The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PC Players using Xbox controller

parkham
parkham
✭✭✭
Tried it? Like it?

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
- Divine Crusade Guild
- Greybeards & Gals Guild
- Dead Citizens Guild
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been playing with Xbox controller since open beta. Wouldn't, really couldn't, play any other way. BetterUI addon adds a ton of functionality missing from base Gamepad UI.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @Ourorboros Please elaborate a bit on Ui and general usefulness of the controller. I just bought one for some other game on PC but thought I'd try it on ESO. Thanks.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Aromak
    Aromak
    ✭✭
    Been using Xbox controller for a awhile now as well, can agree it's handy. My charging port on the controller recent went out and I decided to upgrade to the Xbox elite controller, and with a 3rd party software called reWASD I programed the paddles on the back of the controller to keyboard keys, making things like sprint, auto run and even Synergy easy to use. I do find pvp a more of a challenge with a controller, but running pve it's great :)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me, though there is a slight loss in precision, the controller makes it much to move and change view, so for me, easier to fight. The PC UI was hard to see the way I play....from easy chair 10 feet from a 55" TV ;) . All the text was too small. Gamepad UI fixed that. Unfortunately, I used a lot of addons for crappy UI that didn't work in Gamepad mode. BetterUI added a lot of that back, like seeing known traits for research. Thankfully more and more addons now work with Gamepad UI.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just bought one, i have not set it up yet, but i read that turning around and movement turning is very slow and people asking for it to be sped up.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I just hooked it up and tinkered with it in gamepad mode. I .. I don't want to say I don't like it - but it it is very unfamiliar for sure. I see what you guys are talking about with the UI.

The main reason I wanted to try it was for doing lots of combat - I was hoping I would be more... efficient in combat with a controller. Going to test it out, check out the addons and remap the keys .. then see what happens.

Keep the comments coming. I'm learning stuff and I appreciate it.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried it, didn't like it. Use it for fishing though because of the vibrate
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i just bought one, i have not set it up yet, but i read that turning around and movement turning is very slow and people asking for it to be sped up.

I don't think this is really true. I played using Xpadder before Gamepad UI was released. Xpadder essentially remaps the keyboard. To me, it seems easier to turn and move since I don't have to coordinate multiple keys and the mouse at the same time. With controller, I can change my view and move my character at the same time using only my thumbs.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

I don't think this is really true. I played using Xpadder before Gamepad UI was released. Xpadder essentially remaps the keyboard. To me, it seems easier to turn and move since I don't have to coordinate multiple keys and the mouse at the same time. With controller, I can change my view and move my character at the same time using only my thumbs.

so movement and view movement is not slower ?
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    What limited time I've been using, movement is the same and the mouse is fast for view movement. Although the controller isn't "slow" per se, I can just rotate faster with a mouse.

At some point, I'm going to experiment with remapping the bindings on the buttons (if it's even possible), and then try it again.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sometimes play with my steam link controller.

It's cool for kicking back and grinding mobs or questing but wouldn't take it to any group content of any kind.
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    I use the xbox elite controller on my computer when I am questing and farming.