The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A way to stop nightcaping and night emp.

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are 24/7 world servers there is no such thing as nightcapping. There is US primetime on the NA server and EU primetime on the EU server. Everything else is off peak but in the competitive campaign there are always people on wanting to play the game.

There is no solution that is fair for everyone. Personally I just leave Cyrodiil and do something else if there is no one to fight but not everyone is as adverse to PvDoor
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are 24/7 world servers there is no such thing as nightcapping. There is US primetime on the NA server and EU primetime on the EU server. Everything else is off peak but in the competitive campaign there are always people on wanting to play the game.

There is no solution that is fair for everyone. Personally I just leave Cyrodiil and do something else if there is no one to fight but not everyone is as adverse to PvDoor

AU Timezone.

There is a tactic in EVE Online where alliances which want to anger their enemies set all their defensive timers for the AU timezone.
    The AU players love this though, more content for them.

I wish Cyrodiil was global and one campaign, it would be awesome for a 24/7 war across the whole globe.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact is that most players on the EU server are from only 4 time zones, so late night and early morning all alliances are at one bar on all instances. It is very hard to find any organized group at all at that time, so if a few group up they can easly take most of the map, crown emp and take most scrolls. Most of it is pve not pvp even though one get ap for it. On EU, most emp are crowned in this way. I dont think this is good for the campaigns, they tend to get unbalanced. The alliance which most often have a late night early morning group up, tends to win the campaign.

My proposal to make it impossible to to take home keeps and resources from a one bar allance, could balance the campaigns, but would not stop pvp. You can still kill all enemies you find (even sieg the keeps) and I think there would be nice fights around keeps not owned by their home alliance.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Fact is that most players on the EU server are from only 4 time zones, so late night and early morning all alliances are at one bar on all instances. It is very hard to find any organized group at all at that time, so if a few group up they can easly take most of the map, crown emp and take most scrolls. Most of it is pve not pvp even though one get ap for it. On EU, most emp are crowned in this way. I dont think this is good for the campaigns, they tend to get unbalanced. The alliance which most often have a late night early morning group up, tends to win the campaign.

My proposal to make it impossible to to take home keeps and resources from a one bar allance, could balance the campaigns, but would not stop pvp. You can still kill all enemies you find (even sieg the keeps) and I think there would be nice fights around keeps not owned by their home alliance.

It is still restricting the game from the minorities that plays different time zones or different time of the day for which ever reasons.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete emp problem solved, only reason for night caps is emp.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think it does, you can still kill all you can find, taking keeps on an empty server is more pve than pvp. If it is restricting to a few you have balance that to the disadvantage it produces to most people.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    vanzan wrote: »
    It's not 'nightcapping', it's population imbalance during different time zones. The lower the population, the more unbalanced it tends to become. The solution is encouraging more players to play during off-peak periods, not less. Players can't pvdoor a map if there is opposition fighting them. Now obviously it's unrealistic make more people play during an off-peak period, but what you can do is consolidate all off-peak players into one campaign so they compete against one another. Dynamic population caps could also be useful to help balance during this period.

Discouraging players from playing during these times is not the answer though. Some people can only play during off-peak hours due to worldwide timezones, shiftwork or lifestyle choices.

If you are a prime time player, you need to realize that you can't be responsible for the map 24/7. Just worry about the map during your time zone. Have trust in your factions ability to hold the map during other time zones. It's a team effort.

Stalker is right on the money here. You need to recruit for the timezone gaps you have and you need to cover for guilds who leave the game as well. Also some guilds don't raid every single night so you need to cover that as well.

In GW2 there were faction councils who would organise guilds based to be ready for the next season. Winning was so important to some that they would pay gold to mercenary guilds to move to their faction for the duration of the season. They also paid for EU guilds to move to the NA servers to counter the oceanic presence.

Wars don't get put on hold while people sleep.
    This! ^^^^^
    The whole concept of night capping is dumb. Half the world is awake at the time you call night. Try recruiting some.

My european server in another game had active players off european peak from central asia, eastern russia, siberia, korea because there was less lag for them to play on a european server than trying to connect across the pacific ocean from their countries to the US via singapore or japan or wherever.

It seems that the PC-EU based supporters of changing their off peak rewards etc think that we off peakers, should be punished for playing the game in our prime time? Isn't 400 ms ping from australia punishment enough? Not to mention maintenance every week in our prime playing time.

Seriously, OP, there is a whole bunch of countries you could actually recruit from to boost the campaign in European night time. Maybe try that before suggesting stupid fixes for a non existent problem because you can't think to spread your recruiting out a bit to encourage the other half of the world to play with you..... Sheesh!

Now if you'd suggested truly instancing IC and not counting the IC pop in the pop count, and even better, some enforcable way of reintroducing one character per campaign, to prevent faction hopping, I'd be with you. That I'd like to see.

(Just because the aussie and asian guilds on DC in NA Trueflame clean up the map every evening our time while the peak US PvP guilds are snoring, doesn't mean we are just PvDooring. We see a lot of AD on at that time. We also have lots of small fights against other players playing at the same time. Because it's their peak time, too. Incredible, eh?

I reckon the DC off peak guilds can take the map back because 'we' just 'got gud' playing with half a second lag in US peak times, so we take stuff back efficiently when our lag drops to down to 360 ;) Well TKG and a couple of other good off peak guilds do. I'm a small group/duoing scrub who fixes keeps, takes resources and fights open world, so i can't claim credit, really.)

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no such thing as nightcap. Just different players on, with less overall population change the dynamics.

You might as well have Australians arguing about day cap.

"Blah blah you have more players on at that time, that's the only reason you ever get that far on the map in the first place blah blah"

Just as dumb really
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae, welcome to the late night early morning empty EU servers. One bar pops do imply that there will be hardly any pvp resistance if you take keeps. Just come and test it out of you dont belive me.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    I may of pushed people into attacking the correct keeps in the correct sequence ;) Was stressing me out DC always fighting in a straight line.

Simply two groups on two different targets, like in the old days
    Still sometimes missing old binoo times :smiley:

Edited by prootch on February 27, 2017 11:29AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    This does not work. ESO is a computer game, not an army. The players are individuals who want to have fun, and for many fun = winning, and that means moving to the winning faction. Thus, the snowballing of all the "off-hours" players on one side.

As long as players are not account-locked into playing only one faction, trying to make them not play on the winning side is like trying to herd cats.

Actually it can work. Our entire guild re-rolled to blue when their numbers were dismal. Another guild switched to yellow when their numbers were dismal, too. It doesn't always work out perfect, but I have to give credit to Oceanic guilds and leaders who have been working to balance the populations and factions for years. And not just with ESO. It seems they've been doing this on other games in the past, too.

There are times we push hard. But there are also other times, we are sitting around pushing nothing and just fighting at a resource. Yes, that is partly to farm AP. But it is also partly to let the other factions get on the map. When one faction takes everything and doesn't let other factions build up, it kills the server. Oceanic players log on to fight. After a long day at work, we definitely don't want to log on with nothing to do.

Have a little more faith in Oceanic guilds and players.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prootch wrote: »
    I may of pushed people into attacking the correct keeps in the correct sequence ;) Was stressing me out DC always fighting in a straight line.

Simply two groups on two different targets, like in the old days
    Still sometimes missing old binoo times :smiley:

Yeah they was the days! You holding them at faregyl for Alessii's emp made it happen.

Me you bino. Kings fara arrius fully timed to perfection
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world has many time zones, people in other parts of the world are awake when we sleep, and they should be able to play the game that everyone else plays, when we are awake and playing we are night capping to them.

What you are going to do turn the game off at a particular time of night, then that would not work either the only kind of fix for this would be a mega server in the Oceanic region, but since they are not going to do that nothing else we can do unless we could make the earth flat and everyone in the same time zone, something tells me that is most likely not going to happen.

this is a problem of the planet we live on nothing can be done any kind of restrictions would not be fair to the parts of the world that paying customers as well.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, at least it's not as bad as it used to be:

7SqL1Vt.jpg

This was on the PC NA server at 2am EST, about a week or two after launch, back when pop lock meant 600 players. So this would be 600 AD players against >100 EP and DC players each...

Shortly after AD was left alone on Auriel's Bow and most DC and EP jumped over to Wabbajack. Marvelous times! Though there was still the occasional imbalance, but nowhere near as bad as Auriel's Bow version 1. Never forget.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 27, 2017 1:18PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive hada few conversations with guildies about this and we threw around a few ideas. None of them would be feasible i think, but it was worth the discussion:
    1. IP region lock campaigns
    2. Disable emperorship acquisition after a certain hour
    3. remove emperor as an objective altogether on campaigns with lower population
    4. merging EU and NA megaservers

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    [*] remove emperor as an objective altogether on campaigns with lower population

Totally removing it is a bit drastic, but what could work is simply scaling the power of the emperor buff with population.

So in a 10 vs 10 fight the emp buff would be minimal, while at locked vs locked it would have full power.
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Merging EU and NA to get 24/7 fights would probably be the most efficient solution to prevent woodfighters to perform
    (still... probably not latency wise, EU server is in Europe now)
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh..

Ourorboros wrote: »
    ESO is global, therefore nightcapping is only in your imagination. How many times does this need to be explained? You surely earned....

beat-a-dead-horse.jpg

Yeah.... You're the one that needs to read explanations over and over again.

If when I sleep, a faction captures the whole map with no opposition, they are being a**holes. Nightcapping, morning capping, capping while people are at work, it's all the same : they are people who don't enjoy pvp and ruin the map for those who enjoy it.
    If they liked PvP, the red azura nightcamp train would fight the yellow tf nightcap train.

The only time when a map should be turned one colour is with three locked factions, thus showing that the faction earned its victory, not because they play when no one is there.

There is a prime time in Europe shared by the vast majority of the EU playerbase.
    Players from different timezones are a minority. Of course they should be allowed to play, but they should play against each other and not vs wooden doors, leaving a sh*t map for when the majority of us wake up.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK