The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What changed since 2.7.6/.7 that's giving me 0fps even in small scale fights??

ilander
ilander
✭✭✭
It has been a week, possibly 2 since I've not been able to fight even as few as 4 players without ending up in a 0fps still shot obviously followed by death. I've been playing tanky chars so i'm normally in the centre of the action i.e. as many as 30 or more from 2 factions all around me with no real issues other than dropping to about 10-12fps which is still actually pretty playable. Since this patch dropped (not sure which one it was) i'm getting horrible fps drops that never used to happen before so i'm curious to know what has been changed that would cause this for me.

I'm obviously experiencing less general lag because we're all no CP campaigns atm but this fps drop is crippling and on top of that, highly annoying for someone who's supposed to be sucking up the damage for their faction instead of standing still waiting for inevitable death with no counter whatsoever.

Before anyone decides to tell me to turn my settings down, please remember that my settings have not been a problem in the 17 months i've had this pc already. On top of that, this can happen as i said above with a particularly low number of players around and at the other end, i can be in the middle of a 12-15 man ball group spamming aoes and eye of the noob all around me and not have any problems so what can have changed that suddenly caused this??

Top of screen pics above compass/quest bar.

imgur.com/a/8eOyB

Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »
    It has been a week, possibly 2 since I've not been able to fight even as few as 4 players without ending up in a 0fps still shot obviously followed by death. I've been playing tanky chars so i'm normally in the centre of the action i.e. as many as 30 or more from 2 factions all around me with no real issues other than dropping to about 10-12fps which is still actually pretty playable. Since this patch dropped (not sure which one it was) i'm getting horrible fps drops that never used to happen before so i'm curious to know what has been changed that would cause this for me.

I'm obviously experiencing less general lag because we're all no CP campaigns atm but this fps drop is crippling and on top of that, highly annoying for someone who's supposed to be sucking up the damage for their faction instead of standing still waiting for inevitable death with no counter whatsoever.

Before anyone decides to tell me to turn my settings down, please remember that my settings have not been a problem in the 17 months i've had this pc already. On top of that, this can happen as i said above with a particularly low number of players around and at the other end, i can be in the middle of a 12-15 man ball group spamming aoes and eye of the noob all around me and not have any problems so what can have changed that suddenly caused this??

Top of screen pics above compass/quest bar.

imgur.com/a/8eOyB

What do you mean all no cp campaigns atm? What class are you running? I assume its stamina based. My dps seems too have gone up on my stamina nightblade.
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »

What do you mean all no cp campaigns atm? What class are you running? I assume its stamina based. My dps seems too have gone up on my stamina nightblade.

Hi, i said FPS not DPS - Frames per second... my game basically slows down to a single static screen until a second or 2 after i'm dead, even in SOME small fights. Nothing to do with damage for no CP servers. I was pointing out that in general, there has been less lag for me i.e. in general, it has been less laggy since the no CP was introduced but this is the opposite happening to me in what seems to be certain specific situations.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!