The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

mag nb gear for no cp week

ninjaguyman
ninjaguyman
✭✭✭
Im currently deciding if I need to change my gear setup for the upcoming week of no cp pvp.

I currently run a 5 necro, 5 spinners, and a monster helm set( infernal, valkyn, grothdar) setup in trueflame and haderus, but I have barely any experience playing in the no cp campaign, so Im hoping for some guidance of what setups work without cp or if my current setup would work there.

Im expecting that my sustain will not be enough, so Im thinking of swapping out spinner's for a sustain set. I was thinking that seducer's would be an obvious choice, however the 5 pc set bonus would only be on my front bar(while my shields happen to be on the back bar, which are honestly the heavier load on my sustain.) So Im also looking at trying transmutation, which has nice double recovery set bonuses as well as the crit resist for survivability. which one of these sounds better? I dont really want to shell out gold to try both, mainly because that would require me to gold out the weapons.

Is there any other sets that would work better than these? and what are you guys planning to run?( mag nb or not)

Characters:
AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That set will actually work just fine. Just throw a cost reduction glyph on your jewelery and maybe a recovery glyph as well. You could also go double cost reduction. if you find you need more sustain. Making sure you keep siphoning attacks up is the biggest thing to worry about.

Magblade actually plays well in no CP. I've played it before and didn't really notice a difference. I just switched up a couple jewelry pieces
    Edited by thankyourat on February 27, 2017 4:50AM
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    oh ok, idk why i didnt consider just swapping out some of my jewelry glyphs lol. I guess I was just expecting to need some kind of sweeping change to my build to play without cp.

do you think it is better to run recovery glyphs or cost reduction glyphs?
    Characters:
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh ok, idk why i didnt consider just swapping out some of my jewelry glyphs lol. I guess I was just expecting to need some kind of sweeping change to my build to play without cp.

Min max numbers I don't know. I'm sure someone has the actual calculations. I always use cost reduction now and that seems to work better for me. Especially if I get into a situation to where I need to spam healing ward. And siphoning attacks is decent recovery on its own. Recovery glyphs work as well. I personally have had better results with cost reduction though
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭

Min max numbers I don't know. I'm sure someone has the actual calculations. I always use cost reduction now and that seems to work better for me. Especially if I get into a situation to where I need to spam healing ward. And siphoning attacks is decent recovery on its own. Recovery glyphs work as well. I personally have had better results with cost reduction though

ok thanks, i suppose i can try both with purple enchants first, then decide which i want to gold
    Characters:
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolute worst case, if you can't sustain, run necro+lich+pirate/skoria/bloodspawn/etc
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 27, 2017 6:02AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kragnerac 5 pcs, 2 jewels enchanted with magicka regeneration and is enough for non-CP. If one still lacks, use atronach stone.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."