The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Sale Please! I Want To Give You My Money!

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
When is the next Crown store sale? Do it!
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my fingers crossed for next week. Zos will get $100 from me.
    Edited by imnotanother on March 31, 2017 6:30PM
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've made up my decision not to give in and purchase anymore crowns until ZOS stops being so damn greedy by only putting quality items into the crate store.

I'm not purchasing anymore crowns until ZOS redeems themselves by giving us quality items, and not some stupid crap like a broom or a basket hat.

ZOS should bring back preciously and current crate items, and put them into the regular store at a severe reduce price.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    But the broom is awesome.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I raise you.

$200.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I raise you.

$200.

I'll bump it to $300
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made up my decision not to give in and purchase anymore crowns until ZOS stops being so damn greedy by only putting quality items into the crate store.

I'm not purchasing anymore crowns until ZOS redeems themselves by giving us quality items, and not some stupid crap like a broom or a basket hat.

ZOS should bring back preciously and current crate items, and put them into the regular store at a severe reduce price.

Yeah, that wouldn't majorly *** off the people who got those items in crates. It ain't happening.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's quality for one is stupid crap to someone else.

Heck, I think it's great Zos adds a variety of items to suit the taste and sometimes humor of a larger group of players. While I won't buy the broom it's pretty cool idea.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want you to give them your money, that's why there's no sale. If you want to give them your money - buy the crowns, they are available for the purchase right now.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    They want you to give them your money, that's why there's no sale. If you want to give them your money - buy the crowns, they are available for the purchase right now.
    The purpose of this thread sailed right over your head.

Only buy crowns when they are on sale - pro shopping tip.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep have £100 set aside for a sale, I am looking forward to an anniversary sale :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its that too many people are buying them at regular price.
    Why discount them almost 50% if people are throwing money at them as it is?
    Edited by Katahdin on March 31, 2017 8:18PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Because people like me buy up 50,000+ crowns when they are are sale.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to give them your money, you'd just buy the crowns.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »

+1

Yea!! i'm in for 50K Clowns if sale is on...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The anniversary is really soon. Might be this Tuesday.

We will be able to get double xp from our cakes again!! :)

I think we have a good shot at seeing a Crown Sale for the duration of the anniversary event.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

They announced the 2016 event on March 29th. They might repeat that schedule - announce on a Tuesday to start the following Sunday - but I doubt the anniversary event is going to start before April 16.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/03/29/celebrate-esos-anniversary

signing off
  • Xariz
    Xariz
    ✭✭
    Im really hoping they do a sale also. Would seem like a good time to do it during the anniversary event.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

They announced the 2016 event on March 29th. They might repeat that schedule - announce on a Tuesday to start the following Sunday - but I doubt the anniversary event is going to start before April 16.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/03/29/celebrate-esos-anniversary

On the ESO Live today I remember now ZOS said the event itself will begin this Tuesday, so April 4th.

Close enough to last year's event! :)
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the ESO Live today I remember now ZOS said the event itself will begin this Tuesday, so April 4th.
    Close enough to last year's event! :)

Ah. Yes. I stand corrected.

Weird that they didn't release a short teaser article right before the weekend, though.

Maybe somebody should make a 2017 celebration thread. No. Not me. These days, small violins play every time I walk past a bakery...
    signing off
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting on my manor house until the sale is on..that and I'm afraid a cooler one will come out right after I buy one.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the more you tell zos that you want to buy crowns the less likely they are to put them on sale.

And I wouldn't expect a sale anytime soon. Probably not before they implement some more benefits for eso plus (as crown sales devalue the crowns subscribers get). My guess is we will see a sale around the time morrowind launches, as a way to encourage new and returning players to use the crown store.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it didn't. The purpose of selling crowns sailed right over yours though.

The sales were only needed if crowns weren't generating enough money. Apparently now with the crown crates and morrowind there is enough money, to the point that the additional money they'd get from you is less than what they'd lose from those who are buying crowns anyway. Thus - no sale.

That pro tip is meh, since the sales aren't guaranteed, especially if they get more clients who aren't cheap.
    Edited by Artis on April 1, 2017 7:56AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Protip: crown sales are why everything is expensive as sin
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sales were only needed if crowns weren't generating enough money. Apparently now with the crown crates and morrowind there is enough money, to the point that the additional money they'd get from you is less than what they'd lose from those who are buying crowns anyway. Thus - no sale.

That pro tip is meh, since the sales aren't guaranteed, especially if they get more clients who aren't cheap.

rekt

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/10/join-the-eso-free-play-week
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Wow, the more you tell zos that you want to buy crowns the less likely they are to put them on sale.

And I wouldn't expect a sale anytime soon. Probably not before they implement some more benefits for eso plus (as crown sales devalue the crowns subscribers get). My guess is we will see a sale around the time morrowind launches, as a way to encourage new and returning players to use the crown store.

rekt to you too <3

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/10/join-the-eso-free-play-week
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rekt

who? So they lost players and/or want to increase interest before Morrowind. Just as predicted. Not enough - so they sell.

The point is, if OP wanted to give them his money - he would without a sale.
  • Skjoldur
    Skjoldur
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that wouldn't majorly *** off the people who got those items in crates. It ain't happening.

True, but the current system is as buggy as the group finder.

Usually it should be like this: Gamble with a small amount of money for a small chance to win something nice or pay more money to buy the same item directly.

Right now its "gamble for a lot of money and buy never"... Guess we can be happy they didn't put the Warden in a crown crate...
    Edited by Skjoldur on April 10, 2017 10:10PM
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

rekt

who? So they lost players and/or want to increase interest before Morrowind. Just as predicted. Not enough - so they sell.

The point is, if OP wanted to give them his money - he would without a sale.

Actually, I am the OP and I only want to give them my money when crowns are on sale plus my subscription fee. Thanks for speaking for me though.