Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we nerf magica already please?

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'll rather they Nerf magic than completely overbuff stam like we all know they will.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Stam is soooooo far away from the stadium that contains pve dps. That stadium is magicka only. Stam loses massively in every aspect, aoe survivability utility and single target.

Not true, I've been watching the leaderboards and there's still 1-2 stam dps in those groups. It's not alot, but if those teams are constantly at #1 then I fully trust their judgement on bringing a stam dps or two in their groups. Because whatever their secret is to #1 scores is, it's working.
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go watch Alcast's new stamsorc video. You'll be begging ZOS to nerf stamina next.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Korsario wrote: »
    Better survival, better aoe and same single target dps as stamina like wtf zenimax?

I donlt think ZSO will nerf magicka... but I understand your point. Why Would you need stamina that can deal like single - target 10K - 20K one shot - dmg, when you have a magicka that can deal like 10K - 20K in a AOE dmg (to EVERYBODY in that area)...

With magicka being so powerful currently there is simply no point in going stamina (at least for PvP).
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better survival, better aoe and same single target dps as stamina like wtf zenimax?

I donlt think ZSO will nerf magicka... but I understand your point. Why Would you need stamina that can deal like single - target 10K - 20K one shot - dmg, when you have a magicka that can deal like 10K - 20K in a AOE dmg (to EVERYBODY in that area)...

With magicka being so powerful currently there is simply no point in going stamina (at least for PvP).

Stam has better self sustain, better damage mitigation for non 1 shots, and better burst damage due to proc sets.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your reasoning behind this request.

The reasons you listed and the actual math that provides proof is rather good.

My intuitive response to your request is as follows.

- Nerf the nerfing

Anyway.. I recently tried the currently most popular stamina build "Spamlightbow" and i do admit, it is far from my lightning magsorc.... ;P
    Edited by Tapio75 on March 18, 2017 1:31AM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Explain. Please give a detailed analysis of available data that supports your request.

Do not forget to link referenced source material.

Include charts and diagrams.
    Edited by Tabbycat on March 18, 2017 1:47AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    Half of y'all were crying for stamina nerfs, now my stamplar is sad.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How about making stamina better? Instead of another *** nerf?
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOJIMMY wrote: »

Try that max stam/stam regen food. Stuff is incredible. You can manage 12khp fine using bladedloak rune focus and vigor. Just watch the charfe attacks.

I made it to stg9 in vma with this food. But I run into lots of ghosts so meh.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny guy

pvp is full of ult generating DK's with unreal 2H range and easy mode animation cancelling capabilities

Edited by BRogueNZ on March 18, 2017 2:09AM
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Buff Stam sorc. Nerf mag DK.

SMH
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just *** nerf magic sorcs already.

this ^
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Your wish might come true, if and when the nerf to sustain pulls through via the proposed changes to the CP tree. So there's that.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    OOJIMMY wrote: »

Try that max stam/stam regen food. Stuff is incredible. You can manage 12khp fine using bladedloak rune focus and vigor. Just watch the charfe attacks.

I made it to stg9 in vma with this food. But I run into lots of ghosts so meh.

I didn't even know that existed. My sets I run actually give me a decent amount of health so I should be gravy with it.
  • Woopy
    Woopy
    ✭✭✭
    Please ZOS don't shoot the magblades with a nerfgun.
    Heart of Ayanad [StamSorc]
    Soul of Ayanad [MagKnight]
    Aegis of Ayanad [MagPlar]
    Keeper of Ayanad [MagBlade]
    Shadow of Ayanad [MagSorc]
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it too much to ask that instead of nerfing one thing, that we instead simply buff the other thing?
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Stam is soooooo far away from the stadium that contains pve dps. That stadium is magicka only. Stam loses massively in every aspect, aoe survivability utility and single target.

Not true, I've been watching the leaderboards and there's still 1-2 stam dps in those groups. It's not alot, but if those teams are constantly at #1 then I fully trust their judgement on bringing a stam dps or two in their groups. Because whatever their secret is to #1 scores is, it's working.

Please point me towards the #1 scores that have stamina dps toons in them. I would love to see the runs.
  • Merkzz23
    Merkzz23
    ✭✭
    Where were these stam guys calling for nerfs 3 months ago :D , looks like the little snowflakes don't feel special anymore

Edit: Zos have tons of more buggier content they need to address before screwing up even more 'working' content. If mag is so 'op' as you claim, why not reroll a new char & try it out? The issue is stamina builds survivability in trials, not their dps (i still think stam pull higher single target in general this patch).
    Edited by Merkzz23 on March 18, 2017 7:12AM
    Vet 16 DK Tank
    Vet 12 Magicka Sorc
    Vet 1 Magicka Templar
    Lv 40 Magicka NB
    Lv 24 Stam NB
    Lv 8 Stam DK
    Lv 8 Magicka Sorc
    Lv 8 Stam NB
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf ability bars, ONE SKILL called light attack for front bar, heavy attack for back bar. Everyone stays naked until 600 CP then you get pajamas that give you +1 HP, coz Balance god damn it!

As I have seen in all other games...

ADAPT! Stop bitching little kid, respec, regear & STFU! **** *** *************** ****** like ************* nub **** you **** **** *** go **** a ******** grey *** jelly donut eating **** *** with some *** in your *******

*****!
    Edited by SaRuZ on March 18, 2017 7:05AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that... abilities stack in PvP. If you have been attacked by 5 people using "Haunting Curse" - you have like 10 explosions on you (assuming you have some way to cleanse / purification - bot not every classes have those and the only commonly available skilll is AW "Purge").

90% of players in PvP are magicka based for a RESON.

Furthermore - people complain about magicka - because most magicka abilities are AOE. And most "zergs" groups use AOE attacks. So if you are attacked by such a zerg, even if you have like 30K stamina and can dodge infinitely - there is almost now way to dodge 10x destro ult stacked in one spot.

So magicka and stamina does not require nerfing / buffing - it requires some gameplay changes / balancing (for PvP). If for example AEO could stack only to some point (for example if you are attacked by 10 SAME aeo attacks - only the first 5 would count - and the other 5 will deal 1/2, 1/3, 1/4/, 1/5 original dmg to you).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 18, 2017 10:52AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    Nerf ability bars, ONE SKILL called light attack for front bar, heavy attack for back bar. Everyone stays naked until 600 CP then you get pajamas that give you +1 HP, coz Balance god damn it!

ADAPT! Stop bitching little kid, respec, regear & STFU! **** *** *************** ****** like ************* nub **** you **** **** *** go **** a ******** grey *** jelly donut eating **** *** with some *** in your *******

*****!

... What? O_o
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »

*****!
    latest?cb=20150508012035
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Yes, the difference between sorcerer and DK or Templar or nb is too far, sorcerer is far overpowered, at least double the dps output of the other classes. That's very unbalanced and not fun.

Ummmm
    https://youtu.be/GR3XR4qsNhA

https://youtu.be/oasQBA65JHE

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to laugh, when I first joined this game, everyone was complaining about how everything revolved around Stamina, that Magicka builds were so far behind, that Magicka needed a boost, etc, etc, etc. Now, the pendulum has swung the other way and now it's, "nerf Magicka". We'll see what the state of the game is once Morrowind drops and the major changes to CP hit and suddenly everyone sucks. ;)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff greatsword!
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    No, don't nerf anything—buff Medium, buff Light.

Which translates into nerfing heavy.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of nerfing.. what the hell?! Everything is about progress. Nerfing is not progress. When things are nerfed, the game is just moving backward. You're not making the game or experience any better. Should be upping classes and skills.. that is forward progress! Also, get rid of training and prosperous traits!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It'll be stamina's turn when it goes full circle again. Or just use race change like i did.
    Edited by Banana on March 18, 2017 1:40PM
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about they buff Stam? And Magblade, buff Magblade too.

They made Magic Characters good in both PVP and PVE while Stam is only useful imo in PVP.

Keep everything else the same, only easy mode clase atm is MagSorc imo. Rotation is so easy and it's so powerful.
    Edited by GawdSB on March 18, 2017 1:41PM