The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returned to game after a longish break. State of PvP.

WillhelmBlack
WillhelmBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In preparation for Battlegrounds I've recently started playing ESO again but I'm not sure I want to carry on, this is why.

Dominated by Proc sets and Poisons although some skills are still over tuned. Destro ultimate, Negate, Breath of Life.

Black Rose is 100% the only sustain set worth using, Desert Rose is garbage now. Bone Pirate is good but for stamina builds only.

All these skills, poisons and armour sets are stripping away the necessary skill for an enjoyable PvP experience. Is this intended @ZOS_RichLambert? I believe you were trying to get new players to feel comfortable in PvP but is this going to carry on with Morrowind bringing even more new players in?

There's a possibility that Battlegrounds will totally miss out on capturing the PvP gaming community if some of these issues aren't addressed properly. Battlegrounds could be awesome but if it's literally gonna be 2 tanks, one spamming BoL, 1 building destro ulti, a procblade and a Sorc negate, root bot that's just not gonna be fun. There's hardly any skill involved in that. Real PvP players need to be able to counter and punish but all of the above cannot be countered.

I think a SERIOUS balance/mechanics update is required along side Battlegrounds, I hope we get that.
PC EU
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Expect a major rebalance with the Morrowind expansion. Including sets.
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    In preparation for Battlegrounds I've recently started playing ESO again but I'm not sure I want to carry on, this is why.

Dominated by Proc sets and Poisons although some skills are still over tuned. Destro ultimate, Negate, Breath of Life.

Black Rose is 100% the only sustain set worth using, Desert Rose is garbage now. Bone Pirate is good but for stamina builds only.

All these skills, poisons and armour sets are stripping away the necessary skill for an enjoyable PvP experience. Is this intended @ZOS_RichLambert? I believe you were trying to get new players to feel comfortable in PvP but is this going to carry on with Morrowind bringing even more new players in?

There's a possibility that Battlegrounds will totally miss out on capturing the PvP gaming community if some of these issues aren't addressed properly. Battlegrounds could be awesome but if it's literally gonna be 2 tanks, one spamming BoL, 1 building destro ulti, a procblade and a Sorc negate, root bot that's just not gonna be fun. There's hardly any skill involved in that. Real PvP players need to be able to counter and punish but all of the above cannot be countered.

I think a SERIOUS balance/mechanics update is required along side Battlegrounds, I hope we get that.

Have you really come back, or just parroting half of this board?

Black rose isn't the only sustain set... stam have bone pirate as you mentioned, mag have lich and the possibility of amberplasm for enough regen to break free every 4 seconds.

Dominated by proc sets? Other than maybe monster helm sets I rarely even see viper being used anymore. If a selene or velidreth proc is the sole reason you died, you were gonna die to the next WB or SA anyways... there are so many counters to proc sets now its not funny. Run heavy, run troll king, health pots, stack more into hardy over ele defender, block certain bursts (such as when your rally is refreshed, good NBs will take that as their chance to destroy you, block). This is a dead horse that's beaten so bad it doesn't resemble a horse anymore.

I can't remember the last time a proc set was the sheer reason I died, I do remember the many times GOOD players with proc sets trashed me, but I also remember GOOD players who don't use proc sets and also trash me.

Battlegrounds probably won't have CP (unfortunately) that kills off a lot of these god mode builds.

Their are some over-tuned skills, BoL is NOT one of them, the problem is templars that have 2500+ regen so they can continually spam it. That is their defence.

This is an MMO with many moving parts, there will never be complete balance. If you think their can be, post suggestions to fix it rather than pointing out what every other person does every other day.

EDIT: words
    Edited by Baboonezz on March 30, 2017 10:57PM
    Are jokes about poop anti-septic?
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 reactive trollplars playing capture the flag
    (Feel free to complete the list)

have phun hun
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baboonezz wrote: »

Black rose isn't the only sustain set... stam have bone pirate as you mentioned, mag have lich and the possibility of amberplasm for enough regen to break free every 4 seconds.

Dominated by proc sets? Other than maybe monster helm sets I rarely even see viper being used anymore. If a selene or velidreth proc is the sole reason you died, you were gonna die to the next WB or SA anyways... there are so many counters to proc sets now its not funny. Run heavy, run troll king, health pots, stack more into hardy over ele defender, block certain bursts (such as when your rally is refreshed, good NBs will take that as their chance to destroy you, block). This is a dead horse that's beaten so bad it doesn't resemble a horse anymore.

I can't remember the last time a proc set was the sheer reason I died, I do remember the many times GOOD players with proc sets trashed me, but I also remember GOOD players who don't use proc sets and also trash me.

Battlegrounds probably won't have CP (unfortunately) that kills off a lot of these god mode builds.

Their are some over-tuned skills, BoL is NOT one of them, the problem is templars that have 2500+ regen so they can continually spam it. That is their defence.

This is an MMO with many moving parts, there will never be complete balance. If you think their can be, post suggestions to fix it rather than pointing out what every other person does every other day.

Actually you forgot the n°1 proc set:

Tremorscale
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Tremorscale

I personally don't see it that much proccing on me, not saying its not used its just my personal experience that selene and velidreth seem to be the most used. But yeah, tremorscale is quite nasty, my stamDK partner in crime uses it for the snare, the damage component icing on the *** cake
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    The only cheap thing in this game are snipers hiding in stealth and sniping &a poison injecting you to death before you can even see them.

"Proc sets are op" is just another way to say I couldn't beat the other guy without looking weak. The only one I agree with is maybe Vipers cause it's 100% guaranteed free damage.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »
    The only cheap thing in this game are snipers hiding in stealth and sniping &a poison injecting you to death before you can even see them.

"Proc sets are op" is just another way to say I couldn't beat the other guy without looking weak. The only one I agree with is maybe Vipers cause it's 100% guaranteed free damage.

You on PC? download miats addon and never got sniped again... and ZoS thinks the addons fine hahaha... removes NB openers and the need to run magelight... its glorious.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tremorscale

I personally don't see it that much proccing on me, not saying its not used its just my personal experience that selene and velidreth seem to be the most used. But yeah, tremorscale is quite nasty, my stamDK partner in crime uses it for the snare, the damage component icing on the *** cake

Yeah thankfully some people have decided to put away the proc sets, especially in Azura's Star where people lean toward sustain options.

I especially haven't seen a lot of the most egregious combo lately, Viper/Tremor, with the exception of a certain GO Stamsorc streamer who still seems to get off on the cheap/dirty kills despite having zero need to resort to such lowly tactics...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proccsets are still main problem why I dont rly enjoy pvp to the fullest. Viper, velidreth, tremorscale, valkyn etc etc

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they know . Watching PVP population steadily decline over 3 years has to show them . Remember when proc Det first appeared and the servers would melt and people were calling it a Zerg buster ? Lol they had to nerf that because the zergs were all running it . They may make enough money off PVE to ignore PVP as long as they like . I hope for PVP sake that's not true but direction after Wrobel took over balance has plummeted south in PVP .
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baboonezz can you give any source for that?

Every time i´ve asked all people refer to is the statement of eso live that it might be an option for battlegrounds (option as in players choose CP or nonCP queue).
    Edited by Derra on March 31, 2017 5:55AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they know . Watching PVP population steadily decline over 3 years has to show them . Remember when proc Det first appeared and the servers would melt and people were calling it a Zerg buster ? Lol they had to nerf that because the zergs were all running it . They may make enough money off PVE to ignore PVP as long as they like . I hope for PVP sake that's not true but direction after Wrobel took over balance has plummeted south in PVP .

well said friend.
    i hope things change.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »
    "Proc sets are op" is just another way to say I couldn't beat the other guy without looking weak.

Or a way of saying "I'm standing on this hill watching a nightblade solo 4-5 guys using only ambush."
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your playing the game for pvp only you might as well leave the game at this point battlegrounds will be a joke and Cyrodill PvP is so broken save yourself the the time.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Every time i´ve asked all people refer to is the statement of eso live that it might be an option for battlegrounds (option as in players choose CP or nonCP queue).

I think that's still what we have. They worded it something like "we are leaning towards no cp".
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tremorscale

PC EU still has a couple of nasty proctards on Azura. There is one NB, he uses dw and has this halloween hat. I see him jumping on people, killing them in under 1 second. When he got me at some point, I saw the following on the death recap:
    Ambush, viper, surprise attack, velidreth, killers blade. All within the stun duration and with no time to break free. How lame is that.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    If your playing the game for pvp only you might as well leave the game at this point battlegrounds will be a joke and Cyrodill PvP is so broken save yourself the the time.

That's not true, it's some easy tweaks that the devs just won't commit to doing through fear of putting off less skilled players.

If they're worried about throwing PvE out of balance then there's a simple solution to that by only allowing specific battlegrounds armour. It can even have its own levelling system, this would honestly be the best solution, sets that only provide the regular stat buffs we see on the 2-4 bonuses of our regular 5 pc sets. Although, a nerf to what I have mentioned in my first post will probably be healthy for PvE in the long run.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 31, 2017 7:45AM
    PC EU
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Tremorscale

PC EU still has a couple of nasty proctards on Azura. There is one NB, he uses dw and has this halloween hat. I see him jumping on people, killing them in under 1 second. When he got me at some point, I saw the following on the death recap:
    Ambush, viper, surprise attack, velidreth, killers blade. All within the stun duration and with no time to break free. How lame is that.

I know him well.
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭

it was said at pax (or some gaming convention they had morrowind showcase) in eso live and on the reddit AUA from today. they said they are strongly leaning towards no CP in bgs, so while not confirmed yet its a higher chance than 50% to happen if you take what they say at face value.

I for one hope they don't or i wasted hours grinding them and I truly believe that it will limit set diversity to a point every mag will run lich and every stam user bone pirates tatters. i believe they can and should look into reducing TTK for PvP without gutting a fantastic system, but its a low hanging fruit for them to remove it.

for example, 120 in middle green tree can see mag users sprint to up regen, 120 in middle blue tree can see medium users dodge roll an attack to set someone off balance which stacks with 75 points in third blue tree and dw off balance passive. without these passives to synergise people will be forced to bump their resource/attack power which means basically bsw/ravager.

disable cp and everyone running bsw/lich and bone tatters/hundings-ravager. does that sound fun to anyone? (ofc this is dps, healers and tank will be even more shoe horned but i wont go into that)

what are we to do against shields without the shieldbreaker cp?

We already have so many useless sets, we may just see even more become useless with the removal.
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭

Tremorscale

very lame, and i feel you. for me its not an issue as my build can withstand that but that doesn't mean everyones can, nor should it to a degree. i dunno what to tell you except maybe get miats pvp addon, lets you know if someones targetting you (zos has deemed it legal at this time) and/or magelight on one of your bars
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tremorscale

very lame, and i feel you. for me its not an issue as my build can withstand that but that doesn't mean everyones can, nor should it to a degree. i dunno what to tell you except maybe get miats pvp addon, lets you know if someones targetting you (zos has deemed it legal at this time) and/or magelight on one of your bars

All good advice. On paper. But no amount of magelight will soften the blows. That's just it - if he was ganking me from stealth I could accept it better, since he would be built for that, and able to do only that. But all this guy seems to do is slot ambush and click 1,1,1,1,1,1 - and when his stuff procs, people just crumble. I've seen him, as I wrote earlier, do this to 4-5 guys, just jumping between them until they all laid dead. 1,1,1,1,1. I've been the victim of his "playstyle" as well and that is with a decent health pool and 20k resistances and 2500 impen.
    I'm not whining about it or quitting over it. It's just.... cheesy.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

u/IPLAYLUXALOT:
    Will Cp be relevant for it ? Do some classes/races won't be allowed to be a x-member group (for example 4 Nightblade) ? Do you plan on allowing all type of potions (invisibillity one for example) ? If so, will NB cloack finally be fixed ? :(

@ZOS_RichLambert:
    We're leaning towards no CP in BGs right now.
    No plans to restrict class numbers in groups. (we want people to be able to get in as quickly as possible)
    There are also no artificial restrictions on gear/potions/posions.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/332429/transcript-reddit-battlegrounds-aua-30-03-2017
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »

Tremorscale

All good advice. On paper. But no amount of magelight will soften the blows. That's just it - if he was ganking me from stealth I could accept it better, since he would be built for that, and able to do only that. But all this guy seems to do is slot ambush and click 1,1,1,1,1,1 - and when his stuff procs, people just crumble. I've seen him, as I wrote earlier, do this to 4-5 guys, just jumping between them until they all laid dead. 1,1,1,1,1. I've been the victim of his "playstyle" as well and that is with a decent health pool and 20k resistances and 2500 impen.

very cheesy, but whats stunning you? ambush only stuns from stealth
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tremorscale

Nothing is stunning me I think. In my encounter with the player I wasn't stunned more than from the stealth attack. I was just dead.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

u/IPLAYLUXALOT:
    Will Cp be relevant for it ? Do some classes/races won't be allowed to be a x-member group (for example 4 Nightblade) ? Do you plan on allowing all type of potions (invisibillity one for example) ? If so, will NB cloack finally be fixed ? :(

@ZOS_RichLambert:
    No plans to restrict class numbers in groups. (we want people to be able to get in as quickly as possible)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/332429/transcript-reddit-battlegrounds-aua-30-03-2017

Just in time to not renew my sub :) thx!
    Edited by Derra on March 31, 2017 8:56AM
    <Noricum>

• Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭

Tremorscale

Nothing is stunning me I think. In my encounter with the player I wasn't stunned more than from the stealth attack. I was just dead.

apologies, im new to this forum, the person you quoted mentioned the stun. i wish you luck against the proctard, i'm happy to hear you aren't quitting over it, as many have done so before you.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

u/IPLAYLUXALOT:

@ZOS_RichLambert:

Just stay in cyrodiil. It should be more relaxed after battlegrounds suck all the leet "must win at all costs, lets use every cheese available" groups out of it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

u/IPLAYLUXALOT:

@ZOS_RichLambert:

Just stay in cyrodiil. It should be more relaxed after battlegrounds suck all the leet "must win at all costs, lets use every cheese available" groups out of it.

It´s one possibility.

Either all those players leave cyro - or all the players annoyed by them will.

I´ll just sit that out and see - no reason to sub for me if one of the features i was looking forward to will be nonCP because the devs are too lazy to balance CP though.
    I strongly disagree with the thought process of nonCP in the first place - as it´s one of those easy solutions for zos that just make the game less interesting (mainly by absolutely ravaging possible setcombinations and builds in that case).
    Edited by Derra on March 31, 2017 9:42AM
    <Noricum>

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are not an issue. Idk why so many complain. Vipers is strong for sure. But skill takes precedent always. I can bring whatever proc sets I want against the best players in any faction, ain't gonna do me any good. Although I did keep running into one zerg ganker using viper and Selenes lol. There's gankers, then zergs, then gankers who gank while they're with a Zerg. Bottom of the pile, kills or not. Besides if proc sets are so op why not use them to balance out he fight? They're fun, it's awesome to see a bear jump out of you, and terrifying to the other player. I think those sets add a bit of psychological warfare as well. I've actually been using clever alchemist with some luck lately. You can hit pretty damn hard with it.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Proc sets are not an issue.

I could post many screenshots of "battles" lasting less than a second and the only thing in my recap that is not a proc set is a light attack, but if you so blatantly can claim that they are not an issue I'm not even going to bother.
    against the best players in any faction, ain't gonna do me any good

Just because the very best players can counter it doesn't mean it's not an issue. And skill does not matter if you are killed within the same global cooldown.
    clever alchemist

Not a proc set... at least not in the form we are discussing it here.

Let's not pretend like the proc sets are "fine". They are not. They are cheesy and boring and I'm sad they were added to the game in their current form. They do not promote any form of play and are not helping create a competitive atmosphere.
    Which also answers your question as to why we don't use them ourselves.

Tremorscale

apologies, im new to this forum, the person you quoted mentioned the stun. i wish you luck against the proctard, i'm happy to hear you aren't quitting over it, as many have done so before you.

No need to apologize @Baboonezz :-) and of course I'm not quitting. It's no where near the end of the world that some people use these, but as an avid and passionate player I feel I must voice my concerns.