The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Steam Client ESO Store Crown Purchase

Tethalion
Tethalion
✭✭✭
(I know this must be in the mass of posts somewhere, but after a quick look I wasn't able to find a definitive answer)

I have ESO on Steam (bought and play on Steam client). Does this mean I have to buy crowns via Steam store? Can I also purchase Crowns directly from ESO store from my account page?

What about DLC and Expansions? Can I purchase them directly from ESO but still use them on my account?

Thank you.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question. I was wondering whether I'd be able to purchase the physical collector's ed of Morrowind, but use it with my Steam game. I don't want to make a very expensive assumption.

I've only ever bought crowns on Steam, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    Was meant to include tags in original post, sorry about the bump but I would really like an answer so I can buy some crowns :)

Thanks.

---

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you should be able to buy directly from the account page too, the reason why I say this is because the accounts are linked.

I subscribe from the account page, yet I linked my main account to steam :smile:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • GrandTemplar
    GrandTemplar
    Soul Shriven
    There is no necesity in buying crowns in Steam, if you own ESO on Steam. In other words, you can buy the crowns in Steam as long as you link yout account with Steam.
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's the wording that's got me confused, but I'll clarify a bit more.

I bought and play the game via Steam client.

I do NOT want to buy crowns through Steam but rather the normal ESO store via browser / account page.

Is this doable?
  • GrandTemplar
    GrandTemplar
    Soul Shriven
    Tethalion wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's the wording that's got me confused, but I'll clarify a bit more.

I bought and play the game via Steam client.

I do NOT want to buy crowns through Steam but rather the normal ESO store via browser / account page.

Is this doable?

Yes, you can. I got ESO from Steam, but i dont want to buy crowns there, since the rate exchange (iam from Peru) is better if i buy directly from the ESO Store Page. I save like 5 dollars if i buy from the Store.

A word of advice, dont buy right now, do it when there is a sale.
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for clearing that up as well as the advice.