Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Archer, Gear Advice please

shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
Hi guys, after around a 6 month break I'm returning and would appreciate some advice,

I play a NB Archer, mainly keep taking and defending with Zerg fights in between, I avoid, and pretty good at it, melee combat as much as poss, I'm happy being a Glass Cannon especially as during keep fights, for me it's all about hard hitting from stealth and killing before they react and hide or go out of range.

Previously I was using full sets of Hawks eye and Marksman giving 13% more bow damage + 4% from Dawnbreaker being slotted, my snipes and follow up of Poison Injections were devastating.

So has anything changed, are there any other sets you'd recommend for high burst damage, money isn't an issue, I need to upgrade 1 way or another as when I had Hawks eye it was only in well-fitted, I see that has changed thankfully. Also I'll be buying yellow Jewellery :)

Also hows the new Bow Ultimate, would you use it over Dawnbreaker being slotted for the 4% damage bonus?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Edited by shauny.gibbsb16_ESO on February 26, 2017 7:40PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope! Nothingnhas changed. You can go with full bow gank build, or sacrifice a bit of stealth damage for sustained damage and just go bow/ bow. Using bow ultimate on ur backbar with defensive abilities. I use a bow/ bow, mark/ hawk/ kena setup and when im in trouble i turn, dodge roll and sprint my ass off. I normally stay out of stealth and just spam snipe, normally two snipes and a LA poison injection does the trick. Stealth play is over rated, and you lose a bit of "dueling" fuction in the stealth gank setup. Snipes go from being 17k (more for your NB) to being 14k in my "skirmisher" build...
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would keep Dawnbreaker slotted for the passive over the bow ultie. The ultimate is dodgeable, reflectable and blockable and people are used to seeing it so counter it now.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »
    I would keep Dawnbreaker slotted for the passive over the bow ultie. The ultimate is dodgeable, reflectable and blockable and people are used to seeing it so counter it now.

More than just that, you can CC, and interrupt it as well. It is incredibly easy to counter provided you have a clear line of sight on the caster.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, after around a 6 month break I'm returning and would appreciate some advice,

I play a NB Archer, mainly keep taking and defending with Zerg fights in between, I avoid, and pretty good at it, melee combat as much as poss, I'm happy being a Glass Cannon especially as during keep fights, for me it's all about hard hitting from stealth and killing before they react and hide or go out of range.

Previously I was using full sets of Hawks eye and Marksman giving 13% more bow damage + 4% from Dawnbreaker being slotted, my snipes and follow up of Poison Injections were devastating.

So has anything changed, are there any other sets you'd recommend for high burst damage, money isn't an issue, I need to upgrade 1 way or another as when I had Hawks eye it was only in well-fitted, I see that has changed thankfully. Also I'll be buying yellow Jewellery :)

Also hows the new Bow Ultimate, would you use it over Dawnbreaker being slotted for the 4% damage bonus?

I hab recommend 5 pc spriggan, 5 pc marksman, 1 pc kraig.
    I have recorded 23.6k lethal arrowss(18-20k average thou) with this setup.
    With many people rocking heavy armor going towards armor penetration prooves more effective then 5% more damage(12k armor pen without piercing mark)

Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭

I hab recommend 5 pc spriggan, 5 pc marksman, 1 pc kraig.
    I have recorded 23.6k lethal arrowss(18-20k average thou) with this setup.
    With many people rocking heavy armor going towards armor penetration prooves more effective then 5% more damage(12k armor pen without piercing mark)

If all your spriggan is gold that 4000 pen is equivalent to 6.15% damage increase, so not much diff from hawk eyes 5% actually, but you can't penetrate a damage shield so there's that.

The other thing is with that set up and probably cp into penetration for the heavy armor users, you end up over penetrating on light users, which may not be an issue, I don't know, anyway.. I found investing no points into penetration yields better results on a gank build.

I have had lethal arrows hit for over 25k.

Buffing damage still means you do more damage against more armored targets, it's not wasted.

View everything as % and you will know what I'm talking about.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Atm I am using Morag Tong + Marksmen + 1 Kraghs and its a blast with poison enchant on 2h and bow. Tried Hawk but Morag seems to hit harder in PVP. Poison inject and lethal arrow hits like a truck and so does the heavy atk.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am running/going to run.
    clever alchemist + strenght of automaton.

I have a bunch of health in that build so I am not as squishy but my weapon damage is still off the charts.

I am sloting dawnbreaker on my bow bar.
    Edited by Narvuntien on March 2, 2017 1:21PM