The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BUG: Crafting Bag UI Not Sorting Furnishing Mats Correctly

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

First, I reported in-game after Update 13 went "live" that I could find Furnishing Materials -- Alchemical Resin, Regulus, Mundane Runes, Bast, Decorative Wax, Heartwood -- listed only in the "All Items" category on the Crafting Bag UI.

Second, since the version 2.7.6 patch, I have not found any Furnishing Crafting material in the "All Items" category on the Crafting Bag UI. :neutral:(NOTE: they now appear in the "All Items" category following the most recent patch on 20 February 2017.)

Also:
  • Regulus is not listed in the Blacksmithing category.
  • Bast is not listed in the Clothing category.
  • Heartwood is not listed in the Woodworking category.
  • Alchemical Resin is not listed in the Alchemy category.
  • Mundane Runes are not listed in the Enchanting category.
  • Decorative Wax is listed in the Provisioning category. So, too are Alchemical Resin, Bast, Heartwood, Mundane Runes, and Regulus ( !! ).
May I recommend that the ZOS development team create and implement a separate category for Furniture Crafting materials? In my humble experience, it should be simple to do that and include them in the All Items category, too. It would also make it much more convenient to find them, especially if it is possible that the number of types of Furniture Crafting Materials is ever increased from the current six.

If not that, then when are they going to try again to get whatever way that they intend to do it to make sense?? The current situation is ridiculous.

Edited by Shadowshire on February 22, 2017 5:20AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is intended as the materials are all set as ingredients. My theory is that instead of fix the issues the alchemy and enchanting materials caused, they simply reclassified them. Considering how many people have run into trouble trying to find them, it clearly wasn't the best of ideas.

For those don't know, Alchemical Resin was showing up as a standard reagent at the alchemy station and showed it as having 4 unknown traits in the tooltip and Mundane Rune showed up as having a possible translation in its tooltip oroginally on the PTS.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when you hover over any of the materials I noticed it said provisioning in the top left corner of the tooltip :/
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is intended as the materials are all set as ingredients. My theory is that instead of fix the issues the alchemy and enchanting materials caused, they simply reclassified them. Considering how many people have run into trouble trying to find them, it clearly wasn't the best of ideas. ....
    Only the Decorative Wax is an "ingredient" for Provisioning. The point of sorting items into categories in the UI is to enable players to find whether they have any specific item(s), and, if they do, how much of each item is in their possession. It would be best to have a Furnishing category for the Crafting Bag UI, else, to at least associate each Furnishing Material item with the corresponding type of source node where it can be obtained. In my humble opinion, the current situation would only be intended by an incompetent idiot. ZOS doesn't hire incompetent idiots, do they?
    Sounomi wrote: »
    For those don't know, Alchemical Resin was showing up as a standard reagent at the alchemy station and showed it as having 4 unknown traits in the tooltip and Mundane Rune showed up as having a possible translation in its tooltip oroginally on the PTS.
    FWIW, I didn't see any Mundane Runes on the PTS but I noticed that Alchemical Resin appeared on the Alchemy Station UI as a reagent with 4 unknown traits signified by "?". Its tool-tip should have shown no symbol, or, perhaps, a note that it doesn't have any traits. I didn't try to make any Potion or Poison with it. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on February 20, 2017 8:25AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi