's brains. You'll get a few extra kills out of them, sure, but you'll spend millions of gold just to be the same (target) as everyone else.
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

In PvP when things are going down, they are easily burned down or nullified more so than any other class.

You make me sad... Magplar is in a horrible place for solo pvp rn

Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Magic sorc OP? Nah

I bet you meant to say magic orc.
    And in that case, yes it is OP.
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    No
    1 v 1 they are really tough to deal with... even so with the current meta build for it.. but i would not say mag sorc is op tho... Shield stacking is not op .. every class can shield stack if they chose to do so..
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    everyone knows that it is true.
    sorcerer can do far more damage and survive better than all the other classes.
    it has been that way since beta 2013.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

That's just crazy. I'll say a healthplar can survive the best. Id say stam NB during the height of proc sets had better burst, and I can just go through the immortal DK days, the Cloak needs nerfed days, the jesus beam neexs nerf days, the incap needs nerf days, the reflect needs nerf days.

Etc etc etc
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 11, 2017 8:22PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You'd think this was 1.6 with all these sorc threads.

well pre 1.6 it was all about the dks in robes :D
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aspects of Magsorcs are a little over the top, but mostly what makes Magsorcs "OP" is shield stacking, but that's not class specific; however, Magsorcs utilize it best. I think they need to address shield stacking, and maybe reduce the timer of Fury to 2 seconds, but that's about it.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No

But my mNB has access to the same ult, same gear, better spammable damage move, better passive healing and crit damage, a comparable burst with merciless and the best hard CC in game.

Sorcs are good, no question there, but if they were OP, I certainly would have noticed a considerable loss of performance when I switched up to mNB

You can't compare fragments with merciless because merciless has a cooldown while the cooldown of frags is RNG based which means it can potentially proc several times in a row what makes it much stronger (even if the overall average damage is the same).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

You can't compare fragments with merciless because merciless has a cooldown while the cooldown of frags is RNG based which means it can potentially proc several times in a row what makes it much stronger (even if the overall average damage is the same).

What if I told you I was comparing it to Curse/Prey? I never defined what I was comparing it to, just that it could be. Of course Sorc has some elements better than NB, never meant to make it sound like Sorc had nothing going for it (it does) but it's just not OP.

Sets might be OP, but not the sorc itself.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    No

In a 1v1 if you xan take a sorcs shields and health down all in one burst your doing something wring. Sorcs shields are terrible in all situations
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    No

Heavy is the meta. If you cant insta kill a sorcs your doing aomething wrong and you need a new build
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Fodore wrote: »

Lop magplars in heavy are the best class
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

What if I told you I was comparing it to Curse/Prey? I never defined what I was comparing it to, just that it could be. Of course Sorc has some elements better than NB, never meant to make it sound like Sorc had nothing going for it (it does) but it's just not OP.

curse/prey you will jsut apply onyour enemy and forget about it until it will end to recast, nb need to proc it with light attacks and then it can be easy blocked, dodged, missed etc and its stupid because its very shor cast time but when you will to fast swap weapond, block or rolldodge it will just cancel and waste and again you need to charge it with light attacks etc
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like an other option, as the majority of sorcs are super easy to take down. However, coming from Azuras as a stam DK, sorcs are also the one class that I occasionally run into that can simply just shield and run away until I run out of resources from gap closing at which point they can turn around and burst me down. But I'm talking about maybe a few players no more than 5. So I think it can be op. For example stam DK that I run into can either hit really hard or be tanky but do no damage to the point I can ignore them. NBs can be dealt with through careful sustain even the good ones and Temps aren't too tough usually. But again I come across the odd sorc whose health just won't go below half even with three people hacking away at them.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fodore wrote: »

BC the core of this game is built around solo play....
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hey guys...who has the best chicken wings....Burger King or Taco Bell?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edziu wrote: »

curse/prey you will jsut apply onyour enemy and forget about it until it will end to recast, nb need to proc it with light attacks and then it can be easy blocked, dodged, missed etc and its stupid because its very shor cast time but when you will to fast swap weapond, block or rolldodge it will just cancel and waste and again you need to charge it with light attacks etc

I learned this the hard way last night. My gosh does NB need to be un-screwed.

Edit: @Malamar1229 does Taco Bell even offer wings?
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 14, 2017 4:44PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The stupid shield stacking kills a good 1vX
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just very spoiled, has a lot of players willing to forum warrior for it. Its the basic class of ESO, its easy to learn, easy to master has little drawback and the forum warriors actively get other classes nuked with a clever defense.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    the real problem is that the developers do not actively and daily play eso.
    you might see them play for 1 video or a short presentation but they are not playing daily like we are.
    so they really do not know what we see and what we are meaning when we request nerfs or buffs.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Just very spoiled, has a lot of players willing to forum warrior for it. Its the basic class of ESO, its easy to learn, easy to master has little drawback and the forum warriors actively get other classes nuked with a clever defense.

It's not easy to master. The spine behind the class just happens to be much more forgiving to inexperienced players, and make the experienced players all the more resilient.

True mastery means being able to use the class effectively without those crutches.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on April 14, 2017 5:20PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.