Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PVP mag sorc gear

RebornV3x
RebornV3x
✭✭✭✭✭
I just can't decide what gear to go with on a mag sorc for pvp I've been looking at a couple different sets Lich, Spinners, Burning Spell Weave, Llambris, Kena, Infernal etc and

I just need a little help figure out what I should go with I'm wanting to dps have decent recovery and survivability.
Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • olimarfreak
    olimarfreak
    ✭✭
    Go for Spinner & Lich.
    Lich is a must for a Sorc nowadays, otherwise you're regen is ***.
    Spinner best Damage set for PvP imo.

For Monster Set use either Ilambris/Engina Guardian or Skoria.
    PS4 - EU - PSN: olimarfr34k / YT: olimarfr34k ESO
    CP600+

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | VMSA Flawless 548k | Immortalix (AD)
    Redguard Stamina Templar | VMSA Flawless 558k | Jab on Em (DC)
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer | VMSA Stormproof 557k | Slippery when wêt (EP)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Bombblade Setup | VMSA Stormproof 552k | Emilio La Gucci (AD)
    Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight | PvE only | VMSA Stormproof 510k | Cat with Hella Dots (DC)
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade | PvP only | Shadowmeow (AD)
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight | PvP only | Saltbae (AD)

Soon: Magicka Templar

Vet & HM Clear
    MoL, AA, HRC, SO

#PwNeD is BACK!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP BiS gear is considered to be 5 spinners on front bar and 5 lich on back bar with full monster set of your choice, e.g pirate skele or slimecraw. Trouble is for this setup you will need a sharpened spinners fire staff and they are hard to farm and about 300k gold to buy. You will also need a defending lich resto which can only be farmed from crypt of hearts and is also pretty rare. Another set to consider is amber plasm, but that is also a massive pain to farm.

A cheaper/easier setup which is not far off as effective would be 5 seducer and 5 spinners with either a vma fire staff and resto. Or if the vma staves are beyond your reach then 1 kena (or any monster helm or shoulder of your choice) with a crafted seducer destro & resto. vMA destro offers more spell damage than 1 kena, but not by much, and if you're not using wall of elements in pvp then you can put vulnerability poisons on it for 8% more damage for 4s when they proc.

Impen traits are advised on armour, sharpened destro and defending resto are best traits for staves. Seducer is not to be sniffed at, I believe the 8% cost reduction is actually better than the burst regen from lich. Lich just has the advantage by allowing you to wear a full undaunted set, but if you're not using it on your back bar only then you lose that advantage.
    PC | EU
  • Sovegreina
    Sovegreina
    ✭✭
    Got a little tired of the lich/spinner setup myself, so swapped back to an old friend..Kagrenacs. This along with 5 Alteration Mastery and one Infernal Guardian.

Lovin it so far...3.5K spelldmg, and 2.9K recovery(with resource.buff/enchant/witchmother)
    You also get an additional 6% cost reduction from Alteration, which is very nice.

Fifth bonus of Alteration could be swapped out it you want to run 2pcs monster, pirate skeleton/guardian etc....and you would still have more than enough sustain.
    Edited by Sovegreina on February 22, 2017 9:33PM
    EU | PC
    Nebarius - High Elf Sorcerer
    CP800 - Tribune