The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone Else Use Housing for Free Transport?

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I do have a main house, but I also maintain several houses for easy movement of my characters to key locations:

- Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret (Mournhold for writs)
- Humblemud (Dhalmora crafting area)
- Sleek Creek House (Rawl'kha guild traders and in-zone selling)
- Snugpod (Elden Root for Undaunted, etc.)

Have other folks done the same? Which houses have you found the most useful?
Edited by Rainwhisper on March 26, 2017 9:53PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't everyone?
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Mournhold keep to remember good old days when I used to have 500k more money instead of useless shack.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    I use Mournhold keep to remember good old days when I used to have 500k more money instead of useless shack.

But but but you could do what I did and put a Blood Fountain and a Molag Bal statue there and decorate it and have friends over to help you build fun structures with planks, chat on TS or Discord, and make Mournoth look awesome ^_^ Sorry you think its a shack, would you prefer a house with less yard and more house, or the other way around? Mournoth has a surprisingly unobtrusive invisible wall problem, compared to other homes.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But but but you could do what I did and put a Blood Fountain and a Molag Bal statue there and decorate it and have friends over to help you build fun structures with planks, chat on TS or Discord, and make Mournoth look awesome ^_^ Sorry you think its a shack, would you prefer a house with less yard and more house, or the other way around? Mournoth has a surprisingly unobtrusive invisible wall problem, compared to other homes.

I would love to decorate it with my friends, but there are no friends to decorate it with.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the main reason I unlocked all 3 free inn rooms and part of the reason I may get the Sentinel and Mournhold apartments (the Skywatch one is pretty pointless, since it's on Auridon like the free room but in a less useful city).

Since the free apartments give me a free teleport to major cities with all the services it doesn't seem worth paying more than 13k to teleport to a different city so I wouldn't buy anything bigger than an apartment just for that purpose.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mournoth Keep! A true Orc would have spelled it correctly
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on March 26, 2017 9:15PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can use hundreds of Guildmembers for easy and free Transport.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do have a main house, but I also maintain several houses for easy movement of my characters to key locations:

- Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret (Mournhold for writs)
    - Humblemud (Dhalmora crafting area)
    - Sleek Creek House (Rawl'kha guild traders and in-zone selling)
    - Snugpod (Elden Root for Undaunted, etc.)

Have other folks done the same?

Is there another use for housing?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »

Yeah, but you don't know where they are in a zone. Usually means 2 load screens.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Yeah, but you don't know where they are in a zone. Usually means 2 load screens.

Wow, 10 seconds lost :)

• Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mournoth Keep! A true Orc would have spelled it correctly

Ok you got me. After all these years I got busted so better to just tell the truth.

Ohhh. Here it comes:
    I am not orc irl, only in eso.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *raises hand*

The Craglorn house has been surprisingly useful in giving me a place to port to after each Ashlander murdering spree.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Isn't everyone?

I assumed as much. I was just curious to know which houses folks found the most useful.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "main" home is Mathiisen Manor, but the Mara's Kiss public room is right next to the Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine, so I teleport to it whenever I want to travel.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    occasionally, but I seem to use Travel to User to guildmates more often. But if none are online, I'll definitely use the Vulkhel Guild apartment since the wayshrine is just outside, then from there go to wherever
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    The Snugpod works great for me for a quick free transport to Elden Root for master writ turn-ins.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it funny if you are enough of a cheapass to try to dodge the 146g traveling fee yet you care a lot about a short extra loading screen.
    Edited by clocksstoppe on March 27, 2017 12:34AM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do use my house for the convenient transport to Daggerfall, but that's not the only reason I have a house.

I really need to buy more houses.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I find it funny if you are enough of a cheapass to try to dodge the 146g traveling fee yet you care a lot about a short extra loading screen.

But it saves you having to wait until the fee drops if you are simply travelling around to pick up surveys or treasure chests. I let my maps stack up, as well as my master writs, and then allocate a session to doing them.

If you are travelling every 3 or 4 minutes the fee can be 500-600 every time. I can either pay a small fortune in fees, spend time riding or free travel to my house.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't set foot in my house for about 2 weeks now.

XBox NA
  • RosieTheRadiant
    RosieTheRadiant
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! I have the Sleek Creek house in Rawl'kha that I use all of the time for my thief character. It's so much easier to run home and do my "laundry" quick. And the wayshrine is super close for traveling back. The best house by far imho. :)
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snugpod is awesome as it is close to undaunted enclave, stable, the master writ turn in guy, my favorite container farm, theives den and guild traders. Was well worth the 45 k i spent on it.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    of course.

sleek creek and mournoth can be quite handy.

even the little apartments in the towns have their uses.
  • colig
    colig
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently bought Humblemud for its convenience. Unfortunately, Dhalmora has the annoying and pointless 10 second log out timer. I might consider a move to Ample Domicile because of this.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to but I get an infinite load screen if I walk out my door.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes, but since the home is its own zone it can be a pain in the butt. If I only have 146 gold to pay, I will pay it. If I am close to a 1k gold cost I will take the house if there is no guild mate to jump to.
    colig wrote: »
    I recently bought Humblemud for its convenience. Unfortunately, Dhalmora has the annoying and pointless 10 second log out timer. I might consider a move to Ample Domicile because of this.

All homes(at least all of mine) have the log out timer. I really hope they fix that eventually.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just use the mod Fast Traveler whatever it is to travel to locations fast without having to look through the guild locations. It gathers up all the locations where your guilldies are closest to so easy to fast travel using it
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few houses that I specifically don't buy so I can use them as free instance resets for looting containers and such. Free port to the house I don't own. Step out the door and I'm right back where I was originally, for free, with all my containers reset. Slightly faster than logging out/in and I don't lose my chat log.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, cos there's two load screens instead of one if travel to other guild members.
    Pc na
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever spent as much money in gold for travel as the cost of the houses.
    You are just deluding yourself to come up with a reason like that to justify hundreds of k in gold for the houses.
    I'm in 2 large trading guilds, 90% of the time someone is already near where I want to go. And, that is truly free.

If you are a gotta collect them all Pokémon guy/girl, then good for you, but don't delude yourself into thinking it was for any other reason.