The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Returned to game after a longish break. State of PvP.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baboonezz wrote: »
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    In preparation for Battlegrounds I've recently started playing ESO again but I'm not sure I want to carry on, this is why.

Dominated by Proc sets and Poisons although some skills are still over tuned. Destro ultimate, Negate, Breath of Life.

Black Rose is 100% the only sustain set worth using, Desert Rose is garbage now. Bone Pirate is good but for stamina builds only.

All these skills, poisons and armour sets are stripping away the necessary skill for an enjoyable PvP experience. Is this intended @ZOS_RichLambert? I believe you were trying to get new players to feel comfortable in PvP but is this going to carry on with Morrowind bringing even more new players in?

There's a possibility that Battlegrounds will totally miss out on capturing the PvP gaming community if some of these issues aren't addressed properly. Battlegrounds could be awesome but if it's literally gonna be 2 tanks, one spamming BoL, 1 building destro ulti, a procblade and a Sorc negate, root bot that's just not gonna be fun. There's hardly any skill involved in that. Real PvP players need to be able to counter and punish but all of the above cannot be countered.

I think a SERIOUS balance/mechanics update is required along side Battlegrounds, I hope we get that.

Have you really come back, or just parroting half of this board?

Black rose isn't the only sustain set... stam have bone pirate as you mentioned, mag have lich and the possibility of amberplasm for enough regen to break free every 4 seconds.

Dominated by proc sets? Other than maybe monster helm sets I rarely even see viper being used anymore. If a selene or velidreth proc is the sole reason you died, you were gonna die to the next WB or SA anyways... there are so many counters to proc sets now its not funny. Run heavy, run troll king, health pots, stack more into hardy over ele defender, block certain bursts (such as when your rally is refreshed, good NBs will take that as their chance to destroy you, block). This is a dead horse that's beaten so bad it doesn't resemble a horse anymore.

I can't remember the last time a proc set was the sheer reason I died, I do remember the many times GOOD players with proc sets trashed me, but I also remember GOOD players who don't use proc sets and also trash me.

Battlegrounds probably won't have CP (unfortunately) that kills off a lot of these god mode builds.

Their are some over-tuned skills, BoL is NOT one of them, the problem is templars that have 2500+ regen so they can continually spam it. That is their defence.

This is an MMO with many moving parts, there will never be complete balance. If you think their can be, post suggestions to fix it rather than pointing out what every other person does every other day.

EDIT: words

Actually you forgot the n°1 proc set:

Tremorscale

I personally don't see it that much proccing on me, not saying its not used its just my personal experience that selene and velidreth seem to be the most used. But yeah, tremorscale is quite nasty, my stamDK partner in crime uses it for the snare, the damage component icing on the *** cake
    PC EU still has a couple of nasty proctards on Azura. There is one NB, he uses dw and has this halloween hat. I see him jumping on people, killing them in under 1 second. When he got me at some point, I saw the following on the death recap:
    Ambush, viper, surprise attack, velidreth, killers blade. All within the stun duration and with no time to break free. How lame is that.

very lame, and i feel you. for me its not an issue as my build can withstand that but that doesn't mean everyones can, nor should it to a degree. i dunno what to tell you except maybe get miats pvp addon, lets you know if someones targetting you (zos has deemed it legal at this time) and/or magelight on one of your bars

All good advice. On paper. But no amount of magelight will soften the blows. That's just it - if he was ganking me from stealth I could accept it better, since he would be built for that, and able to do only that. But all this guy seems to do is slot ambush and click 1,1,1,1,1,1 - and when his stuff procs, people just crumble. I've seen him, as I wrote earlier, do this to 4-5 guys, just jumping between them until they all laid dead. 1,1,1,1,1. I've been the victim of his "playstyle" as well and that is with a decent health pool and 20k resistances and 2500 impen.
    I'm not whining about it or quitting over it. It's just.... cheesy.

very cheesy, but whats stunning you? ambush only stuns from stealth

Nothing is stunning me I think. In my encounter with the player I wasn't stunned more than from the stealth attack. I was just dead.

apologies, im new to this forum, the person you quoted mentioned the stun. i wish you luck against the proctard, i'm happy to hear you aren't quitting over it, as many have done so before you.
    Yea in my instance he got me from stealth. But as @Jitterbug said, the guy also just destroys people like it's nothing. The burst is unreal. I recognize I am not playing a very tanky build. My playstyle is focussed on mobility, but man it would be nice to have a chance to respond.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Proc sets are not an issue.

I could post many screenshots of "battles" lasting less than a second and the only thing in my recap that is not a proc set is a light attack, but if you so blatantly can claim that they are not an issue I'm not even going to bother.
    against the best players in any faction, ain't gonna do me any good

Just because the very best players can counter it doesn't mean it's not an issue. And skill does not matter if you are killed within the same global cooldown.
    clever alchemist

Not a proc set... at least not in the form we are discussing it here.

Let's not pretend like the proc sets are "fine". They are not. They are cheesy and boring and I'm sad they were added to the game in their current form. They do not promote any form of play and are not helping create a competitive atmosphere.
    Which also answers your question as to why we don't use them ourselves.
    In preparation for Battlegrounds I've recently started playing ESO again but I'm not sure I want to carry on, this is why.

Dominated by Proc sets and Poisons although some skills are still over tuned. Destro ultimate, Negate, Breath of Life.

Black Rose is 100% the only sustain set worth using, Desert Rose is garbage now. Bone Pirate is good but for stamina builds only.

All these skills, poisons and armour sets are stripping away the necessary skill for an enjoyable PvP experience. Is this intended @ZOS_RichLambert? I believe you were trying to get new players to feel comfortable in PvP but is this going to carry on with Morrowind bringing even more new players in?

There's a possibility that Battlegrounds will totally miss out on capturing the PvP gaming community if some of these issues aren't addressed properly. Battlegrounds could be awesome but if it's literally gonna be 2 tanks, one spamming BoL, 1 building destro ulti, a procblade and a Sorc negate, root bot that's just not gonna be fun. There's hardly any skill involved in that. Real PvP players need to be able to counter and punish but all of the above cannot be countered.

I think a SERIOUS balance/mechanics update is required along side Battlegrounds, I hope we get that.

Black rose isn't the only sustain set... stam have bone pirate as you mentioned, mag have lich and the possibility of amberplasm for enough regen to break free every 4 seconds.

Dominated by proc sets? Other than maybe monster helm sets I rarely even see viper being used anymore. If a selene or velidreth proc is the sole reason you died, you were gonna die to the next WB or SA anyways... there are so many counters to proc sets now its not funny. Run heavy, run troll king, health pots, stack more into hardy over ele defender, block certain bursts (such as when your rally is refreshed, good NBs will take that as their chance to destroy you, block). This is a dead horse that's beaten so bad it doesn't resemble a horse anymore.

I can't remember the last time a proc set was the sheer reason I died, I do remember the many times GOOD players with proc sets trashed me, but I also remember GOOD players who don't use proc sets and also trash me.

Battlegrounds probably won't have CP (unfortunately) that kills off a lot of these god mode builds.

Their are some over-tuned skills, BoL is NOT one of them, the problem is templars that have 2500+ regen so they can continually spam it. That is their defence.

This is an MMO with many moving parts, there will never be complete balance. If you think their can be, post suggestions to fix it rather than pointing out what every other person does every other day.

Tremorscale

I personally don't see it that much proccing on me, not saying its not used its just my personal experience that selene and velidreth seem to be the most used. But yeah, tremorscale is quite nasty, my stamDK partner in crime uses it for the snare, the damage component icing on the *** cake
    PC EU still has a couple of nasty proctards on Azura. There is one NB, he uses dw and has this halloween hat. I see him jumping on people, killing them in under 1 second. When he got me at some point, I saw the following on the death recap:
    Ambush, viper, surprise attack, velidreth, killers blade. All within the stun duration and with no time to break free. How lame is that.

very lame, and i feel you. for me its not an issue as my build can withstand that but that doesn't mean everyones can, nor should it to a degree. i dunno what to tell you except maybe get miats pvp addon, lets you know if someones targetting you (zos has deemed it legal at this time) and/or magelight on one of your bars

All good advice. On paper. But no amount of magelight will soften the blows. That's just it - if he was ganking me from stealth I could accept it better, since he would be built for that, and able to do only that. But all this guy seems to do is slot ambush and click 1,1,1,1,1,1 - and when his stuff procs, people just crumble. I've seen him, as I wrote earlier, do this to 4-5 guys, just jumping between them until they all laid dead. 1,1,1,1,1. I've been the victim of his "playstyle" as well and that is with a decent health pool and 20k resistances and 2500 impen.

Nothing is stunning me I think. In my encounter with the player I wasn't stunned more than from the stealth attack. I was just dead.

apologies, im new to this forum, the person you quoted mentioned the stun. i wish you luck against the proctard, i'm happy to hear you aren't quitting over it, as many have done so before you.

No need to apologize @Baboonezz :-) and of course I'm not quitting. It's no where near the end of the world that some people use these, but as an avid and passionate player I feel I must voice my concerns.

Bob on that! Using procs to balance out procs is not what PvP is about. It should be skill vs skill. Its not the first time I've heard this "wear troll king" "wear full heavy" etc. I'd rather be able to react with a heal, skill, shield, buff. To me that's playing the game, not letting some armour do it for you. Same goes for damage procs, I'd really rather not! Combo's aren't even a thing anymore and that's sad.
    PC EU
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

I could post many screenshots of "battles" lasting less than a second and the only thing in my recap that is not a proc set is a light attack, but if you so blatantly can claim that they are not an issue I'm not even going to bother.

Just because the very best players can counter it doesn't mean it's not an issue. And skill does not matter if you are killed within the same global cooldown.
    clever alchemist

Let's not pretend like the proc sets are "fine". They are not. They are cheesy and boring and I'm sad they were added to the game in their current form. They do not promote any form of play and are not helping create a competitive atmosphere.

Tremorscale

No need to apologize @Baboonezz :-) and of course I'm not quitting. It's no where near the end of the world that some people use these, but as an avid and passionate player I feel I must voice my concerns.

So if the only thing in your death recap outside of procs is LA, you died to Selenes/Veli + Viper + LA? That's not a problem with proc sets, that's a personal problem.

If 'the best players can counter them,' which they do all the time, there is no balance issue. Games are balanced around highest potential gameplay, not around scrubs (sorry if it seems rude) that can't figure out how to play against it. At this point it's a simple L2P issue by definition.

Since proc sets were nerfed, I've not died a single time to a single global 100-0 including multiple procs. They can get me low, but I can easily recover and turn the fight around.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »

clever alchemist

Tremorscale

So if the only thing in your death recap outside of procs is LA, you died to Selenes/Veli + Viper + LA? That's not a problem with proc sets, that's a personal problem.

If 'the best players can counter them,' which they do all the time, there is no balance issue. Games are balanced around highest potential gameplay, not around scrubs (sorry if it seems rude) that can't figure out how to play against it. At this point it's a simple L2P issue by definition.

Since proc sets were nerfed, I've not died a single time to a single global 100-0 including multiple procs. They can get me low, but I can easily recover and turn the fight around.

Okay, I'll bite :-)

What would you advise me to do aside form having 24k hp, 20k resist and 2500 impen?

(edit: I should add that I've only had this happen a couple of times and as I wrote earlier it's not make or break... still worth a discussion though)
    Edited by Jitterbug on March 31, 2017 11:38AM
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭

The only times I die now really are to EoTS zerging in which I stupidly did not get out of the way fast enough or to one of those invincible sorcs hitting me with 15km frags, the days of dying to single second proc damage are over.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »
    The only cheap thing in this game are snipers hiding in stealth and sniping &a poison injecting you to death before you can even see them.

"Proc sets are op" is just another way to say I couldn't beat the other guy without looking weak. The only one I agree with is maybe Vipers cause it's 100% guaranteed free damage.

I can deal with proc sets. Most of them you can see and avoid. (Especially the bear one. That's my favorite to fight against because if it hits it rewards the user. But only if it hits ;) )

But viper... We are lucky they got rid of that bug that let that set double proc though. So it could be worse.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

clever alchemist

Tremorscale

I don't use proc sets if I can help it. I have grothdar but I avoid trying to use it if I can.

I use troll King though, but only as a substitute for BoL. Rest of the temps healing kit is useless on its own for PvP(except the purge but eff that cost and snares are a pain lol), Purifying Light is my saving Grace (on up tick, it will always give me the healing I need with troll King.)

And as a magplar I have gained speed boost, dodge chance, snare immunity via 2hander, a 9k shield, and burst via Purifying light-jabs-dawnbreaker. Otherwise I'm riding around finding targets in zergs I can focus on and laying down Purifying Light so the heal proc can give troll King to other players (though I can't confirm/didn't bother to look up if it works on others players while I have the bonus on me.)

Basically there are ways to build around the current meta is what I'm trying to say. Let them run stale sets, embrace the creativity that is the overland sets lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

clever alchemist

Tremorscale

I don't use proc sets if I can help it. I have grothdar but I avoid trying to use it if I can.

I use troll King though, but only as a substitute for BoL. Rest of the temps healing kit is useless on its own for PvP(except the purge but eff that cost and snares are a pain lol), Purifying Light is my saving Grace (on up tick, it will always give me the healing I need with troll King.)

And as a magplar I have gained speed boost, dodge chance, snare immunity via 2hander, a 9k shield, and burst via Purifying light-jabs-dawnbreaker. Otherwise I'm riding around finding targets in zergs I can focus on and laying down Purifying Light so the heal proc can give troll King to other players (though I can't confirm/didn't bother to look up if it works on others players while I have the bonus on me.)

Basically there are ways to build around the current meta is what I'm trying to say. Let them run stale sets, embrace the creativity that is the overland sets lol.

Just to clarify I'm not against proc sets as a whole. A few of them just need to be brought down and few of them brought up.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

clever alchemist

Tremorscale

What would you advise me to do aside form having 24k hp, 20k resist and 2500 impen?

(edit: I should add that I've only had this happen a couple of times and as I wrote earlier it's not make or break... still worth a discussion though)

Impossible to say without watching gameplay. Maybe you aren't reacting fast enough. A lot of times after a stamblade opens and pulls a ambush > Incap > SA with LA + selenes and viper in there in 1-2 seconds, you WILL die from a follow up LA > SA if you don't instantly break free + vigor/roll cancel.

If you have those types of stats, it should be incredibly hard to burst you down and I really don't know why you're complaining. Proc sets are very balanced now and a minor part of total damage combos, there are much more important things in PvP to discuss right now.

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another post, I couldn't play then can't play now.... but I am now out of practice and don't have the great gear everyone else has. Oh and everyone else has been getting better... well some people. This is why I feel like I am clubbing baby seals in non cp campaigns. ZOS doesn't drive me crazy half as much as fellow players.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

clever alchemist

Tremorscale

I'd pull that 2500 impen to 2000. That extra 500 crit resistance means you can pull points from CP crit resistance and place them into dmg reduction or use other traits (like sturdy if you need blocking to matter, well fitted to save you Stam on dodge, etc.)

But then again I'm comfortable running 1500 crit resistance despite the obvious penalties.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Main problem with this game is that you can't play it without feeling you are pigeonholed since you choose your race.

The game itself forces you to go one way or another: min-maxer or proctard

If you don't wanna be a min-maxer, you have to be a proctard.

Biggest problem is when a min-maxer becomes a proctard... that's hell.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

@Baboonezz can you give any source for that?

Every time i´ve asked all people refer to is the statement of eso live that it might be an option for battlegrounds (option as in players choose CP or nonCP queue).

u/IPLAYLUXALOT:
    Will Cp be relevant for it ? Do some classes/races won't be allowed to be a x-member group (for example 4 Nightblade) ? Do you plan on allowing all type of potions (invisibillity one for example) ? If so, will NB cloack finally be fixed ? :(

@ZOS_RichLambert:
    We're leaning towards no CP in BGs right now.
    No plans to restrict class numbers in groups. (we want people to be able to get in as quickly as possible)
    There are also no artificial restrictions on gear/potions/posions.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/332429/transcript-reddit-battlegrounds-aua-30-03-2017

Just in time to not renew my sub :) thx!

No Champ points ... umm no I will participate in that its the point of the issue for me .... Im not sure why you just could not have a non champ point version and a champ point version
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Words ... words ... words.

All of this stuff has merit a few months ago. Cyrodiil is nothing like the OP says anymore. Proc sets mostly just tickle now. In the last few weeks I've had exactly 1 death from just a proc set and, to be honest, that death was all my fault.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All of this stuff has merit a few months ago. Cyrodiil is nothing like the OP says anymore. Proc sets mostly just tickle now. In the last few weeks I've had exactly 1 death from just a proc set and, to be honest, that death was all my fault.

The problem is not proc set killing, but doing dmg

Maybe you don't see killing blows, but they're still there
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

The problem is not proc set killing, but doing dmg

Maybe you don't see killing blows, but they're still there

There is nothing wrong with proc sets doing damage, the problem was when they did 60%+ of all the damage done in a single combo. Back then, people had a reason to complain and call them no-skill sets.

Now, proc sets, even when stacking multiple, do like 20% of a damage combo, which is completely justified. A set proc doing damage is no different than a set proc adding utility, healing, mobility, stuns, stats, etc. They all give advantages it's all about which you want to utilize for your build.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Another post, I couldn't play then can't play now.... but I am now out of practice and don't have the great gear everyone else has. Oh and everyone else has been getting better... well some people. This is why I feel like I am clubbing baby seals in non cp campaigns. ZOS doesn't drive me crazy half as much as fellow players.

The issue isn't how good I am and frankly I don't care about your opinion of me. The issue is that sets are doing half the players work for them which doesn't equate to a good PvP game. These Battlegrounds will never be considered worthy for Esports or even just small broadcasted tournaments if something doesn't change regards to player input. It just won't be competitive enough, though it actually could be and highly entertaining.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on April 2, 2017 10:09AM
    PC EU
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    4 reactive trollplars playing capture the flag
    (Feel free to complete the list)

have phun hun

We don't know rules of victory. Maybe 4 reactive templars won't win because of dmg dealing disability.
    In this case I'm worried more about 4 stamredguardknights with absurd tankiness and high damage.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Edremis
    Edremis

The issue isn't how good I am and frankly I don't care about your opinion of me. The issue is that sets are doing half the players work for them which doesn't equate to a good PvP game. These Battlegrounds will never be considered worthy for Esports or even just small broadcasted tournaments if something doesn't change regards to player input. It just won't be competitive enough, though it actually could be and highly entertaining.

For a rpg game gear should do half of the work. The problem is that not all sets have similar power.
    Sorry for my English ;(
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edremis wrote: »

For a rpg game gear should do half of the work. The problem is that not all sets have similar power.

Gear being very important to the power of your character is one thing. Gear providing RNG based procs and it's own attacks in combat is another story.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Sarru
    Sarru
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just put it here...
    https://youtu.be/Z6Qb_sXPK0Q

And yeah, PvP is horrible atm.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken to using fury/reactive/pirates on no cp for *** and giggles
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    incite wrote: »
    4 reactive trollplars playing capture the flag
    (Feel free to complete the list)

have phun hun

We don't know rules of victory. Maybe 4 reactive templars won't win because of dmg dealing disability.
    In this case I'm worried more about 4 stamredguardknights with absurd tankiness and high damage.

Good point

And the list continues :smile:
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with proc sets currently. I don't use reactive or troll king or Malubeth. I do try to have about 28k health though, that's kinda the line where below that I'll die pretty easily when stunned.