The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enlightenment Bonus Bug

GeraltFaroth
GeraltFaroth
Soul Shriven
Apparently because my character was made before the enlightenment system (back in 2014) was put into place, when I hit 50 my character was not properly flagged for the enlightenment bonus. I only received the daily enlightenment bonus of 400,000 instead of the maximum enlightenment that everyone receives upon hitting level 50 on a new character. One of my other friends who also made their account back in 2014 did not receive this enlightenment bonus. But all of my other friends who made their characters this year received the 4.8 million enlightenment boost as soon as they hit level 50.

I have never reached level 50 until about a couple weeks ago (even though my account was made back in 2014). I believe because my character was made before the enlightenment system was put in, he was not properly "flagged" to receive the 4.8 million enlightenment bonus upon reaching level 50.

I have tried to explain this to customer support but I do not believe they are fully understanding what I am talking about. Hopefully an in-game admin can help me with this situation because it's pretty crappy when all of my buddies received basically 5,000,000 enlightenment points and I only received 400,000.

Thank you.
  • Archren
    Archren
    Soul Shriven
    yeah i also have this problem and i have written a ticket. Hopefully it can be solved soon
  • Llewellyn
    Llewellyn
    Soul Shriven
    I also had this happen to me. I came back near the beginning of the Anniversary double XP event but my account is from release and all of my characters were created before any of the iterations of the vet or CP system were implemented. I hit 50 close to the end of the event, and I only got 400,000 Enlightenment at that time. As far as I know, instead of receiving a flat number of CP or a flat amount of XP when hitting 50, accounts are supposed to receive 4 million Enlightenment (10 days worth) since it wasn't adjusted when the CP xp curves were.

I have not opened a ticket as yet, but I likely will, as even though I am close to CP160 at this point the extra Enlightenment that I should have received will still be very helpful.
  • Rawkin
    Rawkin
    Soul Shriven
    I just realized this happened to me last night after a friend was enlightened to level 82 and I only got to lvl 20? This was my first level 50 and I created a new toon and leveled with them. I stopped playing about a week after launch in 2014, they purchased the game for the first time when I came back. Are they doing anything about this?
  • mn3lson_ESO
    mn3lson_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This happened to me this past week as well. My friend also leveled 4 times as fast to level 80. My enlightened XP after I dinged level 50 was under 500,000 and only got me to about champion level 20. Similar to above, I too had an original account form 2014 but never fully leveled a character to level 50. Will there be compensation for the 10+ scrolls I have purchased from the crown store to try and catch up with my friend that used no scrolls to get to the same level in the game? Thanks!
  • Rawkin
    Rawkin
    Soul Shriven
    I opened a ticket in game and the response I was given was to post the issue here. The question now is, when am I going to receive the 4.8 million enlightenment bonus you receive when you reach level 50 for the first time? Is anything being done about this? I play on the NA server and the character name is Wizerker.
  • Cyntil
    Cyntil
    Soul Shriven
    I"m also experiencing this but my character was made roughly 2 to 3 weeks ago. Did any of you get a response or update to this?
  • arnthegreat21
    Someone linked this thread in my post and I am having the same issue. Weirdly enough someone who bought the game at the same time as me in 2014, DID get the enlightenment bonus. Only difference is he deleted his original character (No clue why it would impact it.)

Anyone had any luck with this resolution?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get the thread. Are you expecting full enlightenment day 1 you hit L50?

IIRC it didn't work like that for me I got a days worth only ever getting to 4.8 million if I didn't play for 12 days

I wouldn't expect anyone to have 4.8mill enlightenment the day they hit aL50?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Don't get the thread. Are you expecting full enlightenment day 1 you hit L50?

IIRC it didn't work like that for me I got a days worth only ever getting to 4.8 million if I didn't play for 12 days

I wouldn't expect anyone to have 4.8mill enlightenment the day they hit aL50?

The first time a character hits level 50 on an account, it should receive the full 12 days of enlightenment.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch