The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How Can I Get My Hands On Gold Widowmaker Jewelry?

KhajiitWarlord
So I've been running the Widowmaker set lately, and I've been having sick fun with it, but now the time has come to gold it out.

Soooo, where the hell do I get the gold jewelry? From what I gathered, it doesn't drop in vCoS, it doesn't get sold at Cyrodiil's gold merchant, and I haven't had the pleasure of making it onto a leaderboard well enough to get gold jewels.

I heard a rumor that DLC sets don't drop in gold, and if that's the case, the sets need some serious attention from ZOS, cause an incomplete set isn't supposed to be a legitimate thing on this game.

If that isn't the case, however, I definitely need some help finding it, cause I've looked everywhere where I alone could possibly look.

Best Answer

• ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    So I've been running the Widowmaker set lately, and I've been having sick fun with it, but now the time has come to gold it out.

Soooo, where the hell do I get the gold jewelry? From what I gathered, it doesn't drop in vCoS, it doesn't get sold at Cyrodiil's gold merchant, and I haven't had the pleasure of making it onto a leaderboard well enough to get gold jewels.

I heard a rumor that DLC sets don't drop in gold, and if that's the case, the sets need some serious attention from ZOS, cause an incomplete set isn't supposed to be a legitimate thing on this game.

If that isn't the case, however, I definitely need some help finding it, cause I've looked everywhere where I alone could possibly look.

Gold widowmaker jewelry does not currently exist in game. The sets which come from dungeons and trials are not available outside of that content and do not come with gold jewelry (aside from vet trials). You can get monster helms and overworld sets from the golden vendor, but dlc gear is a no go.
    Answer ✓
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get gold jewelry, to my knowledge, is from the Golden weekend merchant in Cyrodil. The sets change each week, so you don't really know what or when an item will show up on the vendor.
    Edited by TheStealthDude on March 20, 2017 6:55PM
  • KhajiitWarlord
    The only way to get gold jewelry, to my knowledge, is from the Golden weekend merchant in Cyrodil. The sets change each week, so you don't really know what or when an item will show up on the vendor.

Been looking at that vendor every week since the DLC dropped. I still haven't seen what I needed there.
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    Certain sets get dropped in trials if you do vet hard mode as for gold widowmaker I haven't seen it personally
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it a problem with sets not being fully golded? The vast majority of sets in this game that are dropped cannot be obtained in gold jewelry.

The only sets that are easily golded are trials sets. You might get lucky and have your set's jewelry for sale one week at golden vendor, but for the most part other sets don't have golden versions.
    Edited by IronCrystal on March 21, 2017 2:28AM
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Kagetenchu wrote: »
    Certain sets get dropped in trials if you do vet hard mode as for gold widowmaker I haven't seen it personally

Right-o, I'm aware of those gold sets. I use them myself for my min-max builds. This is one of my more personalized builds that I'd love to enhance with gold Widomaker jewelry, if it does exist.
    Why is it a problem with sets not being fully golded? The vast majority of sets in this game that are dropped cannot be obtained in gold jewelry.

It's not a problem at all. I could run it in purple, but the extra few numbers on the 2-4 piece bonuses would be nice to have from gold jewelry. Also, all sets that are dropped by enemies, i.e. dungeon sets and area sets, can and have a history of dropping at least once at Cyrodiil's gold vendor.
    The only sets that are easily golded are trials sets. You might get lucky and have your set's jewelry for sale one week at golden vendor, but for the most part other sets don't have golden versions.

Ditto what I said to Kagetenchu about the gold trials jewelry. Problem with the gold vendor though is that I've been watching the drops every week since the DLC came around and still haven't seen a piece of Widowmaker yet, ditto for another DLC set I've been looking out for since TG dropped. There's been a rumor around that DLC sets for some reason do not have gold jewelry, and I'm starting to believe it.

The issue isn't so much that I can't get gold jewelry. The issue is more focused on the point that these are considered incomplete sets, which is to say ZOS needs to complete the sets. Silly sets like Shadow Dancer and Prisoner's Rags gets gold jewelry, whereas a set with true potential (Widowmaker) gets a lack of gold jewelry. It just seems very lax and unnecessary to leave out gold jewelry for DLC sets.
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Kagetenchu wrote: »

Right-o, I'm aware of those gold sets. I use them myself for my min-max builds. This is one of my more personalized builds that I'd love to enhance with gold Widomaker jewelry, if it does exist.

It's not a problem at all. I could run it in purple, but the extra few numbers on the 2-4 piece bonuses would be nice to have from gold jewelry. Also, all sets that are dropped by enemies, i.e. dungeon sets and area sets, can and have a history of dropping at least once at Cyrodiil's gold vendor.

