The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Meeting other faction player means instant death

rhymer
rhymer
✭✭
Neither I nor my wife can't understand how can it be. We are both quite succesfully play in PVE but we tried to entered PVP zones some time ago. And is is extremely frustrating that any other player of the opposite faction means almost instant death (less than 20 seconds) for both of us - even if there is only one enemy against two of us? How can it be?! On the other hand we are unable to make even minor damage to them! What is the problem? We are not interesting in PVP, we just want to be able to protect ourselves while making Cyrodiil or Imperial City quests.

Best Answer

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think anyone else has mentioned this, but your CP165 is low, and if you go into CP enabled campaigns like Trueflame you will get demolished by CP600 players easily, even if there are two of you.

Compared to CP 165, CP 600 players will have around 20% more offensive powers, 20% more defensive mitigations, 20% more regeneration, 10% less skill costs and a whole plethora of other useful passives. Because of this, people will purposely target you for an easy kill, which makes it even more frustrating for you.

I would suggest the two of you go to Azuras Star (NA) to get your feet wet with PvP until you are closer to the 500 mark in CP.
    Answer ✓
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rhymer wrote: »
    Neither I nor my wife can't understand how can it be. We are both quite succesfully play in PVE but we tried to entered PVP zones some time ago. And is is extremely frustrating that any other player of the opposite faction means almost instant death (less than 20 seconds) for both of us - even if there is only one enemy against two of us? How can it be?! On the other hand we are unable to make even minor damage to them! What is the problem? We are not interesting in PVP, we just want to be able to protect ourselves while making Cyrodiil or Imperial City quests.

The problem is you are the biggest noob possible to meet in cyrodil.

You need to understand PvP is extremely different to PvE.

In PvP, you need to be able to BURST, and SURVIVE ALONE.

You can't DPS player like boss, they heal themselves, you need to do the more damage in the less time possible.
    You can't just do damage, because there is no healer for make your survivability OK, you need to do yourself, by blocking, dodging, healing, shielding, depending on what you play.

You are like a baby in a middle of poisonous sneak,you need to learn everything from A to Z? because PvP is an other world.

Tell us what you play, so we can help you to start.
  • rhymer
    rhymer
    ✭✭
    I'm a nightblade khajit (20 points health, 43 stamina) cp165. I'm using duals. Mundus stone is the Shadow. wearing Hunding's rage set and two afflicted rings. Being killed instantly. My wife is a sorc healer.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest heavy armor with impenetrable trait. That helps to survive the initial burst.

If you always play duo, the alliance war ability "guard" can help you a lot - it makes part of the damage meant for the guarded player be redirected to the guarding player instead, so for example a tanky character (you) can protect a healer (your wife) and the enemy will have harder time killing you both because he has to split his damage between two targets, making it easier to heal through his damage.

Being successful in PvE won't really help you in PvP, it's a completely different beast, but with the above, the two of you should at least be hard enough to kill for solo enemies to look for easier targets (assuming one of you *is* a healer).
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a nightblade khajit (20 points health, 43 stamina) cp165.

IMO, it's better to put all your attribute points in stamina. More stamina means a better pool and better damage (because your damage scales on your maximum stamina too).

My wife is a sorc healer.

I just want to say it's cool. I like Templar healers, but I love to see people play something "different". I myself enjoy a lot to heal with my Nightblade.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a nightblade khajit (20 points health, 43 stamina) cp165. I'm using duals. Mundus stone is the Shadow. wearing Hunding's rage set and two afflicted rings. Being killed instantly. My wife is a sorc healer.

Ok, first, you need 64 points into stamina, you will be better in PvE and PvP.

Follow this kind of guide for strating.

https://youtu.be/_NFq6y1wyEY

You Wife, as a sorcerer healer can not really perform in cyrodil, she need to do damage, heal and shield, look that build :

https://youtu.be/LLNYN90ndIk?list=PLbj_fTIG6eXWcVZzWUqjKQXtDwQ1dRiLa
  • rhymer
    rhymer
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your advice! But if I redestribute all the points int ostamina my health will be extremely low! I'm being instantly killed before I can understand that I'm under attack even now - won't it decrease my survivability even more?!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We could give you PVP advice but you just want to quest. Best advice is to skip the Cyro quests. They are really dull fetch/carry/kill 3 things kind of quests and there's no way to do them in PVE safety. They aren't worth it.

Failing that... going to a campaign where your faction is dominating at the moment for the IC and capturable town quests will reduce your exposure to PVP. Vlasterus and Cropsford both require you capture town flags to interact with quest givers. The quests around Cyro and in non-capturable towns can be done on any quiet server off hours. Most PVP happens on the edges, so even if you are blue and the server red, you can go deep into red territory and probably not see a single player.

Many guilds have IC questing events and people are grouping to do Cyro dailies right now for the boxes. While being in a larger group of PVE'ers is by no means much protection against PVP'ers... it is a little deterrence and if you wipe at least you can all laugh about it.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

We could give you PVP advice but you just want to quest. Best advice is to skip the Cyro quests. They are really dull fetch/carry/kill 3 things kind of quests and there's no way to do them in PVE safety. They aren't worth it.

Failing that... going to a campaign where your faction is dominating at the moment for the IC and capturable town quests will reduce your exposure to PVP. Vlasterus and Cropsford both require you capture town flags to interact with quest givers. The quests around Cyro and in non-capturable towns can be done on any quiet server off hours. Most PVP happens on the edges, so even if you are blue and the server red, you can go deep into red territory and probably not see a single player.

Many guilds have IC questing events and people are grouping to do Cyro dailies right now for the boxes. While being in a larger group of PVE'ers is by no means much protection against PVP'ers... it is a little deterrence and if you wipe at least you can all laugh about it.

It requires you to kill the guards in the middle, you do not need to capture anything.

In fact if you're questing, it's best not to capture a single flag but just to kill the guards when they respawn.

Your most effective means is actually to go to any Completely dominated Cyrodiil and quest there, most players will not travel to questing towns and if you never set off a big ass beacon saying "I'm the only enemy in town!" you'll find questing quite uneventful. Sure you gotta ride a while but it's worth the serenity.

If I just wanna do quests this is by far the best means.

As for survival, if you're a medium heavy damage type, it's kill before being killed, not so much about survival at all. Quite frankly, atm, you're probably the worst choice for PvP. With all the heavy armor and light armor players, you'll be out paced most times.

I suggest going to a nearly empty campaign (such as No CP on xbox) to avoid players if you can
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It requires you to kill the guards in the middle, you do not need to capture anything.

Hmm... Well I couldn't kill the guards without flagging the town. Something about having no range.

We don't have any empty servers on PC NA, and no consistently one color buff servers. I guess it depends on where the OP is.
    Edited by NBrookus on April 9, 2017 10:17PM
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your advice! But if I redestribute all the points int ostamina my health will be extremely low! I'm being instantly killed before I can understand that I'm under attack even now - won't it decrease my survivability even more?!

For your armor, are you wearing impen on any of your gear? If not that would also explain a lot for you being easy to kill.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best advise I can give is to not worry about getting killed. Don't take it personally. Don't get upset. Don't let your heart start pumping to point that you're almost shaking. Think of getting those quests more like a marathon than a sprint - yeah, it might take a number of times traveling to wherever again if you both get wiped, but it's a marathon! Watch what happens in the fights, and find what works and what doesn't (something will work eventually!). But don't let it get to you, and keep at it until you get it. By then you might just find that you actually enjoy PvP! :o
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    What sever are you on? Fastest way for you to learn is in game.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    The best advise I can give is to not worry about getting killed. Don't take it personally. Don't get upset. Don't let your heart start pumping to point that you're almost shaking. Think of getting those quests more like a marathon than a sprint - yeah, it might take a number of times traveling to wherever again if you both get wiped, but it's a marathon! Watch what happens in the fights, and find what works and what doesn't (something will work eventually!). But don't let it get to you, and keep at it until you get it. By then you might just find that you actually enjoy PvP! :o

^This is good advice; be prepared to die a lot, but try to work out why each time. Look at your death recap, try to learn what the most common skills that kill you look like, sound like and how to avoid them (dodge, block etc). Another thing that occured to me is that you might be holding each other back; you might learn faster if you both try to pvp solo for a bit. The best duos are made up of players who can solo.
    PC | EU
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome please leave your plastic weapons at the door :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Health glyphs help a lot with this. They give you a flat amount of health boost. If you get somewhere close to 25k health you should be fine.

When you and the wife enter Cyordiil, after some build adjusting, you need to both pay attention to your surroundings. Formulate battle plans, have an escape route in mind, and most importantly-- work together as a team!

If you do all of those, questing should be a breeze. And you'll have fun covering each other backs.
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rhymer

Something different:

I also ventured as a stamblade into Cyrodil without having the faintest idea of what life there is like. To be honest, at that point I had very little idea what ESO end-game life is like (PvP is basically end-game, for many players). I survived by equipping a great set called Night's Silence, and by sneaking through the map. What doesn't see you doesn't kill you.

It won't help you to survive hostile encounters, but it makes movement near towns much easier. I've never heard of a magsorc wearing Night's Silence, but I guess that an undercover healer could be fun.

Note: Night's Silence makes you sneak faster. Other than that, it is not to be advised for actual combat.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good advice in the thread. Other thing to keep in mind is that many people only pvp. You may be fighting someone who has hundreds or thousands of hours of pvp experience.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZPvP has an extremely steep learning curve and it is nothing like PvE at all. You need different sets, traits, skills, cps, and a totally different fighting style.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a morale crushing nightmare for quite awhile when you first try it...and a few months into it...and even on bad days for those who've been doing it since launch. Cyrodiil is packed with people who endured that nightmare and adjusted to it with the help of guilds in some cases and just trial and error in others.
    If PvP is something you want to stick with, I'd suggest you both join a supportive guild that can help with adjusting to life in Cyrodiil.

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now to the most important point:

Your wife CAN perform VERY WELL as a small group healer, ignore the second video. It is your responsibility to survive long enough, and to keep pressure on the guys who attack her. Use Vigor and mass hysteria, dodge, dodge dodge.

Here is how to do it:

Skills:
    http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/de/teilen/16857/
    Remember she also has a third bar for utility skills like teleport, roots, or mines... or for a quick kill.

How to heal:
    Press the key for Twilight Matriarch. Easy as that. Sometimes purge. The rest of the time is for killing things.

Equipment:
    Infernal Guardian; Reactive Heavy armor with magicka enchantment; Elegance jewelry and 2 swords (spell damage enchantment).

Edited by Thraben on April 10, 2017 2:50PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few things ...

- Heavy Armor is your friend
    - As stated above if you want to be successful in Cyrodiil you must be able to heal, tank AND (not or) DPS at any given moment. At least DPS and heal.
    - Shields cannot be crit.
    - If you're low on health one wacky trick is to wear 2 unmatched monster pieces each with a 1 piece health bonus.
    - Keep in mind that if it looks like a trap, it's probably a trap. If it doesn't look like a trap, it's definitely a trap. And if it definitely looks like a trap, then you're getting farmed for Alliance Points.
    - You do not need a supercool offensive rotation in Cyrodiil. Most players can be taken out with less than 3 abilities being spammed. Use every other available slot for some sort of defense. Mist Form is a game changer, for example. There are no points for artistic integrity. If you can kill someone just by spamming A then spam A.
    - ALWAYS have your ultimate ready.
    - Big groups are often one trick destro ultimate ponies. Countless posters have complained about this but dying to a destro ultimate train is your own fault 95% of the time, the other 5% being Vicious Death's fault. All you have to do is avoid fighting large balls of people in enclosed spaces, because all you have to do is move laterally. A destro ultimate train almost always goes forward, never side to side. This is one of those things you pick up after a thousand hours of PVP that can't be learned on a spreadsheet.
    - Have potions available for many situations. I have invisibility + speed and immovable + health + health recovery + magic + magic recovery potions ready at all times.
    - For god sakes eat some food each hour.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avoiding PvP in, say, IC has become more difficult since they reduced the number of campaigns, unless you play at very odd hours. If you really just want to quest, I concur with the Night's Silence set recommendation. Furthermore you might combine that with Night Mother's Embrace, which reduces the stamina cost of sneak. It also helps to level Legerdemain for further cost reduction.

The equivalent set for a magsorc is Shadow Dancer. You might use Dark Deal to restore stamina.

In case PvPers are coming your way, use cloak. Invisibility is a much stronger form of stealth. You can get the equivalent buff from an Invisibility potion. Speed and Detection potions also help. I play a magblade, and I use the Skooma Smuggler set to combine a speed buff, in stealth, with magicka-centric potions.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really don't want to be seen in cyrodil early on stay hidden until you've got some idea of strategy with build and play style but don't be discouraged choose your battles more carefully
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought? Welcome to the Champion Point Imbalance. (has that been fixed in the last 18 months?)

My second? Are you below max level and have zero CP? Limit yourself to the non-CP campaigns.(NM, just read your CP#s).

Also, work your guild contacts and see if anyone is in a campaign where your alliance is dominating. Go there with the "change to a friends campaign".
    Edited by Darlgon on April 11, 2017 12:35AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few things ...

- Heavy Armor is your friend
    - As stated above if you want to be successful in Cyrodiil you must be able to heal, tank AND (not or) DPS at any given moment. At least DPS and heal.
    - Shields cannot be crit.
    - If you're low on health one wacky trick is to wear 2 unmatched monster pieces each with a 1 piece health bonus.
    - Keep in mind that if it looks like a trap, it's probably a trap. If it doesn't look like a trap, it's definitely a trap. And if it definitely looks like a trap, then you're getting farmed for Alliance Points.
    - You do not need a supercool offensive rotation in Cyrodiil. Most players can be taken out with less than 3 abilities being spammed. Use every other available slot for some sort of defense. Mist Form is a game changer, for example. There are no points for artistic integrity. If you can kill someone just by spamming A then spam A.
    - ALWAYS have your ultimate ready.
    - Big groups are often one trick destro ultimate ponies. Countless posters have complained about this but dying to a destro ultimate train is your own fault 95% of the time, the other 5% being Vicious Death's fault. All you have to do is avoid fighting large balls of people in enclosed spaces, because all you have to do is move laterally. A destro ultimate train almost always goes forward, never side to side. This is one of those things you pick up after a thousand hours of PVP that can't be learned on a spreadsheet.
    - Have potions available for many situations. I have invisibility + speed and immovable + health + health recovery + magic + magic recovery potions ready at all times.
    - For god sakes eat some food each hour.

The bolded part is incorrect. If there is a stack of enemies on the sides and the destro train got storms running, you can be sure they won't go in a straight line. Unless it's a potato train :trollface:

Best tip is to stay as far away from stacks of allies when you see the fiery clouds of doom.
    Edited by Master_Kas on April 11, 2017 2:06AM
    EU | PC
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, by the way, my PvP skill only took off when duelling was introduced. Yes, there were duelling guilds before, but with One Tamriel everyone was doing it. I think it's important to start PvP against people of your own level, otherwise it is very disheartening. So I have a suggestion: Maybe duel each other :).
    Edited by fred4 on April 11, 2017 2:26AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry man. After you pay enough pvp tax , you will start understanding the basics on which you will later build your own play style.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make sure to use food that boosts health+stam or use the tri-stat food. It would get you to around 20k health. If you get jumped ln from stealth, break free, dodgeroll and stealth. Pop a pot, and go on the offensive. But you need good burst.

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    When someone attacks you just use your invis spell and res your wife after they kill her and leave.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    When someone attacks you just use your invis spell and res your wife after they kill her and leave.

that just sounds so crazy without any context to it...what the heck are we all doing exactly with our free time :p

lot's of great suggestions...if you want to do the quests without being preyed upon - stealth and an empty map will be your best friends...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place