Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Whats all this stamina sorcerer about?

R1ckyDaMan
R1ckyDaMan
✭✭✭✭
I keep reading how stamina sorcerers are really good, how good?

I have a cp 295 sorc I have not played since I got him to vet 10 back when that was max, did cad's gold etc and he is currently not really specced at all anymore due to skill point refunds etc.

What is a good stamina build for a sorc that does not require dungeon gear or dark brotherhood gear or IC gear?

I have orsinium and thieves guild dlc's.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc are about to take a rather large nerf to hurricane in pve...FYI. (Pvp changes supposedly,will make it equal out). So take that into consideration...the meta might shift.

Stam sorcs are popular because you can really amp up their dps, they have a good AOE long-lasting ability in hurricane, they get to use the weapon skills, of which many are quite good, and they have built in major-brutality and a killer shield.

Sets

There are a lot of possible setups for a stam sorc. I generally like to create a base with a solid 5'piece crafted set. In this event, Twice Born, Hundings and Night Mothers are popular choices. You can supplement this with any solid stamina drop set. Spinners is popular. I have loads of Briar Heart, and I like this a lot for any of my Stam characters. Then I'd round out with a monster helm...stormfist is made for a stam sorc, but most any stam dps set is good. If you don't like running dungeons, just buy a helm at the weekend vendor and grind the shoulders in non-vet runs.

Right now I'm running a fun but different setup. I used my magplar to grind regular and VMSA for Hunt Leader. You said no dungeon grinding, but if you learn the first couple of rounds you can run these aver and over...you don't have to get to the end. And regular MSA gives blue drops. Anyway, Hunt Leader gives as a 5th trait "when your pets attack a target you've recently attacked, you get 1400 stam and 2500 health". I pair this with Morkuldin and Stormfist then run a clanfear. Both the clanfear and sword are pets, so I'm getting endless sustain.

Skills of note:

Bound armaments
    Tending slashes
    Rapid strikes
    Shrouded daggers
    Hurricane
    Dark deal
    The standard bow and 2h abilities, take your pick. I like 2h because I feel it brings an execute back into play. It stinks that they didn't offer a stamina option on the sorc execute.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc used to be great, now about on par with stamplar.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about fun, easy button goodness.