The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Item prices?

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
How are you suppose to know how much to sell an item for? Like I just got the stormfust shoulders from the undaunted chest (reienforced btw) and I don't know how much I should sell them for since I'm not planning on using them. Also where are the best guild traders located?
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    You cant sell monster sets. Most you can get for it is a few gold by selling it to a Merchant.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think 36g to an npc not sure
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO's very special market.

The short answer is you can't really. That's part of what makes ESO special. Now scream quietly into a corner. Feel better? Ok, let's continue.

The long answer is there are some sources which can serve as a rough guide.

This site registers items for sale on guild vendors if viewed by people with the right addon. So it can give you a rough idea. Often the first page are the freakishly cheap sales which are gone quickly. But go through a few pages and you'll see where the price settles.

There are also addons which attempt to calculate average prices for items but I'm not sure how reliable they are. Like one of the more popular ones averages prices only for guilds you belong to. They might not be representative of prices across the whole game.

Personally I largely ignore the game's market. I occasionally buy a motif or cheap provisioning recipe. I decon or sell everything I loot. I just can't be bothered spending half an hour combing through websites and whatnot to figure out what might be worth trying to sell and then actually trying to flog it.

I'm sure I am missing out on money but it just ain't worth the effort to me.
    Edited by Nerouyn on March 10, 2017 6:38AM
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a traders guild. Get master merchant. There you go.
    Or you could get Tamriel Trade Centre addon and check listing prices
    OR
    if you don't want addons
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an zone you typically get some sets, check if they have any value.
    https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/ is nice for this. if they do divine trait is more expensive.
    Sharp weapons from sets can be nice to check separate as they tend to be expensive.
    Food recipes and crating blueprints tend to have an similar price so check guild store for average.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • darjobuno
    darjobuno
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to put my own opinion on this as well. Yes you can use Master Merchant or Tamriel Trader to get a basic idea for what you want to price something at. However, "In My Opinion" even these are flawed.

An example, A nice house costs 1,000,000 gold. A skooma bubbler design costs 400,000 to 700,000 gold? Myself I would never pay that.

Pricing is an opinion not a definite.

So when people decide to offer items for sale in zone chat. They have their own price in mind. What they want to sell an item for. It is what they feel an item is worth.

Now to coin a new catch phrase name. People who follow up someone's advertisement for the cost of an item with their guild merchant's price will forever be known as "Coupon Cutters". "In My Opinion" Posting the MM or TTC price of an item when it is not requested is just another form of trolling. You can raise yourself on a pedestal and say you do it for the good of mankind but honestly you are just trolling trying to start an argument or ruin someone else's sales who really do not want to use or be a part of a large trading guild.
    No longer swimming upstream