The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Let's all hope your wording is correct ZoS

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
From today's patch notes:

"Fixed an issue that could cause long or seemingly-infinite load screens in zones containing a high density of player characters."

This has been a sore subject for soo many of us in PvP. I truly hope this wording is correct and you haven't dung an even deeper hole ZoS. Your saying it's Fixed here. Think we all would love to know what the cause was if indeed this blight on our gameplay is now gone. Is that possible?
Edited by Dreyloch on February 27, 2017 5:01PM
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue.

Doesn't mean they fixed all issues causing Infinite Loading Screens. They won't know whether that was the only one until people get back into it and they see whether the Infinite Loading Screens are still statistically significant.

I'm hoping the same thing for the Crash-to-Desktop on zone change fix. I've been battling with that, and I hope this did it, too.

But that's the thing about coding a game this big... fixing an issue like this isn't as easy as flipping a switch, because it's hard to say what the cause might be from system to system. They just released a fix for an issue. That doesn't mean there aren't more issues leading to the same effect that they haven't discovered yet.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on February 27, 2017 5:18PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already had an infinite loading screen in cyro after patch :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok,
    So until they say "fixed THE or ALL issues" I guess we're still going to run into this. Usually when they word it the way they did here, it's something that is clearly solved. Usually to do with some cosmetic BS that ruins someone's immersion.../rolls eyes.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently staring at an infinite load screen after trying to port from BRK to Nikel.

Edit: Close game, relog, thrown out of Cyrodiil, back of a 136 man queue. *** this ***.
    Edited by pmn100b16_ESO on February 27, 2017 8:09PM