Ditto what I said to Kagetenchu about the gold trials jewelry. Problem with the gold vendor though is that I've been watching the drops every week since the DLC came around and still haven't seen a piece of Widowmaker yet, ditto for another DLC set I've been looking out for since TG dropped. There's been a rumor around that DLC sets for some reason do not have gold jewelry, and I'm starting to believe it.

The issue isn't so much that I can't get gold jewelry. The issue is more focused on the point that these are considered incomplete sets, which is to say ZOS needs to complete the sets. Silly sets like Shadow Dancer and Prisoner's Rags gets gold jewelry, whereas a set with true potential (Widowmaker) gets a lack of gold jewelry. It just seems very lax and unnecessary to leave out gold jewelry for DLC sets.

Dare I be bold enough to suggest that if the golden sold jewels from Dlc sets that you could obtain it without dlc and that would harm ZOS subs and dlc sales?

I'm not cynical honest.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I - for the LIFE of me - don't understand why we can't craft Jewelry.

IMHO, there is no good reason for this option not to be part of the Enchanting skill line. They wouldn't even have to let us craft amulets/rings from scratch. Just give us the option to upgrade existing pieces (using Aspect Runes exactly like we use rosins/tannins/temper) and to add a set bonus at the appropriate crafting location using either gold or a large number of other materials so as not to devalue the process.

As it stands now, getting specific jewelry pieces for non-standard builds is an inexorable grind. Let's face it, the Agility/Endurance/Willpower sets have become so standard as to be insanely boring.
  • KhajiitWarlord
    Dare I be bold enough to suggest that if the golden sold jewels from Dlc sets that you could obtain it without dlc and that would harm ZOS subs and dlc sales?

I'm not cynical honest.

Well, you can actually get DLC set pieces without the DLC already. The ones that are BoP, at least. Regardless, they could just add a DLC gold jewelry vendor that only people who own the DLC can access. Instead, however, they didn't even bother putting the gold jewelry in the game at all as far as any reasonable person can speculate. Which is something I believe ZOS should not do. If you put a set in the game, you gotta complete the set. It's a good practice of formalities, nothing else.
    I - for the LIFE of me - don't understand why we can't craft Jewelry.

IMHO, there is no good reason for this option not to be part of the Enchanting skill line. They wouldn't even have to let us craft amulets/rings from scratch. Just give us the option to upgrade existing pieces (using Aspect Runes exactly like we use rosins/tannins/temper) and to add a set bonus at the appropriate crafting location using either gold or a large number of other materials so as not to devalue the process.

As it stands now, getting specific jewelry pieces for non-standard builds is an inexorable grind. Let's face it, the Agility/Endurance/Willpower sets have become so standard as to be insanely boring.

100% agreed. TBH though, I think that 3 pieces of Witchman jewelry is a much better pick than the Agility jewelry. It may be a 5 piece set, but the 3 piece effects outweigh the Agility set well enough, IMO.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's time jewelry all remove color and quality and be balanced and normalized as it's the only gear slot we can't craft or upgrade.

Seems unfinished
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you can actually get DLC set pieces without the DLC already. The ones that are BoP, at least. Regardless, they could just add a DLC gold jewelry vendor that only people who own the DLC can access. Instead, however, they didn't even bother putting the gold jewelry in the game at all as far as any reasonable person can speculate. Which is something I believe ZOS should not do. If you put a set in the game, you gotta complete the set. It's a good practice of formalities, nothing else.

There isn't much difference statwise between purple and gold ... which could potentially make this whole thread moot.
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never gonna happen! One Tamriel added jewelries to hundreds of sets for which the gold version can only be acquired through the weekly vendor but ZOS decided they will do rotations with only 10 sets. Amazing that Senche, Warlock and Ice Furnace have come back 3 or more times.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then maybe you should cast a vote in this thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/313393/what-are-the-chances-of-there-being-jewellery-crafting-improvement
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Golden is just rotating jewlery between 10 sets! May be after Morrowind ZOS will add more sets.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't.

The golden vendor in Cyrodiil doesn't ever sell jewellery from dlc dungeon sets (or at least hasn't yet), so it's impossible to get your hands on. This is a problem with many other sets as well (like BSW for example). As far as I can tell the Golden Cyrodiil vendor only sells jewellery from sets that used to drop in Trials (Worm, Ebon, Hircine, Dragon, Werewolf Hide, etc.). They simply haven't update the loottable to be more relevant, though with the amount of sets in the game I can't see them ever making Widowmaker part of it and they are likely to have a new set rotation be specific to new content instead.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice