The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Idea for Crown Store - Raffles to Design NPCs, Name Villages, etc.

Mercutio
Mercutio
✭✭✭✭
My idea is that for a ticket that cost 1000 Crowns, entrants would be entered into a pool where the winner would work with ZM to help design an NPC, name a village, and so on.

Each raffle could be different depending on the needs of the game. The winner would give a broad overview of what they wanted to see created, and Zeni would make sure it was lore and setting appropriate.

It would be a fun way for the common player to make their mark on the game world, and could prove quite profitable.
The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
#DwemerLife
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why this should be tired to a crown purchase, it excludes talented individuals who might not have disposable income, also it would then mess with countries entering because of all the rules on raffles.

If they do a design contest best to have it fully open, no prize other than having your design added (hopefully means all countries can enter).

EVE Online did this for the Tier 3 Battlecruisers I believe.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, what if we expanded it to other entry options:

1) A ticket could be bought with in-game gold.
    2) One ticket for each month of ESO Plus subscription.
    3) One "golden ticket" in each season of Crown Crates.

So there might be 4 separate prizes, but the pool would be larger and more inclusive.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    And by being more inclusive, it could also serve as a gold sink.

A very good point you brought up, thank you.
    #DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would be a good price for the in-game gold tickets?
    #DwemerLife
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does this have to be a raffle you buy into, I don't understand how this enhances the game.
    You might get someone who doesn't respect the games lore win and then have them add something stupid.

It would be far more rewarding to the game to have an open contest based on creative ideas (art, written description etc.) run and then ZOS can weed out the silly ideas and narrow it down to some finalists which the community could cast votes on.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You might get someone who doesn't respect the games lore win and then have them add something stupid.
    This. Some people would just think of stupid joke names for things and think it's funny, and if ZOS actually put those names into the game, it would ruin the game. I don't want to go into a village and find some Argonian named "Donald Trump The Lizard King" just because someone with a lot of extra cash thought it would be funny.

• Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yeah, that's why I wrote this:

"The winner would give a broad overview of what they wanted to see created, and Zeni would make sure it was lore and setting appropriate."
    #DwemerLife