The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVP for Shield Furnishings

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I don't PvP...at all. Don't like it. Have no interest in it. I've played since beta and didn't even know until this past fall that there were skill trees for PvP, and that some people PvP to get those skills for PvE.

I really hate PvP.

I do, however, really love housing, and I'd like to get two shields from each alliance to hang in my castle. It looks like they are 20k AP per shield.

So, if I want to take a character to Cyrodiil for 40k AP in their respective faction, what's the easiest way to accomplish that? How long is it likely to take?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grab a restoration staff, follow a big crowd and heal people. Stay with the crowd, don't chase or go off on your own.

But some wall and door repair kits with gold, equip and use them whenever an enemy damages your keep.

Be present for the 'tick' when your faction zergs a keep down, that's usually worth 5-10K alone. You only need like four of those.

When you die, respawn. You just lost NOTHING. Get back into the Zerg and get more AP. Laugh it off, nobody is hurting you for reals. Don't take it so seriously.

If you can't kill someone, or you need help, bring more people. Send a tell in /zone. Ask people to join PUG groups.

You might find that you actually enjoy PVP. It's fun.
    Edited by Minalan on April 10, 2017 6:03PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice if you are dead set on avoiding PvP combat is to either

A ) run around flipping resource nodes - just cap the flag and move on to the next. It's 1500 AP per flag (+20% more if you kill a delve boss to get the 1hr buff). You could also do the scout and resource capture quests you pick up at your base - they give 2k base AP each.

B ) Do the town quests as fast as possible - they only give 250 AP each but chances of combat are low-ish. Your faction doesn't need to own the town to do the quests.
    Edited by Solariken on April 10, 2017 6:01PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an achievement tied to those shields? I can't seem to remember. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have to do every quest in a factions territories before unlocking access to buy the shield.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an achievement tied to those shields? I can't seem to remember. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have to do every quest in a factions territories before unlocking access to buy the shield.

That's possible. I did all the PvE quests on my main as part of Tamriel Hero. If that's a requirement for the shields, then all-the-better, since that will be how I get the first chunk of AP.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't necro threads like that, okay?
    :smile:

You need the Hero achievement for your primary alliance to unlock it. So Dominion Hero for a yellow character, for example.
    You can only access your own alliance shields. So, even if your red character has the Dominion Hero achievement, you cannot buy it.
    The achievement itself requires you to do non-repeatable quests in the provinces. I don't think it is every single quests, but it's a lot quests!

To gain AP, just follow big groups and participate in succesful keep offenses/defenses. If you kill a delve boss in Cyro, you get a 20% AP boost for an hour, use it! Healing helps, repairing helps. And if you absolutely can't face human players, taking resources and towns is pretty PvE-ish and helps your alliance on top of good AP!
    d(^_^)

You might need alliance ranks, anyway. For Vigor and mayyyyybe Proxy/Inevitable Det.
    AP, if done right, are also pretty easy to get. Easier than gold. You can comfortably buy set items with it from The Golden. The alliance pots also make for a cheap alternative to crafted potions. Hell, I've used them 'til round 9 in VMA! And Akaviri stave motifs are just beautiful. Could also sell 'em.

So, what I'm getting it is your time won't be wasted in Cyrodiil. Just relax and gather the AP at a comfortable pace, don't burn yourself out. You'll get there, gain goodies on the way, and can enjoy those AWESOME shields, knowing you helped your alliance in both PvE and PvP! Decorate with pride!
    :wink:
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    So, what I'm getting it is your time won't be wasted in Cyrodiil. Just relax and gather the AP at a comfortable pace, don't burn yourself out. You'll get there, gain goodies on the way, and can enjoy those AWESOME shields, knowing you helped your alliance in both PvE and PvP! Decorate with pride!

Well, I have no vested interest in how my alliance, or any alliance, does in PvP. Were it up to me, it would be a PvE-only game. But the shields do look really nifty. :D

Now that I know the shields are intended to be a PvE reward, I may just wait for them to get moved to the city vendors. Doing the delves, shards, and PvE quests in Cyrodiil for the various PvE meta achievements was agony, so if I never have to go to Cyrodiil again I'd be a happy camper.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is also a possible solution.
    Just be warned, ZOS have a notorious notoriety of taking their time to implement features. You might run out of patience along the way.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    That is also a possible solution.
    Just be warned, ZOS have a notorious notoriety of taking their time to implement features. You might run out of patience along the way.

Good point. If that happens, at least I know what to do.